COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Sorry to see Cowden go down. Some of the online fans can certainly be a little abrasive and also met some interesting characters on visits to Central Park, but in general I always found it a welcoming place. While the ground has seen better days, I'd far rather watch football there than some of the newer stadiums. Such a long and proud history in the league too. Indeed, it is 100 years exactly since Alloa and Cowden battled for the first ever automatic promotion place in the SFL. 70 years after that I remember sitting on the track at the Recs as a wee boy as Cowden squeezed us out in the 1992 promotion decider with 5000 fans present. Had plenty battles since then. 

Hope Cowden can regroup and have a right crack at coming back up. Condolences to the fans (even the one with the bizarre Barry Ferguson obsession at the start of the season). 

Edited by Waspie

2 hours ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Feel free to explain why. Seriously, I'd be very interested...

Cowdenbeath have been stuck in the bottom of Scottish football for years and have had a shocking season, but at least their fans know their team hasn't screwed anyone over in the process.

You're confusing us with Airdrie Utd, who bought over another club's registration to come back from liquidation. Meadowbank up sticks and moved to Livingston, their team started playing in Livingston and changed names, same as they did when moving to Meadowbank as Ferranti Thistle, and changed names. That's hardly the same as destroying another club, it was the same club just under another name, and change of location. Plenty other clubs have moved to a different stadium, and even another town. You really need to know what you're talking about before throwing such accusations about.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It seemed pretty clear from posts on here that Cowdenbeath were one of the clubs who could have been most easily swayed to voting for them in the SPFL a couple of years back. One of their posters who was connected with the club kept trying to argue in favour of it on here.

Pretty clear to closed minds like yours only - that never happened.  A balanced look at the pros and cons rather than knee jerk resistance isn’t an argument in favour.  And I can assure you CFC were firmly in the against camp 

36 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Fan of a premier league club trolling the bottom team in the top 4 leagues, embarrassing.

About as embarrassing as your tiny support rattling round in that 10k stadium, which has truly one of the worst playing surfaces in Scotland.

Not any longer, good riddance.:guinness

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You're confusing us with Airdrie Utd, who bought over another club's registration to come back from liquidation. Meadowbank up sticks and moved to Livingston, their team started playing in Livingston and changed names, same as they did when moving to Meadowbank as Ferranti Thistle, and changed names. That's hardly the same as destroying another club, it was the same club just under another name, and change of location. Plenty other clubs have moved to a different stadium, and even another town. You really need to know what you're talking about before throwing such accusations about.

No, I'm not confusing your club with Airdrie whatsoever.

No-one has yet found a Ferranti supporter who was not completely in favour of the team changing name and staying in the same city. Virtually all Meadowbank fans were vehemently against changing the name of the club and moving them to another city. Many teams have changed their name and fans still see them as the same team. For example, no-one thinks Dundee Hibernians and Dundee United aren't the same team. 

No-one thinks a team that changes their name and moves to another town are the same team. No-one thinks it is OK for the wishes of almost an entire set of fans to be completely ignored and a team franchised against their wishes. The fact you are actually in favour of clubs being moved against the wishes of their fans is bizarre.

It is staggering that as a Livingston fan with years to think up a defence of your club's origins, you can't do any better than that. I could put up a more cogent argument than that quite easily...

Just now, Brewing up a storm said:

No, I'm not confusing your club with Airdrie whatsoever.

No-one has yet found a Ferranti supporter who was not completely in favour of the team changing name and staying in the same city. Virtually all Meadowbank fans were vehemently against changing the name of the club and moving them to another city. Many teams have changed their name and fans still see them as the same team. For example, no-one thinks Dundee Hibernians and Dundee United aren't the same team. 

No-one thinks a team that changes their name and moves to another town are the same team. No-one thinks it is OK for the wishes of almost an entire set of fans to be completely ignored and a team franchised against their wishes. The fact you are actually in favour of clubs being moved against the wishes of their fans is bizarre.

It is staggering that as a Livingston fan with years to think up a defence of your club's origins, you can't do any better than that. I could put up a more cogent argument than that quite easily...

Well stop havering pish then.

The rest of your post is just havers. Try learning our history, Ferranti, to Meadowbank, to Livingston, all the same club, whether Meadowbank fans were happy about Hunter moving the club to Livingston or not, it still was the same players and club, there are Meadowbank fans supporting Livi too, that stuck with their club moving to Livingston, go tell them they're not supporting the same club. I'm not denying it wasn't popular and a lot of Meadowbank fans chucked it, but some are still here, and the club is thriving in the top flight after a lot of hard times and struggles. Complete pish saying it isn't the same club, formerly known as Meadowbank though, our history is linked to Ferranti and Meadowbank.

See the source image

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Well stop havering pish then.

The rest of your post is just havers. Try learning our history, Ferranti, to Meadowbank, to Livingston, all the same club, whether Meadowbank fans were happy about Hunter moving the club to Livingston or not, it still was the same players and club, there are Meadowbank fans supporting Livi too, that stuck with their club moving to Livingston, go tell them they're not supporting the same club. I'm not denying it wasn't popular and a lot of Meadowbank fans chucked it, but some are still here, and the club is thriving in the top flight after a lot of hard times and struggles. Complete pish saying it isn't the same club, formerly known as Meadowbank though, our history is linked to Ferranti and Meadowbank.

See the source image

Oh, I'm sorry. Because Livingston published a book saying they are the same club as Meadowbank makes it true? And because about five Thistle fans went to watch the club that makes up for the many who continually protested against it? Seriously, those are some incredibly, incredibly poor arguments...

It's like when MK Dons tried to keep hold of Wimbledon's history and everyone just thought they were weirdos.

14 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not any longer, good riddance.:guinness

Think you’ll get a thousand fans in tomorrow?  The Premier League would love to flush the turd that is Livi out the league, but it’s a stubborn one.

Won’t survive the flushing forever, and once you go down you may keep tumbling. Which would be a shame, apart from for twats like you.

1 minute ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Because Livingston published a book saying they are the same club as Meadowbank makes it true? And because about five Thistle fans went to watch the club that makes up for the many who continually protested against it? Seriously, those are some incredibly, incredibly poor arguments...

It's like when MK Dons tried to keep hold of Wimbledon's history and everyone just thought they were weirdos.

I can see you're an idiot, so carry on spouting pish.

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Think you’ll get a thousand fans in tomorrow?  The Premier League would love to flush the turd that is Livi out the league, but it’s a stubborn one.

Won’t survive the flushing forever, and once you go down you may keep tumbling. Which would be a shame, apart from for twats like you.

We've finally flushed the turd that is Cowden to f**k out of the SPFL, ta ta.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've finally flushed the turd that is Cowden to f**k out of the SPFL, ta ta.

Livingston fans with their own bizarre version of Dale Carnegie's 'How to win friends and influence people' and desperately trying to pick Internet fights with Cowden supporters.

Weird club, weird fans...

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

Fan of a premier league club trolling the bottom team in the top 4 leagues, embarrassing.

You just don’t know how satisfying it is to know that I’m that bit further away from having to see my team play league fixtures at your glorified scrapyard. Nothing would be more embarrassing for me than that. 

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

f**k me bloody Clyde fans taking the piss. Why on Earth are they that fussed about Cowden going down?

Fans don’t forget stuff…We took 800 I think to Cowdenbeath for a chance to win the league, before we won the play offs, and you bet us 2-0 and the Cowdenbeath players were giving it a proper “get it right up yi” when they scored. Maybe that ?

1 minute ago, hoobahabba said:

You just don’t know how satisfying it is to know that I’m that bit further away from having to see my team play league fixtures at your glorified scrapyard. Nothing would be more embarrassing for me than that. 

Christ almighty, two Livi fans trolling this thread in tandem, you guys would call that a supporters club.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Christ almighty, two Livi fans trolling this thread in tandem, you guys would call that a supporters club.

Probably the same person with two accounts…2Livi fans did you say😀

Edited by cowdenbeath