COWDENBEATH 2021-22

To any fans who are maybe down south or abroad the game is possibly going to be streamed with a link for donation only through You Tube however this is yet to be confirmed but we are working hard to try bring that as an option.

Thanks

Ross seems to be getting an easy ride from outside looking in. He had ample time to turn things around. He made plenty signings in Jan.

A complete failure but seems like most are happy for him to stay on. Bollan baw blinkers on.

Forgot to add

Enjoy the universities.

We wont miss you Vimto lol but true what you are saying bout Maurice Ross, need to see how he does with full season under him i guess, great coaching brain but need to see how he does as manager again next season, bit full of himself and strict, also went back on his word about his players and rotated too much., 

In the interests of fairness it has to be pointed out that Edinburgh University has better home baking on sale than at Ochilview...

Stirling Uni use Forthbank. Whether the Binos' pies are better than Stenny's is not a matter I want to get into... 

Stirling Uni use Forthbank. Whether the Binos' pies are better than Stenny's is not a matter I want to get into... 

I don’t really use our catering, but I’m lead to believe our pies are fantastic since the new catering company took over, so they now might be.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

In the interests of fairness it has to be pointed out that Edinburgh University has better home baking on sale than at Ochilview...

Edinburgh Uni’s ground at Peffermill is about 10 minute drive for me, it’s a neat wee ground, but tiny.  

And for anyone really skint or tight, you could watch the match from afar  for free from the path that goes along the bottom of Craigmillar Castle Park (a lovely walk it is as well). 😀

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I heard it dosn’t open for the Uni games.

11 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Edinburgh Uni’s ground at Peffermill is about 10 minute drive for me, it’s a neat wee ground, but tiny.  

And for anyone really skint or tight, you could watch the match from afar  for free from the path that goes along the bottom of Craigmillar Castle Park (a lovely walk it is as well). 😀

Decent for nipping into Oman’s pre match. 

Looking forward now. The club will have almost a brand new squad next season which likely would have happened anyhow regardless of which league.

Just a point of information about players that do leave or are released. Something to think of is 1. do they want to stay 2. can we afford them to stay 3. does the manager want them and 4. they may have clauses in contracts which is custom nowadays. Its not as simple as oh we should keep him or he should let go there is a number of factors in signing and keeping players.

For signing new players which wont be easy the same points apply in essence e.g do they want to come to a lowland league team. can we afford them compared to other teams offers. 3. what do they bring to the table for the club.

I feel the club should target a core group of 20-24 year olds with a hungry attitude to succeed and progress.Sprinkled with 2 or 3 30+ type players.

There is a lot of players out there looking for clubs but moulding them into a winning team is the key. Finding one or two who on paper may not be "fancied" but can do a real good job at the level we are at and improve the team on the pitch in their own way.

Reality will kick in soon but again take it as a positive that we will have brand new squad with a LOT of games next season as we will be in 4 or 5 cups.

I would always try look at signing 1 or 2 players who are "star" players at east of scotland/junior level but they arent cheap and clubs want dough if they are under contract which most of them will be if they are the "star" players. 

Get behind the club by purchasing season tickets and tops and offering help e.g volunteer.

Mon the cowden

We do need a clear out and start again afresh.

After the last two seasons and getting relegated out the SPFL a new outlook and squad is needed.

Won’t be easy in the Lowland League but a chance to get sorted out.

Brechin and now you guys , i just hope we avoid the "championship curse "  

feel for you all but not a lot  the supporters can do about , good luck in getting back  (not easy i know ) .

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Decent for nipping into Oman’s pre match. 

Can you recommend it, looks a wee bit sketchy, I pass by it frequently and the doors are often open and never seems to be anyone in it? Has had a lick of paint recently right enough. 😉

Almost certain it will be the closest boozer to Edinburgh Uni’s wee ground at Peffermill, there are hardly any round there at all.