COWDENBEATH 2021-22

5 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

I was wondering the same thing

The Cowden thread is the busiest by far in the Division 2 section, with some really good and knowledgeable long term members posting, hope everyone keeps going in the LL section.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
7 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:
I was wondering the same thing

Not sure when GTF day is but can we just have a thread which doesn't run for a single session. Call it 'when the sun shines' or something.

GTF day 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not sure when GTF day is but can we just have a thread which doesn't run for a single season. Call it 'when the sun shines' or something.

Yes would be good to have a permenant page and not a seasonally change

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

The Cowden thread is the busiest by far in the Division 2 section, with some really good and knowledgeable long term members posting, hope everyone keeps going in the LL section.

Hopefully most people from here continue down to the LL Section when we make it down therr

47 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

If Tranent could get up via the play offs, they have good home crowds, so may bring a decent support, novelty factor as well for them.

I’ve not paid major attention to the Lowland League, are the B teams for the uglies definitely in for next season? If so, I guess Rangers in particular could attract a reasonable crowd, regardless of the right and wrongs of it.

The rest of the teams could bring a support of one man and his dug by the looks of their home crowds.

Darvel should stroll the play-offs and they would be hot favourites for next season in the Lowland League. Not sure what the attendances are like for Darvel, but they had 781 for the Scottish Cup match against Brechin. They put Kelty in the shade when it comes to resources. Their equivalent of our 100 club pulls in about 3k per month. Never mind the sugar daddy money. They are serious about moving up.

Apart from the bigot brothers, Berwick, Boness and Spartans get the best attendances. I think Berwick averaged nearly 380, Boness nearly 290 and Spartans nearly 240. The Rangers b team averaged over 800, but that was mostly down to switching the game against Celtic to castle grayskull and pulling in over 9000 fans for that match. Even though the bigot brothers didn't pull in the "big" crowds that some expected, they still boosted the average attendance for a lot of the teams. So yeah, some games do have crowds in the tens, rather than hundreds.

57 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Not sure when GTF day is but can we just have a thread which doesn't run for a single season. Call it 'when the sun shines' or something.

There was a thread called exactly that which I started a number of years back. It was replaced by the current season numbered threads by someone though. 
Resurrecting it would be good or calling it something like There Was a Coo. The generic season year threads are just so boring and say nothing about the club’s identity. The Division 2 forum will be so boring without us :D 

Edited by Only coo in the village

5 minutes ago, PELE said:

Darvel should stroll the play-offs and they would be hot favourites for next season in the Lowland League. Not sure what the attendances are like for Darvel, but they had 781 for the Scottish Cup match against Brechin. They put Kelty in the shade when it comes to resources. Their equivalent of our 100 club pulls in about 3k per month. Never mind the sugar daddy money. They are serious about moving up.

Apart from the bigot brothers, Berwick, Boness and Spartans get the best attendances. I think Berwick averaged nearly 380, Boness nearly 290 and Spartans nearly 240. The Rangers b team averaged over 800, but that was mostly down to switching the game against Celtic to castle grayskull and pulling in over 9000 fans for that match. Even though the bigot brothers didn't pull in the "big" crowds that some expected, they still boosted the average attendance for a lot of the teams. So yeah, some games do have crowds in the tens, rather than hundreds.

Yeah, I was being a bit unfair, some of the teams you mentioned get ok crowds and Darvel/Tranent (I’m ruling out St Cuthberts) will be well supported.

I suggested to the missus (quite likes going to games these days) and daughter (loves all football) we could take in Tranent game on Saturday for something to do, got a bit of a look from the wife. 👀 

35 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, I was being a bit unfair, some of the teams you mentioned get ok crowds and Darvel/Tranent (I’m ruling out St Cuthberts) will be well supported.

I suggested to the missus (quite likes going to games these days) and daughter (loves all football) we could take in Tranent game on Saturday for something to do, got a bit of a look from the wife. 👀 

To be fair, if the bigot brothers were not in the league (and I wouldn't have them there), the averages would be lower. Based on the cup attendance, it looks like Darvel are not that well supported (not that we can talk). The population is less than 4000 and I doubt they will attract fans from further afield. That's why they get the Gretna comparison. Far better set up than comparable clubs. The guy who owns them is the owner of Browning's the bakers (the Killie pie company) who sponsor Kilmarnock (if only Charlie Gronbach was still with us).

Cowdenbeath mentioned earlier, the away support coming to Central Park will be poor. There were plenty of games in the Lowland League with crowds under 100. Bonnyrigg were the best supported if you ignore the bigot brothers.

On 15/05/2022 at 19:52, rockson said:

I remember Sons playing Livi for the first time at Almondvale and the Livi programme referred to it as their first home game against the Sons. Not a hint that we'd played Meadowbank Thistle many times before. That programme clearly implied that the writers/editors felt Livingston was a new club.

Not that this sort of thing is restricted to Livi. I was also annoyed when I visited Caley Stadium for a Sons game that home fans were saying, as if Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle had never existed, that they were only twenty or so years old.

IMO Livingston is a new club, I don't tend to take Meadowbank into account when I think of our history. As far as I'm concerned Livi is a 1995>Present thing. I think this kind of mindset comes from fans that were born around the time of or after Livingston became a thing

9 hours ago, PELE said:

To be fair, if the bigot brothers were not in the league (and I wouldn't have them there), the averages would be lower. Based on the cup attendance, it looks like Darvel are not that well supported (not that we can talk). The population is less than 4000 and I doubt they will attract fans from further afield. That's why they get the Gretna comparison. Far better set up than comparable clubs. The guy who owns them is the owner of Browning's the bakers (the Killie pie company) who sponsor Kilmarnock (if only Charlie Gronbach was still with us).

Cowdenbeath mentioned earlier, the away support coming to Central Park will be poor. There were plenty of games in the Lowland League with crowds under 100. Bonnyrigg were the best supported if you ignore the bigot brothers.

To be fair, if they were replaced by 2 big tier 6 clubs, like Tranent & Auchinleck Talbot, I doubt the averages would have been much lower.

58 minutes ago, Marten said:

To be fair, if they were replaced by 2 big tier 6 clubs, like Tranent & Auchinleck Talbot, I doubt the averages would have been much lower.

They wouldn’t be. And if you/when you replace the Uni dross with Pollock and Linlithgow attendances will go from strength to strength. 

On 15/05/2022 at 08:55, BinoBalls said:

That Arbroath fan sounds like an absolute weapon. Nothing like a team being relegated out the football league to smoke out all the bellends from the dark corners of P&B. Generally it’s  certified shitebags who wouldn’t say boo to a goose in person of course. 

Hopefully Cowden do well in the Lowland league. I give credit to those of you who support the club, but your fanbase is ultimately pretty small and it was probably always a risk you would eventually go down. 

Don't let the truth spoil big al's story... I was a subjected to a tirade of online abuse, threats of GBH, and intimidation, so I left P&B. I've just recently returned and was informed that my long done username reappeared... As for lurking on here 😂 why would i, and it's a figment of big al's imagination as I cancelled my account. Two sides to every story... If big al and his flock did such things now, the communicationd act was made to stop this cowardly behaviour. Online abuse is abhorrent, no should feel intimidated, threatened. I'm sure all decent people agree... The weirdos and cowards are those that hide behind their screens and fight to keep their anonymity. 

On 15/05/2022 at 18:55, sailorcowden said:
On 15/05/2022 at 18:44, Onlyme36 said:
I took a break for many many years... I didn't start this up, ask Ali Cornbill to take the break. Take the hint? Feeling a tad uncomfortable? Still no condemnation of online abuse... No further comment for Big Al either... How about you take a break sailorcowden, unless you are the official spokesman of Big Al? 

I really hope you find happiness. You won't find it here

Wrong, I'm finding it here, The online abuse, intimidation, threats of GBH, that lead to me being forced out of P&B are now being dealt with. 

12 hours ago, PELE said:

Aye I reckon we would get no bad numbers from Berwick, Bo’ness and the B sides depending on when we played them.

To all cowden fans just a post to say again the ex players game is on Sunday 22nd at 1pm ko. Bar open before during and after the game.

Donation only at the gate and small run of programmes as well as 50-50 etc. Food and hot drinks will be available for purchase also in the bar.

It would be great if everyone could rally fans/families to turn out and the cause is simple all money goes direct to the club for our new adventures...

The ex players are buzzing for this and I hope they are backed by a decent turn out.

Thanks