COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Watched those highlights and have to say that's certainly one of the most ridiculous penalty awards I can recall. Bad enough in any game but in one of this magnitude it's a disgrace. 

For the red card, the boy did seem to get a slight touch on the ball but it was a brainless decision to lunge in that way while on a booking. 

As unlikely as it now seems, I hope you can somehow turn this round on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, big al said:

It’s the same ref for the 2nd leg isn’t it?

Useless.

Same crew, really? I was right at the touching fence and said some pretty nasty, but justified, things to the shiny headed linesman.

Am I proud of myself? Well, yeah, my daughter was shouting at him as well 😀

It’s criminal that officials do not explain decisions, they get to hide behind the SFA and only ever admit mistakes on rare occasions when the old firm have been wronged.

I’m keeping my voice in good shape for Saturday.

Dean is hardly saying he wants Cowden players sent off, it’s just a generic comment about football generally. He says he wouldn’t want us to go down ordinarily as well.

I 100% want opposition players sent off too. I’d love Bonnyrigg to get a couple of red cards on Saturday. Non story. It was a deserved red regardless as well. 

Dean is hardly saying he wants Cowden players sent off, it’s just a generic comment about football generally. He says he wouldn’t want us to go down ordinarily as well.
I 100% want opposition players sent off too. I’d love Bonnyrigg to get a couple of red cards on Saturday. Non story. It was a deserved red regardless as well. 
Very much this. It wasn't Dean Brett's reaction that got Swann sent off, it was the idiotic lunge that gave the referee a decision to make and having been booked for a late challenge not long before there was only ever going to be one outcome.

8 minutes ago, Gimme said:
13 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Very much this. It wasn't Dean Brett's reaction that got Swann sent off, it was the idiotic lunge that gave the referee a decision to make and having been booked for a late challenge not long before there was only ever going to be one outcome.

Mostly Harvey Swann has himself to blame, but Dean made it look worse by clutching his shin area like he had been caught halfway up the leg, probably conning the incompetent referee into thinking it was a leg breaker.

44 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Apart from a couple of twat fans on here, and a couple of twat players, I’ve nothing particularly against Bonnyrigg Rose.

As someone pointed out upthread, it’s a typical junior football ground, nothing more, as it never had any pretensions to be anything else.

To make them share Ainslie Park would be a total comedown for them, not even on the right side of Edinburgh.

Personally, I think if they can’t find a suitable ground share in their own patch (Midlothian) they should not be allowed to be promoted. 😉

Just a rumour I heard.

22 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Mostly Harvey Swann has himself to blame, but Dean made it look worse by clutching his shin area like he had been caught halfway up the leg, probably conning the incompetent referee into thinking it was a leg breaker.

A lot of players do that.

There was actually a decent interview with Dean in the Edinburgh Evening News.

33 minutes ago, Gimme said:
39 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It was silly to go in like that on a yellow card.

43 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Indeed, what a tosser, probably even the Rose officials will be cringing at his comments.

I don’t think he really said it well but I get what he meant, more or less doing anything to help his side win.

I would be more than happy if some opposition players got sent off on Saturday 😀

Can’t believe some folk in here defending his comments. He’s admitted he play acted and that he wants opponents sent off.

It’s not La Liga, it’s semi pro in Scotland. A man’s game. 
Pathetic but a sign of the times as too many brainwashed by the cheat at all costs shite on the TV.

7 minutes ago, big al said:

Can’t believe some folk in here defending his comments. He’s admitted he play acted and that he wants opponents sent off.

Pathetic but a sign of the times as too many brainwashed by the cheat at all costs shite on the TV.

I agree, he’s gone down massively in my estimation.

I’d be happy for Bonnyrigg to get a couple of red cards on Saturday, but I don’t want our players to pretend they have their leg falling off for it to happen.

I agree, he’s gone down massively in my estimation.
I’d be happy for Bonnyrigg to get a couple of red cards on Saturday, but I don’t want our players to pretend they have their leg falling off for it to happen.

A week before the second leg of a playoff. You can bet that if someone even breathes on him he’ll be rolling over in agony. Idiot.

Amongst all my ramblings, just a plea for the programme people to print a huge amount for Saturday😉

I don’t want to buy extra copies to throw up on EBay for 3 times the price, just want the one copy to read and keep, as it’s such a damn good programme.

38 minutes ago, big al said:

I wasn’t defending him just saying he didn’t put it across well.

Players at this level arn’t media trained and just come out with things players who have been trained to speak to the media wouldn’t say.

Edited by cowdenbeath

21 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Amongst all my ramblings, just a plea for the programme people to print a huge amount for Saturday😉

I don’t want to buy extra copies to throw up on EBay for 3 times the price, just want the one copy to read and keep, as it’s such a damn good programme.

I have a feeling than any random trying to buy a big amount maybe told it’s not happening .

I was at Berwick when they went down and the most you could buy was 2 copies.