COWDENBEATH 2021-22

This has been decades in the making. The town of Cowdenbeath doesn’t care about the football club bearing its name. The general football supporting population are more interested in Rangers or Celtic. No matter how the board tried they were up against it.

Here we are. Times up.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

The worst thing about today isn't the result but all the RELEGATION LOL banter from shitey wee virgin trolls.

Sorry. Relegations the worst thing.

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Just shows how far we have fallen playing Rangers Hibs Hearts same league and now likely vs Edinburgh and Stirling Uni, Dalbeattie and Gala. Not quite the same appeal is it. Not for me anyway

I said it a couple of years back and was laughed at by saying if we don't improve and move forward as a football club Kelty Heart's who were in East of Scotland League at the time will be our biggest threat due to their ambitions and set up. 

Kelty vs Dunfermline Or Falkirk next season or a cold winter and rainy day at Cowdenbeath vs Gala is a scary and likely prospect next season and is why the players and management must bust a gut on Saturday

Obviously our loyal support will stay but try attracting new fans when you have a decent set up 2 miles away. Annoying sadly and very frustrating but reality

You've had three goes at this play off malarkey.

Only a matter of time before someone takes you out.

In your heart of hearts you must have known this.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

You've had three goes at this play off malarkey.

Only a matter of time before someone takes you out.

In your heart of hearts you must have known this.

Indeed. We can only hope for a 4 goal swing on Saturday. 

it’s the hope that gets u eh?

So very sad to see the score coming in today. Our demise has been coming for a while now. I’d planned on coming next Saturday but  I just can’t face it to be honest. The town of Cowdenbeath just don’t deserve a team, even in the bottom league . I have some amazing memories of league wins and days in the championship, beating teams well above our level. For me, it’s time to let go. My Dad who supported Cowden and first took me to games  is gone, my brother who came with us to games is gone and for me Cowden is gone from meaningful league football. . Thanks so very much for the memories.  Billy Steele , Sumo, Craig Leveine ( now a dick ) , Armand One, The three paatelainenen’s,  Helicopter dreams, Colin Cameron. We survived extinction, we thrashed the townies to stay up. So many happy and sad memories. Time to let go but thanks for everything and thanks to our great board and to Donald Findlay. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

Always sad to see. I feel nothing but sympathy for your loyal fans, but I believe the system we have in place is about right. You finish bottom of the division and still have a play-off to save yourselves. Unfortunately, if you cannot win the tie, you don't deserve your status as an SPFL club.

It's not over yet. Airdrieonians cam back from being 3-0 down on aggregate. I just cannot see it in your case.

11 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Similar to our last day defeat at Alloa. Wrong team selection(player of the year not considered worth a place Robbie Buchanan why?) No discernible tactics, poor refereeing decisions lack of fight from some players. Better effort in the second half with ten men, but Harvey should have been subbed after his first  yellow. Bonnyrigg are not all that great but don't look like the kind of team that will blow a three goal lead.

Cliche about "it's only half time", but it would be some comeback to overturn that defecit.

Is it likely? Early goal and game on?

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Cliche about "it's only half time", but it would be some comeback to overturn that defecit.

Not likely. Not likely at all. 

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

As a collective we have no character and very limited ability within the squad. Throw in plenty of stupid individual errors - hopefully this answers your question.

It's the reason we had a decent end to the season. We were doomed, nothing to play for in those games. The minute the heat is on such as yesterday we crumbled in spectacular style.

A bunch of shitebags.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

As a collective we have no character and very limited ability within the squad. Throw in plenty of stupid individual errors - hopefully this answers your question.

It's the reason we had a decent end to the season. We were doomed, nothing to play for in those games. The minute the heat is on such as yesterday we crumbled in spectacular style.

A bunch of shitebags.

I hadn't thought of it that way.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Hilarious, aye. I was going to drive over to Bonnyrigg today to give Cowden my support (I'm a Raith supporter) but found too late that it was all ticket with none available on the day or at the gate. I plan on doing the same next Saturday so thought I'd check. Some laugh, eh?

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Hilarious, aye. I was going to drive over to Bonnyrigg today to give Cowden my support (I'm a Raith supporter) but found too late that it was all ticket with none available on the day or at the gate. I plan on doing the same next Saturday so thought I'd check. Some laugh, eh?

You can but in advance or pay at the gate so you will be fine either way. The capacity must be roughly double at central compared to Bonnyrigg so no issues.

5 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

So very sad to see the score coming in today. Our demise has been coming for a while now. I’d planned on coming next Saturday but  I just can’t face it to be honest. The town of Cowdenbeath just don’t deserve a team, even in the bottom league . I have some amazing memories of league wins and days in the championship, beating teams well above our level. For me, it’s time to let go. My Dad who supported Cowden and first took me to games  is gone, my brother who came with us to games is gone and for me Cowden is gone from meaningful league football. . Thanks so very much for the memories.  Billy Steele , Sumo, Craig Leveine ( now a dick ) , Armand One, The three paatelainenen’s,  Helicopter dreams, Colin Cameron. We survived extinction, we thrashed the townies to stay up. So many happy and sad memories. Time to let go but thanks for everything and thanks to our great board and to Donald Findlay. 

I hope as the week goes on you might change your mind, and feel like making the game.

I was feeling really down for the first part of the evening, but as it wore on, I don’t know why, started looking forward to Saturday for some strange reason.

Maybe we can regain just a little pride on the day, I don’t know, but will be there.

I hope as the week goes on you might change your mind, and feel like making the game.
I was feeling really down for the first part of the evening, but as it wore on, I don’t know why, started looking forward to Saturday for some strange reason.
Maybe we can regain just a little pride on the day, I don’t know, but will be there.

Remember Stirling !

10 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

I'm not sure devotees of [checks notes] Craig Thomson's employers can talk too much about other clubs "stooping low" when it comes to player recruitment.

Thomson done his time for his crime and had played for 4 or 5 clubs before he joined us.

Your mob signed Badcock just months after his court case in a desperate attempt to stay up.