COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Sore one for Cowden. I guess it wouldn't be as bad if the Lowland was a decent league, but until the pyramid starts to sort itself out there is quite an unappetising stew of plastic clubs, uni teams, and bigoted B-sides to deal with in there for the next 5 years or so. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Let's be honest, Cowdenbeath and 20 others like them held on because it was a closed shop.

Now there's a partial window and the Juniors are picking them off, one by one.

Juniors are dead.

Bonnyrigg, Auchinleck etc are all senior clubs in a senior league.

2 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Enjoy playing Celtic B & Open Goal Broomhill FC.

A special up ye to Big Al.

Yous most certainly enjoyed bottom & thoroughly deserve to go down.

Hiya mate. Good luck next season.

Hopefully see stenny in a challenge cup or tunnocks cup or whatever. Come and say hiya pal.

If Bobby Barr's early effort had sneaked in off the post, Bonnyrigg may have got the jitters and we might have had a different game. As it was Cowden plugged away but created next to nothing. Rose didn't look up to much either, but in their case they didn't have to put on a performance today and saw it out quite easily.

I hope this isn't starting a trend of ex-Championship part time clubs falling out of the SPFL. As others have mentioned, the LL would be actually quite good if it had the likes of Pollok and Linlithgow rather than Uni teams and fucking OF colts.

6 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Ha ha, Cowden. You won’t be missed. 

I'm no fan of Cowden whatsoever, but, unlike your team Livingston, at least they don't exist because they destroyed another club. And at least Cowden haven't gone into administration twice to avoid paying debts to local companies...

6 minutes ago, Brewing up a storm said:

I'm no fan of Cowden whatsoever, but, unlike your team Livingston, at least they don't exist because they destroyed another club. And at least Cowden haven't gone into administration twice to avoid paying debts to local companies...

Lies.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Lies.

Feel free to explain why. Seriously, I'd be very interested...

Cowdenbeath have been stuck in the bottom of Scottish football for years and have had a shocking season, but at least their fans know their team hasn't screwed anyone over in the process.

You remind me of a poster lichtie36nilhello (I think) who used to give it the big keyboard licks, until we found out who he was and a picture of him circulated. Surprise surprise he cancelled his account and vanished, never to be heard of again as he shat his pants. 
Now you’ve had yer wee hard man moment, toddle off and do whatever chores your wife/mum tells you to do.
Its a sad day for cowden but life goes on. It’s a matter of time until you’re mob have this moment so enjoy your wee (short term) in your head victory.
Just remember this is about as good as it gets, after all your team has never won anything. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Was expecting salty but that has exceeded my expectations. Lovely stuff.

Enjoy the universities.

29 minutes ago, Brewing up a storm said:

Spot on.

Livi fans laughing at anyone have very short memories.

You get plenty salty when you swallow , gimp. 

Al, pixels on a screen shouldn't get to you as much. I had a mate who served an apprenticeship alongside you some time back and he had decent things to say about you. But your inability to just waive me off for the troll I am regarding yer team let's you down.

Enjoy the universities.

Took the game in as a neutral today. I enjoyed the match but if being honest the standard was woeful. If Barr’s early effort had gone in it might have been a different game but expected a lot more from Cowdenbeath especially given they were trailing so heavily from the 1st leg. 

I think the introduction of the pyramid has been great for Scottish football. Fully aware from a Clyde perspective that if we don’t get things right both on & off the park we could find ourselves in a similar position. 

Best of luck to both teams for next season!

Ps. The pakora from next door was incredible. 

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll take crap off Clyde supporters get you back into the city of Glasgow, until then you can beat it. You got chucked out of Shawfield because the speedway was more attractive than Clyde FC, speedway 🤣

Just like we got chucked out of Central Park in 2020 3 seconds after full time to let the hillbillies and their stock cars in? Pipe doon stupit.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I feared for the Shire when we put them down. They're still here. The Blue Brazil will continue. 

In reply to The Minertaur's points Cowdenbeath isn't the only town in Scotland to be affected by armchair followers of the Bigot Brothers (coming from a fair sized town would St Mirren be even bigger if Paisley weren't so close to Glasgow? How many buses leave Stranraer each week etc) but maybe it's especially a problem for your town. 

Fickle people like to follow a successful team so if you were to get your act together and storm the Lowland League you might pick up a following again. 

I might pop along next season just to see how you're doing.  You'll be (for a season at least) one of the few Lowland League clubs not to vote for the Colts and therefore good guys. 

Our problem at East Kilbride too and probably for every town in Scotland.

This year East Kilbride (New town) turns 75, we're playing a cup final tomorrow and I bet if you stopped a hundred people in the town they wouldn't know, it's shameful.

My uncle, born and bred in Buckie is a Celtic season ticket holder. Gie yersel a shake FFS.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

f**k me bloody Clyde fans taking the piss. Why on Earth are they that fussed about Cowden going down?

I don't think they've got anything better to do since the Polis seized Vimto's and all their laptops for obvious reasons.

Edited by ronaldincoo