COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Really good highlights package by Bonnyrigg. 
Not sure how they can slag Cowdens crumbling stadium though. That’s a junior stadium with a massively sloped pitch. Some height difference from the diagonally opposite corner flags. 

Hope the manager keeps playing those highlights to the players

Absolutely awful. Players look disinterested and not going for the ball at the first goal.

Penalty definitely not a penalty.

Third goal easy header for Brett

Swann really like the lad but what was he thinking let folk down I am afraid

The way the most of those players went about their business in my opinion is their mind's elsewhere. Perhaps another club? Who knows

Manager for me made the wrong call in not allowing the offer of a pre match meal for the players whilst kind of them to think of their morning family commitments this was the most important game in the clubs history. Would have been good for team cohesion and focus on what's at stake for our club There will be no morning commitments when it's trips to Gretna next season.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/cowdenbeath-back-in-the-last-chance-saloon-how-maurice-ross-plans-to-escape-the-spfl-trap-door-3682623

Edited by Cowden316

Not from me Neilly. 
Swann let everyone down, amateur decision. It’s at the half way line and no danger. Never dive in like that when on a yellow. 
The ref however has had a shocker for the penalty. There’s no getting away from that. 

I’m fed up moaning about Harvey playing as a full back. Can’t tackle, can’t head the ball, can’t take a throw in to one of his own players,little positional sense. Yes he has ability and can drift past players but a full back no, just no.
The manager surely can see this. Not that it matters now.

35 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I’m fed up moaning about Harvey playing as a full back. Can’t tackle, can’t head the ball, can’t take a throw in to one of his own players,little positional sense. Yes he has ability and can drift past players but a full back no, just no.
The manager surely can see this. Not that it matters now.

He was playing as a left wing back with 3 centre half’s behind him.

7 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Hope the manager keeps playing those highlights to the players

Absolutely awful. Players look disinterested and not going for the ball at the first goal.

Penalty definitely not a penalty.

Third goal easy header for Brett

Swann really like the lad but what was he thinking let folk down I am afraid

The way the most of those players went about their business in my opinion is their mind's elsewhere. Perhaps another club? Who knows

Manager for me made the wrong call in not allowing the offer of a pre match meal for the players whilst kind of them to think of their morning family commitments this was the most important game in the clubs history. Would have been good for team cohesion and focus on what's at stake for our club There will be no morning commitments when it's trips to Gretna next season.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/cowdenbeath-back-in-the-last-chance-saloon-how-maurice-ross-plans-to-escape-the-spfl-trap-door-3682623

I don’t think not having a pre match meal would have made much difference to the score.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

I don’t think not having a pre match meal would have made much difference to the score.

Talking about team cohesion, togetherness here rather than rushing to the game.

Probably not made a difference and manager appreciating players commitments but surprised it was declined with such an important match coming up might have done the squad good

He didnt pick the correct team in my opinion and many peoples, how fit was Buchanan and Morrison for this fixture? giving they hadnt featured in a few weeks or more, if Thomson got on as sub, why wasnt he avaliable to start the game? Mullen on the bench and an experienced striker in Liam Buchanan, Coulson has being very underused also by the manager, not blaming the manager but it was a strange line up for me, watching the highlights of Livingston and Aberdeen, this referee gets the clearest of things totally wrong, , its all well and good, accepting when your outplayed but the referee had a huge impact on the game, it was shaping up to be a close game, in no football World was that a penalty, 3-0 is a huge lead, for a team not lacking in confidence over the season, i didnt think they looked that impressive, last 15 minutes of the game, was the best they played all afternoon, what formation are people hoping for at Central Park? 4-3-3 seems the only logical option, if we get beat we get beat, need to get an early goal, possibly 2 before half time, i would have Coulson. Ompreon on either side of Liam Buchanan, in midfield id have, Morrison, Barrowman and Ferguson (sorry but Miller was too slow and a bit of a passenger in 1st leg, wasnt even judging simple high balls or timing nothing well) left back, it will have to be Thomson, right back mullen, centre backs : Denham and Barr (sorry but Todd looked off the pace to me and was tackling late at times, id be dropping him as well) its a terrible time for the club, players, supporters, you name it but we are gonna have to dust ourselves off and give it one big push and show our support, just a nightmare result that tho, did anyone else drink themselves into oblivion after the game? it was either that or sleep for me but i picked the 1st lol.

I only had time to skip through the highlights, but the penalty just confirms what I saw at the time, a joke decision.

To call that as a penalty in such a high stakes game makes me think there was something more going on with that referee.

Also, agin with the sending off, we were very close to it and I though Harvey was stupid to go in like that, but Dean Brett made the absolute most of it, and the video back that up. Don’t like what Dean Brett did, it changed the course of the game, he will say he was just doing the best for his team.

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I only had time to skip through the highlights, but the penalty just confirms what I saw at the time, a joke decision.

To call that as a penalty in such a high stakes game makes me think there was something more going on with that referee.

Also, agin with the sending off, we were very close to it and I though Harvey was stupid to go in like that, but Dean Brett made the absolute most of it, and the video back that up. Don’t like what Dean Brett did, it changed the course of the game, he will say he was just doing the best for his team.

At the time I didn't think it was a penalty, having now seen the highlights I agree........

With the referee.

4 minutes ago, B75 said:

At the time I didn't think it was a penalty, having now seen the highlights I agree........

With the referee.

I’m not usually one to be rude on forums, but you must either have problems with your sight, be on the wind up, or are an idiot. Maybe all three.

If that’s a penalty there should be 4 or 5 of them in every single game in the country, plus another dozen fouls for players seeing the ball over the line for throw ins.

Just forcing myself to watch the highlights.  Robbie Buchanan summing up exactly why I can't stand seeing him in a Cowden shirt giving the ball away before Swann is sent off.   He literally gets the ball in space and just runs straight forward and over runs the ball under no pressure.  Shite.

How the f**k is that a penalty? 

Also nothing worse than a header going in at a corner passed a man standing on the post.  All 3 goals easily preventable.  

Thought was it Miller ? Was lucky not to get sent off for pulling boy back before you got a foul on keeper , Swann shouldn’t be doing that after being booked but fucking harsh sending off like but again made the ref make a decision , if that’s a penalty then stop football now please the Bonnyrigg player fouls your boy imo 

last goal just shite marking really , that big lump will be playing next week probably so different problems for you guys but go get the job done 

Just forcing myself to watch the highlights.  Robbie Buchanan summing up exactly why I can't stand seeing him in a Cowden shirt giving the ball away before Swann is sent off.   He literally gets the ball in space and just runs straight forward and over runs the ball under no pressure.  Shite.
How the f**k is that a penalty? 
Also nothing worse than a header going in at a corner passed a man standing on the post.  All 3 goals easily preventable.  

Deano was winding Harvey up right from the start but Buchanan losing the ball didn’t cause the sending off.
I do wonder about the penalty though something not right there.
Yet again we lose a goal from a set piece- a header from one of the smallest players on the park.

12 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Deano was winding Harvey up right from the start but Buchanan losing the ball didn’t cause the sending off.
Yet again we lose a goal from a set piece- a header from one of the smallest players on the park.

Oh Harvey is a moron for getting sent off.  Not going to hide away from that.  2 bad tackles that didn't need to be made.

But if Robbie could run in a straight line without hitting the ball miles ahead of him then Swann wouldn't have dived in like he did.  Robbie Buchanan is possibly the most frustrating player I've ever seen in a Cowden shirt.

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Talking about team cohesion, togetherness here rather than rushing to the game.

Probably not made a difference and manager appreciating players commitments but surprised it was declined with such an important match coming up might have done the squad good

All the players were there in plenty of time.

32 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Harvey should have know better than to let him wind him up.

37 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Thought was it Miller ? Was lucky not to get sent off for pulling boy back before you got a foul on keeper , Swann shouldn’t be doing that after being booked but fucking harsh sending off like but again made the ref make a decision , if that’s a penalty then stop football now please the Bonnyrigg player fouls your boy imo 

last goal just shite marking really , that big lump will be playing next week probably so different problems for you guys but go get the job done 

If you mean McGachie as the big lump he’s suspended this week.