COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
26 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:
Aye and a dodgy one at that! Sort of one the Old Firm would normally get.

Sort of one that no-one should ever get.

That's what I meant!

It wasn’t a penalty, if that’s a foul in the box there would be fouls at every set piece however, it all comes from Miller not being strong enough and allowing himself to get into that position. Poor play as well as poor officiating so we can’t just focus on one aspect. 

21 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Any highlights of this?

I really hope there are highlights as I would love to see why that penalty was given. Looked a scandalous decision and the fact that Miller could have been a bit stronger has no bearing on it. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Some laugh to have a Cowdenbeath fan coming away with this sort of stuff after a playoff.

I'm sure you weren't at all amused by Cove fans similarly alleging a conspiracy after the second leg in 2018, when Cowdenbeath's winner being allowed was about the most ridiculous decision you'll ever see.

That's why it is not wise to comment just after the game. Best to wait and calm down. 😟

If Bonnyrigg were far superior to us it wouldn't have been so bad, but I don't think they were (not that we were any good). The sending off didn't help us, but the penalty decision was a disaster. That's what turned the game. Another goal down from absolutely nothing. I can't wait to see the highlights to see why it was given. Then they could relax a bit and push for the 3rd or 4th and Deano duly obliged with the 3rd. I thought Deano played really well. He did get some stick at the end from a few fans, but I am guessing that they thought he was milking it when Harvey tackled him for the sending off.

15 minutes ago, ian44wood said:

Perfect guys thank you 

At the bottom right of the parking map where it says Cowdenbeath Social Work Office, there are a good number of parking spaces there as well and you just walk down the high street. There is also some parking next to Morrison's and of course their own car park as you come into the town from the A92. At the other end of the high street there is B&M and Lidl with a large car park. Not sure how fussy Morrison's, B&M and Lidl are about non shoppers using their car park though. We don't usually get busy enough for anyone to need to use them 🙂

4 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Similarly, it's handy Cowden coming down as our league is a complete fucking shambles (something for you all to look forward to!) and it's a glorious away day.

If we do go down, I will look forward to returning to Shielfield Park. I would much rather it was for a League 2 match though.

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The West terracing after all the years of supporting Cowden and such an important game. Poor show.

They could have just done the same as Bonnyrigg and suggested that their fans congregate in a specific area*. I don't think there will be any trouble. The Bonnyrigg fans seem like a decent bunch.

* That area might be the whole ground though! They might bring half the town through expecting a promotion party. Better get in early just in case 🙂

5 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well it just as well it wasn’t Fraserburgh that you had to visit for the play off with the wind and the slope at their ground.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

You have to admit its some slope especially at the home end, closest I ever seen to that was the dip at the corner at Thornton. Not that the pitch made any difference to the score.

7 minutes ago, PELE said:

They could have just done the same as Bonnyrigg and suggested that their fans congregate in a specific area*. I don't think there will be any trouble. The Bonnyrigg fans seem like a decent bunch.

* That area might be the whole ground though! They might bring half the town through expecting a promotion party. Better get in early just in case 🙂

I imagine it'll be soft segregation rather than enforced but who wants to go and mingle with happy fans enjoying the occasion.

Leave me in peace to suffer in misery.

30 minutes ago, PELE said:

Predicting a mini invasion of Fife on Saturday. Hopefully your toilet facilities have improved since my last visit a couple of years ago.