COWDENBEATH 2021-22

I agree with a major overhaul within the squad for next season as they have put us in this mess with heartless performances. I would though like to see maurice stay I think if he gave him a pre season with his own team from fresh that we would be in safe hands. Regardless of who comes and goes I have started to feel more positive about next season and will certainly try and push getting the community more involved.

40 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Cammy Gill is the only one I’d want to keep. There’s players that are good enough for the Lowland league but we need a fresh start.

After the performance in the play off no one really deserves to stay. Gutless.

I don’t want Mo Ro in charge either. I don’t think he will be - based on a conversation with him, he does not like the majority of our squad either. 

Let’s hope Darvel don’t win the play off.

I wouldnt be too bothered if Mo Ross goes, i was hoping we would hang onto him, giving he was showing improvement and seems a really good coach, seen a bit of mismanagement in end, good luck to him whatever he does tho. 

I'd be more than happy if Maurice stayed on as coach.  He was seriously hampered by the squad he had to work with.  The play offs were a piss take admittedly but after the dodgy pen we were pretty much doomed anyway.  Half the players we won't be able to afford so it'll be a new team no doubt.

He was well supported, yes it was all too late but he got to bring in a number of players, Bollan suffered from renewing contracts he shouldnt have and a terrible brand of football, i dont think the board let him bring many players in at all this season, Ross got plenty of players in and only a couple were in any way effective, he didnt know how to play the best of both styles, defend well and attack, still was very defensive football, its a results business, we lost plenty of games under him. 

Whoever is in charge we will have to move at pace so a competitive squad can be assembled for next season or we may have slim pickings and behind in preparation for next season like what has happened in the past when assembling a new team or manager.

Hopefully find out asap if current manager Maurice is staying on or not

A prime example being Berwick have signed ex Cowdenbeath player Jamie Stevenson from EK would have been good to see him back playing for Cowdenbeath at Lowland league level. Great set piece player, long range shots

Edited by Cowden316

24 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Whoever is in charge we will have to move at pace so a competitive squad can be assembled for next season or we may have slim pickings and behind in preparation for next season like what has happened in the past when assembling a new team or manager.

A prime example being Berwick have signed ex Cowdenbeath player Jamie Stevenson from EK would have been good to see him back playing for Cowdenbeath at Lowland league level. Great set piece player, long range shots

Jamie’s getting on a bit 37 now he won’t be the same player you remember.

This.

I feel (maybe wrongly) that we've been late to the party when it comes to signing players once the current season comes to a close.

I'd buy my season ticket now if it was possible to help get money in.

It’s a massive task for the club to sort out quickly, but essential they do, hopefully there will be some sort of decent budget to mount a serious challenge.

I guess there will be a parachute payment, and the club must have taken a decent amount from the gate in the play offs.

Next season though, less league sponsorship money (none?), lower gate money.

I don’t envy the directors’ task one bit over the next month or so, as pre-season will be along before we know it.

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

It’s a massive task for the club to sort out quickly, but essential they do, hopefully there will be some sort of decent budget to mount a serious challenge.

I guess there will be a parachute payment, and the club must have taken a decent amount from the gate in the play offs.

Next season though, less league sponsorship money (none?), lower gate money.

I don’t envy the directors’ task one bit over the next month or so, as pre-season will be along before we know it.

There is a parachute payment.

As you say you don’t get any sponsorship money in this league as far as I know.

Hopefully we get a decent draw in the Premier Sports Cup draw.

This could well boost funds,

Also in the Trust Trophy which won’t be so lucrative.

Imagine traveling supports will be low, imagine Berwick would bring the most.

Edited by cowdenbeath

We should be trying to recruit nee players as soon as we can as plenty of the lowland league teams are already have started making signings.

if Maurice is staying on as manager for next season think he should start the clear out of players he’s not needing for next season which by how this season has panned out seems to be most of the current squad.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There is a parachute payment.

As you say you don’t get any sponsorship money in this league as far as I know.

Hopefully we get a decent draw in the Premier Sports Cup draw.

This could well boost funds,

Also in the Trust Trophy which won’t be so lucrative.

Imagine traveling supports will be low, imagine Berwick would bring the most.

If Tranent could get up via the play offs, they have good home crowds, so may bring a decent support, novelty factor as well for them.

I’ve not paid major attention to the Lowland League, are the B teams for the uglies definitely in for next season? If so, I guess Rangers in particular could attract a reasonable crowd, regardless of the right and wrongs of it.

The rest of the teams could bring a support of one man and his dug by the looks of their home crowds.

10 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ve not paid major attention to the Lowland League, are the B teams for the uglies definitely in for next season? If so, I guess Rangers in particular could attract a reasonable crowd, regardless of the right and wrongs of it.

The Lowland voted to extend B teams into next season. 3 teams applied Celtic, Hearts, Rangers. The Lowland Board punted on a decision and have asked members if they wanted a 19 team league for 2022-23.

This vote has supposedly failed to pass but nothing has been confirmed officially.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Lowland voted to extend B teams into next season. 3 teams applied Celtic, Hearts, Rangers. The Lowland Board punted on a decision and have asked members if they wanted a 19 team league for 2022-23.

This vote has supposedly failed to pass but nothing has been confirmed officially.

Thank you, I thought I had read something about the league rejecting a third B team. Getting sillier and sillier.

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m pretty new here, when do we get booted out of the hallowed realms of the League 2 section and into the Lowland League section?

Do the admins do a clean up of all the changes on a certain date once all the play offs are decided?

I was wondering the same thing