COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Just not good enough, Bonnyrigg contained us easily enough, but then when we fire high balls into their giant defenders for the first half, never going to create much.

We had a great view of the penalty being up in the Stock Car hospitality viewing bit, and it looked extremely soft from where we were, judging by the reaction of the Cowden players they would agree.

Played much better last half hour, but it was done by then, probably should have got a draw. We had moved to the stand for the last 15 minutes and it looked a clear handball for our penalty appeal. The big goalie had a good save as well in the top corner.

6 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Enjoy playing in that shit stadium in Hamilton ya roaster.

And to all the other p***ks on here, hope you get yours soon.

I’d rather play in Hamilton in League One than Central Park in the Lowland League. Or any league for that matter.

Enjoy Open Goal and Edinburgh Uni next season, though. Maybe you’ll score a goal against one of them! 👋🏼

36 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Thank Christ I've got a pint just now. This is pish.

But we'll be back one day. Hopefully this is the wake up call for the town to stop following the bigot brothers and actually give a shit about their local club. If Ross stays on we have a decent manager who I trust to actually sign a decent team. Clear out the dross and rebuild.

Maybe I've had 1 too many pints 😂

Was a good Cowden support today,  about half the 2100 (I think that’s what I heard) crowd I reckon.

Steward told us Bonnyrigg had sold 650 advance tickets, must have been a good 400 walk ups as well.

For Cowden, the new stand was practically full and the old stand had a decent amount as well, plus some on the terracing.

Does that prove there is still some love for Cowden? I hope so.

I have no affection for Cowdenbeath whatsoever and this relegation has been a long time coming, but I must cast some sympathy in the direction of their fans today. That team really is outrageously bad, one of the most listless and pathetic collections of jobbers I've ever seen on a football park. The penalty they conceded today was a soft one, but to have created so little against a fairly limited and one-paced outfit in Bonnyrigg is shameful. 3-0 was obviously nigh on impossible to come back from but the lack of quality, desire and composure from Cowden today was embarrassing. I'm also unsure why Coulson - the only player other than Ompreon who looked like doing anything positive - was introduced so late. A stinking game of football all-round!

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’d rather play in Hamilton in League One than Central Park in the Lowland League. Or any league for that matter.

Enjoy Open Goal and Edinburgh Uni next season, though. Maybe you’ll score a goal against one of them! 👋🏼

I’ll take crap off Clyde supporters get you back into the city of Glasgow, until then you can beat it. You got chucked out of Shawfield because the speedway was more attractive than Clyde FC, speedway 🤣

43 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Hopefully this is the wake up call for the town to stop following the bigot brothers and actually give a shit about their local club.

Agreed. Nothing is guaranteed to excite local Old Firm fans more than the chance of seeing Cowden play Stirling University...

Went along today and stood amongst the Bonnyrigg fans. Standard of football on show was poor and fully expected Cowden to go down. Hopefully the auld fella in the Bonnyrigg end is ok. 

I have some affection for Cowdenbeath, with family connections to the town. However ...

The last time I saw them was in 1972-ish, in the old 2nd division against Forfar. The stadium was like a mini-Hampden, but had obviously seen much better days (as indeed had Hampden) and the stand in particular (with hindsight) was a Bradford City disaster waiting to happen. The football, and the attendance, were about low Highland League levels.

They've done pretty well to hold on for 50 years.

Sad to see Cowdenbeath go down, to be honest they actually looked pretty good when we played them this season. Apart from a chronic lack of goals obviously.

The real pity is that the Lowland (which could be brilliant) is turning into an absolute nonsense. Relegation from League 2 shouldn't be as big a blow as it is.

Enjoy Open Goal and Edinburgh Uni next season, though. Maybe you’ll score a goal against one of them! [emoji1366]
I'd rather play on a local astro pitch than that utter shite house cowden call a stadium.

It's been coming for Cowden the last few years now and if I'm not wrong it that now 4 out of the last 5 play offs going in favour of the non league teams now?

21 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I have some affection for Cowdenbeath, with family connections to the town. However ...

The last time I saw them was in 1972-ish, in the old 2nd division against Forfar. The stadium was like a mini-Hampden, but had obviously seen much better days (as indeed had Hampden) and the stand in particular (with hindsight) was a Bradford City disaster waiting to happen. The football, and the attendance, were about low Highland League levels.

They've done pretty well to hold on for 50 years.

Let's be honest, Cowdenbeath and 20 others like them held on because it was a closed shop.

Now there's a partial window and the Juniors are picking them off, one by one.

its sad as cowdie used to be a okay team, like when mcdoogs had both the fitba and stockies, okay the racing did subsidize the fitba... had a few saturdays when i'd watch the blue brazil, then the racing. grab scran then doss in the car at knockhill before a sunday race meeting

what was that pub on the high st, the goth or something

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’ll take crap off Clyde supporters get you back into the city of Glasgow, until then you can beat it. You got chucked out of Shawfield because the speedway was more attractive than Clyde FC, speedway 🤣

There were literal tractors interrupting the Bonnyrigg celebrations to remove oversized tyres from the perimeter of the pitch and accommodate the post-match stock cars at Central Park. Then again, the entire Cowden support seems to have departed the stadium long before then!

That was beyond pathetic. There was never any point over the 2 legs where Cowden posed any danger to Bonnyrigg. 

For me the manager made a cluster f**k of the play offs and I wouldn't be upset if he went. 

Well done Bonnyrigg Rose. Enjoy your night 🍺 🍻 🍺 

Fao Clyde fans, are your board looking to get a new long term home for the club back in Glasgow. Also what happened with the local council at Broadwood? 

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

There were literal tractors interrupting the Bonnyrigg celebrations to remove oversized tyres from the perimeter of the pitch and accommodate the post-match stock cars at Central Park. Then again, the entire Cowden support seems to have departed the stadium long before then!

Aye the head man at the stock cars was wanting us out quickly. I had to shift the dugouts in record time. Thought it was a poor show especially with Bonnyrigg wanting to celebrate.

Aye the head man at the stock cars was wanting us out quickly. I had to shift the dugouts in record time. Thought it was a poor show especially with Bonnyrigg wanting to celebrate.
Football is an inconvenience to the owners though.

Just taking a look at the lowland league, it'll be nice to see a few different grounds TBH.

38 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I have no affection for Cowdenbeath whatsoever and this relegation has been a long time coming, but I must cast some sympathy in the direction of their fans today. That team really is outrageously bad, one of the most listless and pathetic collections of jobbers I've ever seen on a football park. The penalty they conceded today was a soft one, but to have created so little against a fairly limited and one-paced outfit in Bonnyrigg is shameful. 3-0 was obviously nigh on impossible to come back from but the lack of quality, desire and composure from Cowden today was embarrassing. I'm also unsure why Coulson - the only player other than Ompreon who looked like doing anything positive - was introduced so late. A stinking game of football all-round!

You are spot on, Cowden have been woeful in both legs of the play off. I don’t think Bonnyrigg were all that good, it shows how crap we were.

Strange, because after the turn of the year we looked quite bright and have had some decent results since then.

Easily beat Stenhousemuir at Ochilview in January, same with Elgin at home in what was quite a pivotal match at the time as we were getting to them. Scored 3 at Annan, and cuffed Elgin at Borough Briggs (though it didn’t matter at that point.

The major frustrations have been a series of narrow defeats over the season against the likes of Kelty and Edinburgh City in particular, when we often played quite well. 

I think I will head offline to wallow in some self pity and Polish beer for the rest of the evening.