COWDENBEATH 2021-22

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Always think of what a terrific best 11 Cowden could come up with over the last few decades. Cowdenbeath has added plenty to the colour and interest of our game. Motorbiking mascots, future stars getting their break, mad games, near riots, heavy defeats, lucky narrow win in playoffs against Dunfermline, mystery fire, changing in huts, stockies, wind-assisted 40 yarders..

Tough times but for now it’s thanks and good night Cowden and hopefully there’s an interesting new chapter ahead for you. 

I was there that day:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3What a party it was.

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well a great day for Rose fans and a sad one for Cowdenbeath fans. Over the 180mins the Rose deserved the victory. I like many others was disappointed at the lack of urgency, motivation shown by the home team.  Your fans complaints from NDP last week are nothing compared to your ramshackle ground, an awful place to view football. The crowd figure was given as 2117, (I think that is when you will have a half decent team next). There was surely much more than that. Thanks also for the ignorant, ,insulting tractor driver moving tyres round the track and cooling the Rose team and fans celebrations. That proves where the priorities lie in the Stadio del Stock Cars.

Enjoy your time in the LL their thread  for next season is below this one on the P&B platform. I would happily open that thread for you.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

We were poor but playing against 12 doesn’t help.  Even yesterday when the game is dead the Rose got all the decisions.

Well the high emotions of yesterday have settled and some reflection done.

It has been a very poor couples of years at Cowdenbeath but now is not the time to blame anyone as we are a family club so we should all share some of the responsibilities to our underachievements.

We now need to regroup and have probably an emergency meeting to have meaningful open and honest conversations around the future of our club. Personally following us in the Lowland league is not something I have much appetite for looking at the standard of football based on yesterday but our number one priority right now is to keep Cowdenbeath FC at the heart of the community and it to continue to exist.

Then we must develop say a 3 year plan of where we want the club to be and that is how we measure and compare our progress against and review it together

Also we should develop a club philosophy for example it could be players playing 100 percent playing for the club jersey, players engaging with the community and community activities.

There is no doubt massive changes are required but it is key we all stick together as a club who all deeply care about the club whether board members, fans and well-wishers. 

We can bounce back to the SPFL stronger and better when that will be nobody knows but we need to aim high, be ambitious whilst ensuring as the main priority the club survives.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Let's not forget in all of this the many decades of access to pools money and ground related grants that part time SFL/SPFL clubs had access to but junior clubs of comparable support level did not.

To be fair Rovers opened their stand in 1919 no grants then😀

I hope they do get it sorted out and wish them well, I was just shocked they hadn’t done more with ambitions of being in the SPFL.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Even Keltys ground is poor in parts, if you are in the covered terracing at the high Street end you can't see a fair bit of the pitch due to the dugouts, thick steel beams and covered sides with window cutouts. The other 3 sides are fine though.

In the new stand at our ground if you are near the back towards the high st you have an unobstructed view.

The main issue at the back of the terracing is stupid flags blocking the view, the floodlights don't really affect it much.

Let's face it, a lot of grounds have their features.

New Central Park has its faults the worst being the design of the standing enclosures.

I quite like the seated stand, hopefully someday they will extend it all the way along that side.

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Well the high emotions of yesterday have settled and some reflection done.

It has been a very poor couples of years at Cowdenbeath but now is not the time to blame anyone as we are a family club so we should all share some of the responsibilities to our underachievements.

We now need to regroup and have probably an emergency meeting to have meaningful open and honest conversations around the future of our club. Personally following us in the Lowland league is not something I have much appetite for looking at the standard of football based on yesterday but our number one priority right now is to keep Cowdenbeath FC at the heart of the community and it to continue to exist.

Then we must develop say a 3 year plan of where we want the club to be and that is how we measure and compare our progress against and review it together

Also we should develop a club philosophy for example it could be players playing 100 percent playing for the club jersey, players engaging with the community and community activities.

There is no doubt massive changes are required but it is key we all stick together as a club who all deeply care about the club whether board members, fans and well-wishers. 

We can bounce back to the SPFL stronger and better when that will be nobody knows but we need to aim high, be ambitious whilst ensuring as the main priority the club survives.

You mentioned the standard of the Lowland League judging the standard of Bonnyrigg, it says it all about the standard of the team we have assembled that we got beat 4-0 over two games, as well as losing 4-2 to the Strollers!

At the end of the day no point feeling sorry for ourselves it’s our own fault for finishing bottom.

Now we have the chance to rebuild without the fear of being club 42 hanging over our heads.

No doubt there will be a lot of changes on and off the park but in reality it’s needed.

The rot set in the season Jimmy Nicholl got us relegated and it’s not got any better since.

No point on dwelling on the past both good and bad, it’s the present day and future which matters.

Your point about the community well on Friday I was speaking to a member of the High Street community and they pointed out when do you ever see anyone from the club on the High Street and wouldn’t recognise Maurice Ross.

The Cowden in the Community has made in roads but we can do more.

Edited by cowdenbeath

For anyone pointing out the slope at Bonnyrigg wait until you draw Beith away in the South Challenge Cup.

In all seriousness though best of luck to the club going forward.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Wasnt going to post but I shall to update fans. This club means an awful lot to hell of a lot of people.

Unfortunately due to poor management/recruitment and general difficulties in running a football club for last few years not just this year. we find ourselves in lowland league. We can go one of two ways its quite simple really. We can man up and move forward with vision/passion and a collective unity.

The other option is to give up and say I cant watch us or support us or give time to this club because we are in the lowland league that's every persons perogative. Personally I will support and give everything I can to ensure we get this club back to where I believe it belongs.

Thousands of decisions have happened that mean we are where we are not just down to 2 games in the play off.

The disappointment is still raw and will continue to be there for a while no doubt however I would urge everyone to stick by this club support it and ask yourself can I do more.. if you can do it. If you cant that's fine too.

Major overhaul will happen and was going to happen even if we stayed up. The vision and direction was changing and it's a pity we wont be able to see that happen in league 2. Mo may stay I dont know that's up to him/board and donald. My personal feeling is  I hope he does and gets a chance to put his stamp on things with a younger more vibrant squad and completely revamp the mentality of the club from top to bottom.

Mon the cowden.

P.s mind theres a game next sunday full of ex cowden players and that money raised go right to the club. Come out and show your support. 

15 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Well stop havering pish then.

The rest of your post is just havers. Try learning our history, Ferranti, to Meadowbank, to Livingston, all the same club, whether Meadowbank fans were happy about Hunter moving the club to Livingston or not, it still was the same players and club, there are Meadowbank fans supporting Livi too, that stuck with their club moving to Livingston, go tell them they're not supporting the same club. I'm not denying it wasn't popular and a lot of Meadowbank fans chucked it, but some are still here, and the club is thriving in the top flight after a lot of hard times and struggles. Complete pish saying it isn't the same club, formerly known as Meadowbank though, our history is linked to Ferranti and Meadowbank.

See the source image

A lot of Meadowbank fans weren't happy with the move and started getting involved with Edinburgh City. Just saying likes. 

I'm probably in a complete minority from an opposition fans point of view but there's something about Central Park I quite enjoy. Seen many a game there when Rovers have played Cowden and granted I don't think I've ever seen a good game of football there but it's always been an enjoyable away day. Terraces, freedom of movement about the ground, pubs nearby, usually a decent Rovers crowd. My laddie comes with me to games and only knows the modern stadia so he got a shock yesterday when I telt him it was standing only. He had a great time running about the terraces and being in a ground that, to him, was a bit 'different'. I've never had an issue with Cowden but I find it crazy to think that's them now in the LL. Can still remember players like Hemmings and Stewart bodying us on a regular basis and there were times they were a tough team to crack. Hope they bounce back quickly. 

What a bunch of arseholes on this forum , with no allegiance or association to Cowden, giving it the big one, karma is a funny thing and football is unforgivable and a cruel thing, i dont think its in good taste, slagging a team, relegated into the non league, with limited resources to before and have being fighting for a good 5 seasons now, with up's and down's, all that talk just makes me think we can prove them all wrong and come back into league 2, really hope so. 

4 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

What time does the game start on Sunday?

Has it been advertised much? I am not being sarcy, I am not local so just wondering how much folk know about it.

I’m sure more stuff will get posted during the week as I’m sure I remember someone saying the fans team will get announced sometime soon

7 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

I’m sure more stuff will get posted during the week as I’m sure I remember someone saying the fans team will get announced sometime soon

Thanks. If the list of players could get put up here as well that would be handy. I could send it round a few folk.

46 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

What time does the game start on Sunday?

Has it been advertised much? I am not being sarcy, I am not local so just wondering how much folk know about it.

There has been a post up on cowden fb page once a month since december pretty much. There will be a post going up soon about the game and the teams. A few more players have been added and some sadly dropping out. The ko is 1pm sunday with the bar open before during and after the game.

Donation only at the gate. 

Thanks