COWDENBEATH 2021-22

13 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Remember Stirling !

Aye very true!

Going back further when I was a boy we were 3-0 down to a Clyde side which contained Steve Archibald and won 4-3.

it’s an uphill battle but if we could get an early goal strange things could happen.

We have defied the odds over the years - the wins at Hamilton and Dunfermline the most prominent when we weren’t expected to win.

A 3 goal win would take it to penalties and the lottery of a penalty shoot out.

10 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:
Pretty much this, every P/T team could fall out the leagues, F/T teams are unlikely unless it’s an administration and even then it’s probably unlikely. Doped teams never last as the money eventually dries up.  

Not sure if it was coincidence or not but whilst waiting for the bus back into the city centre after the game two vehicles went past me, some sort of jeep thing with Reg KE--LTY and a Bentley with the reg K3--LTY. -- replacing actual numbers.

Dean McKenzie was in the Cowden end one of them would have been his.

Any post match statement available yet from the manager?

Would be good if there is a statement of some shape or form or from club  ahead of the clubs biggest game in history acknowledging what's at stake, encouraging a fantastic turnout on Saturday and manager acknowledging the unacceptable performance yesterday and what went wrong.

Personally I think I know what went wrong overly confident going into the tie, wrong team selection, challenges out with our control ie the penalty. Also the sending off obviously didn't help either.

Time to dust down and hopefully the players have the character, desire, hunger to keep our SPFL status alive as if they don't we could one day find ourselves in a new relegation battle as the Lowland League gets stronger by looking down to the East of Scotland League

Good luck for next week guys, I have some great memories of playing you up at Central Park.

I know it's a big ask to overturn the defecit but all you can do is believe and hope your team goes out there and plays the game of thier lives.

All the best from a Clyde supporter.

3 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
8 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Hilarious, aye. I was going to drive over to Bonnyrigg today to give Cowden my support (I'm a Raith supporter) but found too late that it was all ticket with none available on the day or at the gate. I plan on doing the same next Saturday so thought I'd check. Some laugh, eh?

Good for you. Enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It’s quite handy getting relegated as now I’ve got Kelty, Alloa, Falkirk and Pars nearby.

Similarly, it's handy Cowden coming down as our league is a complete fucking shambles (something for you all to look forward to!) and it's a glorious away day.

18 hours ago, PELE said:

Bonnyrigg deserved the win, but that was the most scandalous refereeing I have ever seen. Not a sending off and the penalty was beyond belief. Miller shielding the ball out almost on the line and the Bonnyrigg player pushes into him from the back and they both fall down. Ref blows his whistle and you think it is a Goal kick, or maybe at a push a free kick to us. No, the ref gives Bonnyrigg a penalty! Astonishing. The ref must have been the one who lumped on Bonnyrigg when their odds crashed last night.

16 hours ago, PELE said:

Good on you for berating the cheating ref.

16 hours ago, PELE said:

Yeah. It was definitely over the line (it was also over the line at Annan as well) No it was never a penalty in million years. Scandalous decision. Worst refereeing I have ever seen.  How on earth was that a penalty? Never sending off either. Harvey won the ball. 

Not into conspiracy theories, but that was atrocious refereeing today. Referee was a useless cretin and that's being nice.  Bonnyrigg deserved the win, but 1-0 was more realistic. Not sour grapes, but Bonnyrigg are relegation material if they make it up.

16 hours ago, PELE said:

Yeah. I thought you were going to headbutt the cretin. He was an utter disgrace. Handed the game to Bonnyrigg.

Some laugh to have a Cowdenbeath fan coming away with this sort of stuff after a playoff.

I'm sure you weren't at all amused by Cove fans similarly alleging a conspiracy after the second leg in 2018, when Cowdenbeath's winner being allowed was about the most ridiculous decision you'll ever see.

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

There hasn’t been a post match interview with the manager for a good few weeks now but would like to see one for yesterdays game

I really hope yous can pull it off in the return, assuming you get an honest referee.

BTW that's a great, "there was a coo!

The full rhyme is unfortunately maybe a bit prophetic - it goes something like

THERE WAS A COO ON YONDER HILL

IT'S NO THERE NOO  😄

Let's hope it is...

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thomson done his time for his crime and had played for 4 or 5 clubs before he joined us.

Your mob signed Badcock just months after his court case in a desperate attempt to stay up.

To be fair , Thomson’s scenario was a fair bit worse 

50 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Similarly, it's handy Cowden coming down as our league is a complete fucking shambles (something for you all to look forward to!) and it's a glorious away day.

Berwick are going at it hard next season to win the league it looks, few impressive signings lined up.

Thomson is away to EK so we can all drop the conversation around him. He looks completely disinterested warming up yesterday anyway.