COWDENBEATH 2021-22

I am a lot less depressed than I thought I would be. The leagues are changing, some ways for the better, others for the worse. There's going to end up at some point a full pyramid structure that (I hope) actually works. Cowden will, as always, bounce around these leagues. Let's face it, we don't often have a quiet season.

Mon the Cowden.

23 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Enjoy playing in that shit stadium in Hamilton ya roaster.

And to all the other p***ks on here, hope you get yours soon.

A cheek to talk w the state of your racetrack. Get about 100 splinters fae sitting on those pathetic benches.

Hopefully the plan is to build a team to go straight back up, that means a squad capable of winning the play off not just winning the LL.

I expect a few players will want to play at tier 4 or better so might not be here next season.

If Mo Ross wants to remain the manager that's fine with me, let him build a team, use the parachute payment well and hopefully we can do it.

Gill, Mullen, Thomson, Barr, Morrison, Ompreon, Barrowman, Coulson would be worth keeping as they are L2 level or better. Rovers might not want their player getting LL time though.

I'm sure Liam Buchanan could score for fun against some of the LL teams but we'll need another couple as well up front.

9 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Hopefully the plan is to build a team to go straight back up, that means a squad capable of winning the play off not just winning the LL.

I expect a few players will want to play at tier 4 or better so might not be here next season.

If Mo Ross wants to remain the manager that's fine with me, let him build a team, use the parachute payment well and hopefully we can do it.

Gill, Mullen, Thomson, Barr, Morrison, Ompreon, Barrowman, Coulson would be worth keeping as they are L2 level or better. Rovers might not want their player getting LL time though.

I'm sure Liam Buchanan could score for fun against some of the LL teams but we'll need another couple as well up front.

I thought Thomson was going to East Kilbride?

Validation... Name and shame. If Ali Cornbill did now, what he did back then, it is criminal offence. Ali has lied and contradicted himself online and by private messages. No condemnation on P&B... doesn't say much for others does it... Open intimidation and threats of GBH are ok. Sad state of affairs.
Take the hint neebur...have a break [emoji3531]

What was the script with the stewarding and policing yesterday?

Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many folk openly drinking carry outs or absolutely steaming at a game as yesterday, and don’t recall seeing a steward anywhere until the ambulances appeared. There were folk lying on the grass verge comatose with puddles of sick at their side, and when the paramedics and cops turned up they must’ve wondered wtf was going on.

Did Cowdenbeath decide just to coin it in for one last game, let everyone in regardless of what nick they were in and steward a 2000 crowd the same way they would a 300 crowd?

With the obvious exception of the guy who had to be treated, it was quite funny to watch, but how could the Bonnyrigg fans and Cowdenbeath as a club get away with not giving a toss about any rules regarding bevvy?

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

What was the script with the stewarding and policing yesterday?

Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many folk openly drinking carry outs or absolutely steaming at a game as yesterday, and don’t recall seeing a steward anywhere until the ambulances appeared. There were folk lying on the grass verge comatose with puddles of sick at their side, and when the paramedics and cops turned up they must’ve wondered wtf was going on.

Did Cowdenbeath decide just to coin it in for one last game, let everyone in regardless of what nick they were in and steward a 2000 crowd the same way they would a 300 crowd?

With the obvious exception of the guy who had to be treated, it was quite funny to watch, but how could the Bonnyrigg fans and Cowdenbeath as a club get away with not giving a toss about any rules regarding bevvy?

It was mad . Drunkest crowd I’ve seen.

When I was walking from my car there was a group polishing off a bottle of vodka and a few tins,  they got one of their kids to carry a bag of carry out to the ground(under the apparent belief kids could take bottles into the ground) During the game I saw them openly taking bottles out that bag. There was clearly very little attempt to stop it,  it wasn’t hipflask in the pocket efforts with a quick swig now and again, it was not open and obviously but the level of stewarding left little chance to stop it.

Edited by parsforlife

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’ve been to Bonnyrigg’s ground.  Don’t think they’re in a position to have a go at anyone about this.

As a Kelty fan I have come across Bonnyrigg fans on several occasions, and they definitely don't have much in the way of class about them, so I'm not surprised about the derisory content of their posts. Sad to see Cowden go down, just hope that they can get back up in the not too distant future.

Away from the atrocious crime that is having a drink at the football (honestly, who gives a f**k?), I thought Cowdenbeath's efforts yesterday were by and large ghastly. Ompreon was probably the only one that comes out with credit, he put in another solid shift and you'd expect Cowden have no chance of keeping him about next season. As mentioned earlier, Coulson looked handy when he came on but it's a bit like being a golden turd in a toilet - you're only going to get stained by all the slimey shite around you, and ultimately you're still a jobby.

The game was probably already finished before it began, but have to say Cowden's setup was shite. Never really looked like scoring and it looks as though Maurice Ross has struggled to keep many of the players interested - most looked like they had already left in mind. If I were a fan I'd probably be hoping they shift him on. A fresh start on all fronts might be handy. Better to do that sooner than later though.

As for Bonnyrigg, a deserved win/promotion, but I don't think they'll be troubling the top end of the season next season. Probably more continuity and few signings. Keep Currie fit and you'll be in most games. Without him they'd be nothing special.

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

Guest Sheltie97

Its a real shame that you have been relegated and i can imagine you must be gutted,

Regroup and come back again, all the best ;) 

7 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Even Keltys ground is poor in parts, if you are in the covered terracing at the high Street end you can't see a fair bit of the pitch due to the dugouts, thick steel beams and covered sides with window cutouts. The other 3 sides are fine though.

In the new stand at our ground if you are near the back towards the high st you have an unobstructed view.

The main issue at the back of the terracing is stupid flags blocking the view, the floodlights don't really affect it much.

Let's face it, a lot of grounds have their features.

It has improved a lot in recent years, with more to come soon.

6 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Sure that Cowdenbeath fans will enjoy the Lowland League next season.

It is a good league, and having a Fife team in it next season means that I can see more matches than I could in recent seasons, although Cowden fans may not agree with me!

20 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Meadowbank up sticks and moved to Livingston it was the same club just under another name

I remember Sons playing Livi for the first time at Almondvale and the Livi programme referred to it as their first home game against the Sons. Not a hint that we'd played Meadowbank Thistle many times before. That programme clearly implied that the writers/editors felt Livingston was a new club.

Not that this sort of thing is restricted to Livi. I was also annoyed when I visited Caley Stadium for a Sons game that home fans were saying, as if Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle had never existed, that they were only twenty or so years old.

1 minute ago, Robert Forbes said:

It is a good league, and having a Fife team in it next season means that I can see more matches than I could in recent seasons, although Cowden fans may not agree with me!

We just have to get on with it!

Some away days will be better than others.

Berwick will be the most popular.

I suppose the main thing is you only play once home and away so things are less repetitive.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We just have to get on with it!

Some away days will be better than others.

Berwick will be the most popular.

I suppose the main thing is you only play once home and away so things are less repetitive.

I watched Kelty a fair bit last season and I must admit playing teams 4 times did become boring after a point. I've always watched leagues whereby the teams play each other only twice, and it does make a big difference. 

4 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

I watched Kelty a fair bit last season and I must admit playing teams 4 times did become boring after a point. I've always watched leagues whereby the teams play each other only twice, and it does make a big difference. 

Most of my time watching us has seen us either see clubs play each other 3 or 4 times.

It does get boring at times.

It's not an immediate concern by any means. Would Cowdenbeath think about joining the EoSFA to get an extra cup competition?

East Stirlingshire haven't and Berwick Rangers were already existing members. With about half the current LL in the EoSFA it tends to lose at least the one Saturday to the EoS Qualifying Cup with the potential knock-on effects from cup runs.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not an immediate concern by any means. Would Cowdenbeath think about joining the EoSFA to get an extra cup competition?

East Stirlingshire haven't and Berwick Rangers were already existing members. With about half the current LL in the EoSFA it tends to lose at least the one Saturday to the EoS Qualifying Cup with the potential knock-on effects from cup runs.

Couldn’t they just give non members league fixtures on dates set for those cup games (when possible)?

Bit early to say i guess but of the current players at Cowdenbeath, who deserves to have their contract extended? and how do we recruit in players properly who want to play for Cowden?, need to show that fight again, dont think this seasons team was very streetwise, compared to previous teams, not slating them, sure they all did their best but when we went behind in games, they didnt respond too greatly.

Edited by SuperCowden