COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Am I correct to say that Cowden are being housed in both stands and the terrace behind the goal?

A colleague of mine will be attending with her elderly parents - is there no seated arrangements for Bonnyrigg fans?

26 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Am I correct to say that Cowden are being housed in both stands and the terrace behind the goal?

A colleague of mine will be attending with her elderly parents - is there no seated arrangements for Bonnyrigg fans?

Yeah bonnyrigg are in the south terrace and Cowdenbeath in both stands and west terrace

Edited by therewasacoo
Spelling mistake

Highlights are very well put together.

Never a pen and a stupid player getting sent off.

I do wonder about grounds now being utilised for teams in SPFL - admittedly some are not great that are already there. However there needs to be some criteria. There seems to be a drive in tier 5 football to invest in players and not the ground and indeed we have many clubs renting - thereby being able to focus on players and not so much about facilities.

Even in HL there are huge differences in grounds; some good, some not so and some clearly about to fall down. And pitches, well again a mixed bag. Huge slops and even folds in some. I guess that what we get for being in the HL.

However back to original point what standards are there for SPFL teams?

Christ that penalty looks worse on video that it didn’t in person. Mental decision. 

Re grounds. Their is an SFA criteria. Give me a ground like Bonnyrigg that’s absolutely not modern in any way but sits in the heart of the town over some generic garbage like East Fife or Dumbarton any day. It will be absolutely fine to host league 2 football and 3/400 fans a week. 

35 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Highlights are very well put together.

Never a pen and a stupid player getting sent off.

I do wonder about grounds now being utilised for teams in SPFL - admittedly some are not great that are already there. However there needs to be some criteria. There seems to be a drive in tier 5 football to invest in players and not the ground and indeed we have many clubs renting - thereby being able to focus on players and not so much about facilities.

Even in HL there are huge differences in grounds; some good, some not so and some clearly about to fall down. And pitches, well again a mixed bag. Huge slops and even folds in some. I guess that what we get for being in the HL.

However back to original point what standards are there for SPFL teams?

I agree there needs to be a drive to make Tier 5 grounds better, but what's the point when they teams may sit in the HL/LL for eternity. A chance of getting a chance of promotion isn't enough to make these teams improve facilities for me.

3 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m not usually one to be rude on forums, but you must either have problems with your sight, be on the wind up, or are an idiot. Maybe all three.

If that’s a penalty there should be 4 or 5 of them in every single game in the country, plus another dozen fouls for players seeing the ball over the line for throw ins.

To be fair it was soft, but at the end of the day he prevented connolly from getting the ball.

To be fair it was soft, but at the end of the day he prevented connolly from getting the ball.

Every corner kick would result in a penalty if that was the case. Even just standing in front of an opponent stops them getting the ball never mind all the shoving and shirt pulling. If a ref wants to give a penalty to a team all he has to do is wait for a corner, that ref wasn’t even bright enough to do that.

35 minutes ago, B75 said:

He's allowed to prevent him from getting the ball.  It's called shielding.  As long as the ball is within playing distance it's perfectly legal and as someone has pointed out already, you see it half a dozen times in every game.  Never seen a penalty given for it before.  The ref has had a shocker there.  The infringement is actually the other way as the Cowdenbeath player was pushed over.  That falls into the category of soft but any referee looking at that footage would have awarded the free kick to Cowdenbeath when the ball didn't go out of play.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Christ that penalty looks worse on video that it didn’t in person. Mental decision. 

Re grounds. Their is an SFA criteria. Give me a ground like Bonnyrigg that’s absolutely not modern in any way but sits in the heart of the town over some generic garbage like East Fife or Dumbarton any day. It will be absolutely fine to host league 2 football and 3/400 fans a week. 

The ground is pish for viewing with a crowd like Saturday, stand at the barrier or your Fucked for seeing the game,

Not seated stand with seats as well poor stuff.

poor for entry and exit as well.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Watched the highlights and what stood out for me is how most of our players are just not good enough. Stupid errors and a basic lack of ability and desire cost us on Saturday as it did in the season. 

I can see Saturday being just as bad if not worse. 

Just now, Vimto90 said:

The penalty is a joke of a decision but cowden fans going all Oold Firm esque ref conspiracy mongering is even worse. The standard is just shite. Simple as that.

Spot on assessment 👏 

38 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Every corner kick would result in a penalty if that was the case. Even just standing in front of an opponent stops them getting the ball never mind all the shoving and shirt pulling. If a ref wants to give a penalty to a team all he has to do is wait for a corner, that ref wasn’t even bright enough to do that.

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

He's allowed to prevent him from getting the ball.  It's called shielding.  As long as the ball is within playing distance it's perfectly legal and as someone has pointed out already, you see it half a dozen times in every game.  Never seen a penalty given for it before.  The ref has had a shocker there.  The infringement is actually the other way as the Cowdenbeath player was pushed over.  That falls into the category of soft but any referee looking at that footage would have awarded the free kick to Cowdenbeath when the ball didn't go out of play.

Okay maybe "prevented" was the wrong word. We still won comfortably. Enjoy your visits to Edinburgh and Stirling universities and that footballing powerhouse Open Goal Broomhill FC.

1 hour ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Still find it bizarre how many are glossing over or finding excuses for Swann's stupidity. They couldn't be two clearer yellow cards. You're a forgiving bunch

I'm fuming with Harvey.  2 utterly moronic tackles and he's badly let the club down.

Doesn't mean we can't moan about the other players.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

The ground is pish for viewing with a crowd like Saturday, stand at the barrier or your Fucked for seeing the game,

Not seated stand with seats as well poor stuff.

poor for entry and exit as well.

I look forward to viewing the game this week at the Stadio de Stock cars. 10 ft high wire mesh fence , tractor tyre and ash surround, Sounds like a real delight.

Are you able to inform us of any improvements at your esteemed arena in the last 5years?

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹