COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

Their both terrible in their own right.

I don’t really think you can say one is worse than the other both are bad.

Miles worse for me mate. 
Anyway no point getting into old news. 
Cant believe how pish the team was yesterday. 

Just now, big al said:

Miles worse for me mate. 
Anyway no point getting into old news. 
Cant believe how pish the team was yesterday. 

I wouldn’t want any woman or girl to have to through either.

As you say old news. 

Aye we were pish after the sending off.

I know it's still off topic but if anyone is in any doubt of the seriousness of Goodwillie's situation, I suggest you read the full court transcript, if you can get through the whole thing.

The man is an abhorrent scumbag and deserves to be nowhere near a football team.

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

I know it's still off topic but if anyone is in any doubt of the seriousness of Goodwillie's situation, I suggest you read the full court transcript, if you can get through the whole thing.

The man is an abhorrent scumbag and deserves to be nowhere near a football team.

I’ve read it terrible.

C’mon Cowden I’m still rooting for you. 3rd goal was a bit of killer tbh. You’ve got to get the first goal and put a bit of doubt into their minds and of course keep the back door shut. Easier said than done.

20 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It was a bit better think it would have been a different score 11 v 11.

Are you coming over on Saturday?

It was my intention to yeah, the third goal maybe killed it though. Haddington get awarded the trophy the same day. 

C’mon Cowden I’m still rooting for you. 3rd goal was a bit of killer tbh. You’ve got to get the first goal and put a bit of doubt into their minds and of course keep the back door shut. Easier said than done.

Aye, a header from just about the smallest player on the park and an exCowden player as well.

Thought the booing and general abuse of Dean Brett was extremely classless from a small minority - I’d imagine it wasn’t regular fans.

He did wrong, was punished and moved on. No one should have any ill feeling to the guy any more. Us being shite doesn’t mean we need to start that shite.

I love giving ex players a bit of friendly stick but that wasn’t needed IMO. 

Berwick are going at it hard next season to win the league it looks, few impressive signings lined up.
Thomson is away to EK so we can all drop the conversation around him. He looks completely disinterested warming up yesterday anyway. 

Is that why he didn’t start?

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We are a completely different animal to what we were 6/7 years ago off the park. It’s a completely different club. I cannot see us being back in L2 for a very long time and only if absolutely everything goes tits up. 1200 season tickets sold this season. That’ll drop yeah but there’s genuinely about 4/5/600 school kids at our games now. Every single one kitted out in AFC gear and majority will be fans for life. 

Montrose have made big strides in their off the park stuff too

Really impresive with what you guys have done and genuinely hope you go one step further via the play offs, a lot I suspect could be learned. Also credit to Montrose I have been watching for some time their progression and set up equally hope they can progress and won't be surprised to see them in the Championship soon..

Edited by Blue Oktober

1510648729_heaveawa.jpg.3a8f28bf7be2df175c37024dea0af34a.jpg

In the 19th Century an Edinburgh building collapsed and when rescuers arrived they found a boy in the rubble who famously said "heave awa' chaps, I'm no deid yet". This is commemorated in the carving above. 

Given the Airdrie-Montrose game yesterday it can be said "Heave awa' Cowden, you're no deid yet". This is what I found odd about the Dumbarton v City game yesterday. Instead of giving City a right good go the Sons played fairly cautiously and you got the feeling they were resigned to their fate. That was good for us but if I was a Sons fan I'd be seething. 

When we were East of Scotland League we played Whitehill and Spartans when they were both managed by Mike Lawson. Those teams had a spirit that you could never be sure that they wouldn't pop in a 90th minute equaliser and then a 91st minute winner. They just kept going at you. That's what Cowden will need - get an early goal at Central Park and you never know.. 

42 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Thought the booing and general abuse of Dean Brett was extremely classless from a small minority - I’d imagine it wasn’t regular fans.

He did wrong, was punished and moved on. No one should have any ill feeling to the guy any more. Us being shite doesn’t mean we need to start that shite.

I love giving ex players a bit of friendly stick but that wasn’t needed IMO. 

I can understand him getting a slagging after Harvey got sent off as he was involved in the incident. Apart from that he is just another player who played for us no more no less.

The booing happens all the time at all clubs when old players play against them.