COWDENBEATH 2021-22

4 hours ago, wulliemc said:

Am I correct to say that Cowden are being housed in both stands and the terrace behind the goal?

A colleague of mine will be attending with her elderly parents - is there no seated arrangements for Bonnyrigg fans?

Don't think anyone will be bothered if they ask to go in the stand.

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

The penalty is a joke of a decision but cowden fans going all Old Firm esque ref conspiracy mongering is even worse. The standard is just shite. Simple as that.

Don't think anyone is suggesting there is a conspiracy in favour of Bonnyrigg or against us. The thing that looked suspicious was the betting before the game. We were both the same price and then late in the day (so to speak), Bonnyrigg moved to hot on shot favourites. Probably nothing in it, but we all know dodgy betting happens in the game, especially lower down the leagues. Then when you get a penalty decision like that, you start to wonder.

Maybe we were just unlucky to get an inept referee (some others have said he was as bad in other games), but without the penalty I think it would have been a lot closer. I spoke to plenty of Bonnyrigg fans and people involved and they were not too confident before the game. I have said before though, the more you end up in these play-offs, no matter how well you play (and we didn't, we played poorly on the day, although that penalty was a sucker punch), the luck will go against you eventually.

Just have to get the best line up on the pitch on Saturday and go for broke. Anything is possible. Might be unlikely, but definitely possible (even without a dodgy decision in our favour).

Someone said Bonnyrigg Boris is still suspended for Saturday. Not sure if that is definite. I was looking forward to seeing him play. Maybe we will sign him if the teams swap places!

19 minutes ago, PELE said:

Someone said Bonnyrigg Boris is still suspended for Saturday. Not sure if that is definite. I was looking forward to seeing him play. Maybe we will sign him if the teams swap places!

The Rose programme on Saturday said the large striker was suspended for 3 games.

Seems harsh, though maybe he gets his belly out a lot, I don’t know.

The Rose programme on Saturday said the large striker was suspended for 3 games.
I think it was one game for the sending off and a further 2 for accumulated bookings over the course of the season.

I look forward to viewing the game this week at the Stadio de Stock cars. 10 ft high wire mesh fence , tractor tyre and ash surround, Sounds like a real delight.
Are you able to inform us of any improvements at your esteemed arena in the last 5years?
C’mon The Rose [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]

If you are more than 3ft tall you should be OK.

5 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Highlights are very well put together.

Never a pen and a stupid player getting sent off.

I do wonder about grounds now being utilised for teams in SPFL - admittedly some are not great that are already there. However there needs to be some criteria. There seems to be a drive in tier 5 football to invest in players and not the ground and indeed we have many clubs renting - thereby being able to focus on players and not so much about facilities.

Even in HL there are huge differences in grounds; some good, some not so and some clearly about to fall down. And pitches, well again a mixed bag. Huge slops and even folds in some. I guess that what we get for being in the HL.

However back to original point what standards are there for SPFL teams?

Here’s the letter issued for season 2022-2023. A numbing read, but has most of what you want to know.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Membership Criteria Letter 2022-23.pdf

Primary requirement is a ground meeting “SF Entry Level Standard” or an approved waiver. Here’s the manual:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/8470/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2022.pdf

(page 29, 5.4 The Field has for Field Gradient, “Best Practice”…hell if I know what that means)

26 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I actually couldn't believe that the Bonnyrigg keeper came over to the Cowden fans and gave a belly wiggle. Some people are clueless. He didn't receive very much stick either which was a strange reaction.

Conspiracy theories, betting irregularities, dodgy ref, dodgier decisions, poor pitch, slope, limited seating, walled dugout impairing view, goalie wiggling his belly. Is this The Blue Brazil getting their excuses in early in order to make this weeks ref aware, and preparing a list for a likely protest when the result goes against them on Saturday.

Time to get real folks and realise that your clubs time in the SPFL only has 90 minutes of life left. You should be talking/ moaning about the demise and lack of ambition from your club, board , managers and players over many years and you will drop through the trap door this Saturday unlikely to return for a long time .

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

7 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Conspiracy theories, betting irregularities, dodgy ref, dodgier decisions, poor pitch, slope, limited seating, walled dugout impairing view, goalie wiggling his belly. Is this The Blue Brazil getting their excuses in early in order to make this weeks ref aware, and preparing a list for a likely protest when the result goes against them on Saturday.

Time to get real folks and realise that your clubs time in the SPFL only has 90 minutes of life left. You should be talking/ moaning about the demise and lack of ambition from your club, board , managers and players over many years and you will drop through the trap door this Saturday unlikely to return for a long time .

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Granted she’s gargling but not over until she sings careful ( Joey Barton might be sitting with Donald ) 

26 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

I agree with your first paragraph. No excuses we were shite on Saturday and Bonnyrigg deserved to win. 

2nd paragraph. Our club has had to face many challenges over the last 7 years and the current board stepped up when we about to suffer the same fate as Clydebank and Spartans were going to take our registration. The board has fought against the odds to keep us up. Our time in SPFL may be over soon but our board has done us proud. 

Edited by CowdenPhil

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

I actually couldn't believe that the Bonnyrigg keeper came over to the Cowden fans and gave a belly wiggle. Some people are clueless. He didn't receive very much stick either which was a strange reaction.

Yeah, the keeper hadn’t been getting any stick at all, and he started bigging it up after the 3rd. Doubt him and his big belly will see the SPFL anyway.

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Points noted, now please piss off, your attempts at a wind up are crap.

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

If you mean McGachie as the big lump he’s suspended this week.

McGachie got 3 games. 

What's the score with Gavin Morrison? Only a few weeks ago I saw him in a Brora shirt. His parents are from Lewis and he's had a whole career in the Highlands. 32 now.

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

I agree with your first paragraph. No excuses we were shite on Saturday and Bonnyrigg deserved to win. 

2nd paragraph. Our club has had to face many challenges over the last 7 years and the current board stepped up when we about to suffer the same fate as Clydebank and Spartans were going to take our registration. The board has fought against the odds to keep us up. Our time in SPFL may be over soon but our board has done us proud. 

How's Spartans' bid to get into the Scottish League going anyway... heh heh heh.... :lol:

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

How's Spartans' bid to get into the Scottish League going anyway... heh heh heh.... :lol:

I think their SPFL ambitions are a bit Hoofhearted these days. SWAMPED by the others you might say 😉

Edited by The Mantis

6 hours ago, B75 said:

To be fair it was soft, but at the end of the day he prevented connolly from getting the ball.

That would be obstruction, which is an indirect free kick.

I presume this game was 1 of your first ever encounters with football?

Are you the referee?

Edited by big al

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I look forward to viewing the game this week at the Stadio de Stock cars. 10 ft high wire mesh fence , tractor tyre and ash surround, Sounds like a real delight.

Are you able to inform us of any improvements at your esteemed arena in the last 5years?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

You will be able to see the whole pitch and therefore the whole game this week. 
And you won’t get altitude sickness if you walk around the pitch.