COWDENBEATH 2021-22

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I have no grudge against Cowdenbeath, even though that was the place I had my one and only personal encounter with football violence. Walking through the car park after a game, some local yob ran up behind me, punched me on the jaw and legged it. Those who know me will know that I'm not the biggest of people so it was obvious he didn't want to pick on somebody his own size. When we got out onto the street he was standing with a crowd of his mates waiting to see if we were going to respond. We just ignored them, got back on the bus as quickly as we could and got the f**k out of Dodge,

But one arsehole doesn't represent a whole club, so I wish Cowdenbeath all the best and hope they buck the trend and come straight back up.

When was that. Away games were a dodgy business in the late 70s, remember being on a bus at Alloa which got a window put in.

A sad day for Cowden, and especially for the fans - can't imagine how tough this is to take.  Alas, as others have mentioned, league tables don't lie (as my lot know this season only too well).  Best of luck folks.

4 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

When was that. Away games were a dodgy business in the late 70s, remember being on a bus at Alloa which got a window put in.

Probably around 1979. Our bus also got stoned by some Albion Rovers fans a few years later but I wasn't counting that as a personal attack.

Well a great day for Rose fans and a sad one for Cowdenbeath fans. Over the 180mins the Rose deserved the victory. I like many others was disappointed at the lack of urgency, motivation shown by the home team.  Your fans complaints from NDP last week are nothing compared to your ramshackle ground, an awful place to view football. The crowd figure was given as 2117, (I think that is when you will have a half decent team next). There was surely much more than that. Thanks also for the ignorant, ,insulting tractor driver moving tyres round the track and cooling the Rose team and fans celebrations. That proves where the priorities lie in the Stadio del Stock Cars.

Enjoy your time in the LL their thread  for next season is below this one on the P&B platform. I would happily open that thread for you.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

10 hours ago, parslad said:

Was at the game as a neutral but would have preferred a Cowden win. Sad to see a fellow Fife club drop out the league. For what it's worth thought cowden should have had a stonewall penalty and Bonnyrigg award was a bit soft.

Not a great game but hearing a Xmas song at half time was pretty entertaining for middle of May. Good luck on coming back up. 

Re: The Halftime "entertainment" I thought I was hearing things!! (well I was, but you know what I mean lol)

The damage was done last week but I was really disappointed we didn't give it more of a go ,getting forward in numbers and taking a chance at the back. The front two were left to get on with it and try to create something from long hopeful punts  up the park. When Ross first came in we were trying to build from the back and play possession football, but for some reason he abandoned this and went all Bollanesque, and had exactly the same problem Bollan had, a midfield that couldn't win a second ball to save its life. Another pish ref yesterday as well.

11 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well a great day for Rose fans and a sad one for Cowdenbeath fans. Over the 180mins the Rose deserved the victory. I like many others was disappointed at the lack of urgency, motivation shown by the home team.  Your fans complaints from NDP last week are nothing compared to your ramshackle ground, an awful place to view football. The crowd figure was given as 2117, (I think that is when you will have a half decent team next). There was surely much more than that. Thanks also for the ignorant, ,insulting tractor driver moving tyres round the track and cooling the Rose team and fans celebrations. That proves where the priorities lie in the Stadio del Stock Cars.

Enjoy your time in the LL their thread  for next season is below this one on the P&B platform. I would happily open that thread for you.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I’ve been to Bonnyrigg’s ground.  Don’t think they’re in a position to have a go at anyone about this.

I’ve been to Bonnyrigg’s ground.  Don’t think they’re in a position to have a go at anyone about this.

They certainly aren’t that will be the poorest ground in the league next season unless they get some big bucks coming in.
Compared to Cove and Kelty’s grounds it’s night and day.
Good luck to them though.

20 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

There are good viewpoints and poor ones at Central Park, towards the back of the terracing where you guys were is a great view, appreciate it was busy yesterday, but for 99% of games we get a great view.

Both stands are fine as long as you are further back, get used to the stock car fence after a while and don’t notice it.

I think we had the best view in the stadium yesterday.

487AA557-D288-4C4C-B0BA-0176E767BFD1.jpeg

Commiserations to the Cowdenbeath fans - a very sad day. Many knock Central park but I have some good memories with games against the Rovers over the years. Hopefully the club can reset now (whatever that means) whether it new Directors or Chairman. As for the manager probably best that he goes unless Cowden fans can see something that others don’t.

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg on a brilliant achievement . Fans from Cove and Kelty have appeared at Cliftonhill turning up their noses at the place in good old Billy Big Baws fashion. I’m hoping the Rose fans will  appreciate it for what it is. 

1 minute ago, Vodka Vic said:

Commiserations to the Cowdenbeath fans - a very sad day. Many knock Central park but I have some good memories with games against the Rovers over the years. Hopefully the club can reset now (whatever that means) whether it new Directors or Chairman. As for the manager probably best that he goes unless Cowden fans can see something that others don’t.

Congratulations to Bonnyrigg on a brilliant achievement . Fans from Cove and Kelty have appeared at Cliftonhill turning up their noses at the place in good old Billy Big Baws fashion. I’m hoping the Rose fans will  appreciate it for what it is. 

Be interesting over the coming days and weeks to see what the plans are. As I live in Edinburgh will have a number of nearby away matches, might be fun.  I pass the Edinburgh Uni ground at Peffermill many times a week, guess will be visiting there next season, never gave that much thought before that Cowden would play there. 😬 It has the tiniest wee stand, Bonnyrigg would kill for it though.

I agree about Maurice Ross, not sure if finances would allow him to be paid off as I think he has a contract for next year, but I wouldn’t be too sad he went.

Loved visit to Cliftonhill this season, may it never change too much. The old stand is a beauty, and the fans are a really decent bunch.  Just wish the big old terracing could be reopened.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Probably around 1979. Our bus also got stoned by some Albion Rovers fans a few years later but I wasn't counting that as a personal attack.

Aye a personal attack would have been a lot worse.

Rose fans going on about our ground is funny.

Yes it is shit with the fence and stock car track but at least you can actually see the game.

At least with them in the league folk won’t be complaining about the likes of Cliftonhill next season.

22 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Rose fans will probably be amazed with the new fangle things Rovers have like a seated stand and proper turnstiles 😀

You're confusing us with Airdrie Utd, who bought over another club's registration to come back from liquidation. Meadowbank up sticks and moved to Livingston, their team started playing in Livingston and changed names, same as they did when moving to Meadowbank as Ferranti Thistle, and changed names. That's hardly the same as destroying another club, it was the same club just under another name, and change of location. Plenty other clubs have moved to a different stadium, and even another town. You really need to know what you're talking about before throwing such accusations about.

As a former Meadowbank fan it most certainly wasn’t “same club just under another name”. Maybe you need to know what you’re talking about?

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Rose fans will probably be amazed with the new fangle things Rovers have like a seated stand and proper turnstiles 😀

Let's not forget in all of this the many decades of access to pools money and ground related grants that part time SFL/SPFL clubs had access to but junior clubs of comparable support level did not.

Even Keltys ground is poor in parts, if you are in the covered terracing at the high Street end you can't see a fair bit of the pitch due to the dugouts, thick steel beams and covered sides with window cutouts. The other 3 sides are fine though.

In the new stand at our ground if you are near the back towards the high st you have an unobstructed view.

The main issue at the back of the terracing is stupid flags blocking the view, the floodlights don't really affect it much.

Let's face it, a lot of grounds have their features.

Always think of what a terrific best 11 Cowden could come up with over the last few decades. Cowdenbeath has added plenty to the colour and interest of our game. Motorbiking mascots, future stars getting their break, mad games, near riots, heavy defeats, lucky narrow win in playoffs against Dunfermline, mystery fire, changing in huts, stockies, wind-assisted 40 yarders..

Tough times but for now it’s thanks and good night Cowden and hopefully there’s an interesting new chapter ahead for you. 

A sad day for us. I was disappointed with the lack of urgency from the players yesterday but looking forward to seeing Berwick and East Stirling again after so many years. A great chance to press the button without fear of being club 42. Good luck to the Rose in the new season. Met a few of the fans and they were a good bunch. On to the next adventure [emoji170][emoji1054]