COWDENBEATH 2021-22

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Couldn’t they just give non members league fixtures on dates set for those cup games (when possible)?

Thinking about it we would be overloaded with cup fixtures if we played in the Qualifying Cup.

Already have Premier Sports Cup group, Trust Trophy, Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup and LL League Cup.

Life goes on and as long as the football club go on then that’s the most important thing. Heartened to read the positive statement made by the club as it sounded like we would go out of existence a few seasons back if we went down. 
Think most of us were resigned to the inevitable but I’ve never watched a Cowden side with less fight and motivation than I saw yesterday apart from the one that capitulated against Alloa when Jimmy Nic was in charge. 
The team needs a huge overhaul needless to say and we need some fucking firepower. It was an area which was desperately needing addressed all season and never was. 
Cowden will ironically be a bigger fish in a smaller pond next season. Can’t say I’m enthused about the LL and it’s ugly sister Kindergarten squads but it is what it is. The great adventure continues. All of the brain dead numpties dancing at our relegation really need to find something better to do with their time. 

I'm sad to see Cowden go, a good club with a small but fiercely loyal band of supporters. I can remember Mixu Paatelainen's side trouncing us four times in one season and the gulf between the two teams back then was enormous. Hard to believe there's two divisions between us now.

It's a decent awayday too which many will miss. All the best for next season.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

44 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

Life goes on and as long as the football club go on then that’s the most important thing. Heartened to read the positive statement made by the club as it sounded like we would go out of existence a few seasons back if we went down. 
Think most of us were resigned to the inevitable but I’ve never watched a Cowden side with less fight and motivation than I saw yesterday apart from the one that capitulated against Alloa when Jimmy Nic was in charge. 
The team needs a huge overhaul needless to say and we need some fucking firepower. It was an area which was desperately needing addressed all season and never was. 
Cowden will ironically be a bigger fish in a smaller pond next season. Can’t say I’m enthused about the LL and it’s ugly sister Kindergarten squads but it is what it is. The great adventure continues. All of the brain dead numpties dancing at our relegation really need to find something better to do with their time. 

Was that the 3-0 game where the guy Marshall(?) deliberately booted the ball out of the park and did a GIRFUY gesture to his own supporters? It was a bizarre moment.

7 minutes ago, Sixtyten said:

Was that the 3-0 game where the guy Marshall(?) deliberately booted the ball out of the park and did a GIRFUY gesture to his own supporters? It was a bizarre moment.

He also clapped the Alloa support as he walked off in disgrace. If I hadn’t had been so angry at the time I’d have pissed myself laughing. It’s somehow become a bit of a weirdly fond memory of my time supporting Cowden. Another was when a Morton player got sent off at CP for making a gesture towards a few Cowden supporters who were slagging off his beard  :) 

As someone who has drifted away from spfl football in recent years mainly due to cost and entertainment value, you guys will find plenty of life in the so-called non-league sector. Gate prices are less, you only play teams twice in the league (as previously mentioned), and there's less sterile grounds.

So commiserations, but actually you might find your footy experience more enjoyable. I certainly have and  have no desire to go back, although I do still follow the Airdrie scores. Incidentally, I remember Cowden spanking Airdrie 5-1 a number of years ago, I think it was at the Excelsior. In fact at that time the Blue Brazil always gave us a tough game.

All the best, and who knows.... you might not want to come back! (Although the problem of the junior ugly sisters at the lowland level is bound to be depressing). 

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

Bit early to say i guess but of the current players at Cowdenbeath, who deserves to have their contract extended? and how do we recruit in players properly who want to play for Cowden?, need to show that fight again, dont think this seasons team was very streetwise, compared to previous teams, not slating them, sure they all did their best but when we went behind in games, they didnt respond too greatly.

If it seems like I'm talking pish keep in mind it's from the perspective of someone who's been to 3 home games, 4 away games and mostly watched the live ticker on onefootball.

In goals I would say Gill couldn't cut it, but he's capable of a motm performance here and there, has a season of senior football underneath his belt now and should cope better in the lowland league, distribution needs to improve though. Davie McGurn is a credit to us and will hopefully double as a backup keeper and coach for another season.

In defence I'd be relieved to keep mango. A leader who can set an example for the new blood when they come in. Also wouldn't mind keeping Fraser Mullen even if only for the free kicks and the fact he's been at the club as long as he has. Might also be worth hanging onto Watson and Pollock.

In midfield I'd hope for Morrison and Barrowman to stay. Barrowman matched Ompreon for goals and is less likely to demand full time wages.

Upfront we'd ideally resign Liam Buchanan, a player who made the most of his criminally limited playing time. Ompreon is most likely going elsewhere but if we can somehow afford him he's capable of tearing up the lowland league as long as he has good quality players around him. I haven't really seen Aikamhenzie play but he must be good enough as a backup, anyone's better than Carty. 

Actually being able to bring in decent players is a whole other topic but if Broomhill can lure in Jamie Semple from East Fife then there must be a chance for us.

Would be very surprised if Liam Buchanan stayed. He was given very little game time by the manager. I still saw him and Renton as our best forward combination  but our manager clearly didn’t rate either of them. We badly need a half decent Stiker but that’s stating the bleeding obvious. We have had some great forwards over the years but our attacking threat has been shit for a good few years now. 

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

He also clapped the Alloa support as he walked off in disgrace. If I hadn’t had been so angry at the time I’d have pissed myself laughing. It’s somehow become a bit of a weirdly fond memory of my time supporting Cowden. Another was when a Morton player got sent off at CP for making a gesture towards a few Cowden supporters who were slagging off his beard  :) 

The Morton player was Rowan Vine. That was highlight of his time at Morton.

Would be very surprised if Liam Buchanan stayed. He was given very little game time by the manager. I still saw him and Renton as our best forward combination  but our manager clearly didn’t rate either of them. We badly need a half decent Stiker but that’s stating the bleeding obvious. We have had some great forwards over the years but our attacking threat has been shit for a good few years now. 
Spence probably the last goalscorer we had and even his goals disappeared when Smith jetted off to Australia, so we need the right kind of player to get the ball to a striker as well to convert the chances.

56 minutes ago, weanjohnson said:

If it seems like I'm talking pish keep in mind it's from the perspective of someone who's been to 3 home games, 4 away games and mostly watched the live ticker on onefootball.

In goals I would say Gill couldn't cut it, but he's capable of a motm performance here and there, has a season of senior football underneath his belt now and should cope better in the lowland league, distribution needs to improve though. Davie McGurn is a credit to us and will hopefully double as a backup keeper and coach for another season.

In defence I'd be relieved to keep mango. A leader who can set an example for the new blood when they come in. Also wouldn't mind keeping Fraser Mullen even if only for the free kicks and the fact he's been at the club as long as he has. Might also be worth hanging onto Watson and Pollock.

In midfield I'd hope for Morrison and Barrowman to stay. Barrowman matched Ompreon for goals and is less likely to demand full time wages.

Upfront we'd ideally resign Liam Buchanan, a player who made the most of his criminally limited playing time. Ompreon is most likely going elsewhere but if we can somehow afford him he's capable of tearing up the lowland league as long as he has good quality players around him. I haven't really seen Aikamhenzie play but he must be good enough as a backup, anyone's better than Carty. 

Actually being able to bring in decent players is a whole other topic but if Broomhill can lure in Jamie Semple from East Fife then there must be a chance for us.

Seems you have quite clear idea, despite not being able to make many games, i dont get the luxury of going to the games every week but do get to quite a few and ive being lucky with Blue Brazil TV, still going on, its being a great addition, no idea if its gonna be possible to keep that going next season in the lowland league.

Gill is good shot stopper and only made a couple of mistakes this season, his kicking really needs to improve like you said, the only flaw in his game, do think next season we need a more street wise defence, more physical but the clear problems were in the middle of the park and lack of pace and a goalscorer, id like us to keep Mullen for sure, just hope he doesnt decide to move on to another club in league 2 or lower end of league 1, hes a solid player and his yellow cards prove hes a commited one too lol, i think jacob glass and Pollock have enough about them to keep them on, Craig Barr would be big asset in the lowland league but not too sure what his next step will be like Mullen and how much they are enjoying playing for Cowden still., Jamie Todd getting a bit slow and sloppy but in lowland league he will probably have something to offer still, Swann will most likely want to move on, i dont think hes ever being played in his proper position further up the pitch, I definitely wouldnt keep Bobby Barr, Lennon Watson boy never really got a chance for me to gauge his ability, Coulson definitely wont come back on loan, the manager unfairly rotated him all time and didnt play him in games that mattered, the manager got plenty of praise and backing, do feel he made mistakes, one bringing in Carty, at a time we needed a big target man, gave hum some games where the boy looked well off the pace and then decided to bin Renton, who was just coming back from injury, another has to be ommiting Liam Buchanan and then installing him back into the team for while and then dropping him for both play off games, also never gave Coulson Liam and Ompreon a chance upfront as a 3, which i think could have being much more potent but he didnt even give it a chance.

Id love to keep Barrowman, a player in there with technique and work effort, at least can link the play and not afraid to have a go at goal, Kyle Miller would have retire if we dont sign him back on, im not sure who else would come in for him. Alex Ferguson of course wont be back and didnt really do much damage, after looking impressive the first few games, Joe Moore looked off the pace, even tho he was apparently pacey, he could never get on the ball or in behind players, tho he wasnt giving much minutes, looks like he needs to beef up a wee bit, Alkamhenze solves the pace problem in the team, having seen him in Stenny game hes rapid, doesnt look the best of finishers but hes young and got himself in good areas at least, hoping Gavin Morrison stays on but seems to be quite injury prone but at least he can pass the ball a little bit, David Carty, i doubt he will be staying on next season, Ompreon will either go back down south or sign for a league 1 side or higher up league 2 team, wouldnt mind us resigning Robbie Buchanan , he at least tracks play, i doubt he will have many suitors, Liam Buchanan of course id like to stay on but if Maurice Ross is staying , i doubt liam will want to hang around, 

I don't want any of this season's squad to be back in a Cowden shirt next season. All a bunch of shitebags and got worse every week. The poorest Cowdenbeath squad who got us relegated. None of them should wear the shirt again. 

I don't want any of this season's squad to be back in a Cowden shirt next season. All a bunch of shitebags and got worse every week. The poorest Cowdenbeath squad who got us relegated. None of them should wear the shirt again. 

So sorry to see you go down

13 hours ago, sailorcowden said:
13 hours ago, Onlyme36 said:
I took a break for many many years... I didn't start this up, ask Ali Cornbill to take the break. Take the hint? Feeling a tad uncomfortable? Still no condemnation of online abuse... No further comment for Big Al either... How about you take a break sailorcowden, unless you are the official spokesman of Big Al? 

I really hope you find happiness. You won't find it here

That says it all, people are ok with online intimidating and threats of GBH... Time to look at your moral compass. 

Im not jumping on the pile-on. cowdenbeath supporters will be feeling it as any of us would if it was our own club. should have a chance in the lowland league given there drive to go all wacky with open goal broomhill, ann summers fairydean, and kids clubs that can win but don't win.

10 hours ago, forfarton said:

The Morton player was Rowan Vine. That was highlight of his time at Morton.

Either he is fucking amazing at trials or he has the best agent in the world. Look how many clubs he’s played for.

B1AADD70-B8A5-4A98-B640-8CD9A2CFF880.png

470E3978-9DAB-4A8B-893F-7D44B0D30CD5.png

Cammy Gill is the only one I’d want to keep. There’s players that are good enough for the Lowland league but we need a fresh start.

After the performance in the play off no one really deserves to stay. Gutless.

I don’t want Mo Ro in charge either. I don’t think he will be - based on a conversation with him, he does not like the majority of our squad either. 

Let’s hope Darvel don’t win the play off.