COWDENBEATH 2021-22

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It's been coming for a few years now and a matter of time really but when the dust settles does it really matter that much? The sun will come up in the morning and you will still follow your football team next season no matter what league they play in.

The results on the park for me are only a small part of following diddy clubs like ours. You'll never lose that buzz of going to the football with your mates on a Saturday win, lose or draw.

You'll win a lot more games next season and with Bonnyrigg out the way you will have a good chance of competing for top spot under Ross and will have the return of the best away day in Scottish football at Berwick. It's really not all that bad.

We'll all have our shot at one point or another. I wish you all the best.

Respect neily always liked you.

41 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Will the return at CP be a ticketed affair, or PATG?

Almost certainly pay at the gate. Probably be half of Bonnyrigg there.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Utterly devestating result. Probably the lowest I've felt supporting us watching the goals come in on Twitter.

We'll be the first team to go down and come back up. That's what I'm telling myself.

What with moneybags Darvel in the LL 😏

57 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Lost for words, all ifs and buts

Was it over the line
Was it a penalty
Was it a sending off

Those 3 decisions if wrong have had a massive impact on the final score.

Yeah. It was definitely over the line (it was also over the line at Annan as well) No it was never a penalty in million years. Scandalous decision. Worst refereeing I have ever seen.  How on earth was that a penalty? Never sending off either. Harvey won the ball. 

Not into conspiracy theories, but that was atrocious refereeing today. Referee was a useless cretin and that's being nice.  Bonnyrigg deserved the win, but 1-0 was more realistic. Not sour grapes, but Bonnyrigg are relegation material if they make it up.

16 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

I assume u meant moi ...lol.

Yeah. I thought you were going to headbutt the cretin. He was an utter disgrace. Handed the game to Bonnyrigg.

Edited by PELE

Anyone know why our two best full backs were on the bench. Sending off very harsh, but Harvey wasn’t having a good game.
Felt sorry for Sammy, no support every time he got near the ball he was surrounded by three players.
The best team did win though, can’t argue with that even with the poor ref.

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

To be fair, Cowdenbeath have had 3 really bad seasons. Time to go.

Aye spread over 5 years we had 2 decent ones in between.

But it’s all about this season and we were poor for the most part.

For Cowden that should have been a survival battle, except there was no fight. No passion, heart, dig or will to win. Just a bunch of pussies (mostly with couple of exceptions).

No sour grapes, Bonnyrigg deserve their place in the league at Cowdens expense. Cowden have now got what they deserve.

2 or 3 team selection decisions very poor. Ross is too cocky and full of talk, but hasn’t come through with right decisions when it mattered. Far too negative, that was a game that had to be won, not just try and stay in it as much as they can.

Harvey Swann allowing the ref an opportunity to send him off after a booking in the 1st half of a big game at the half way line is criminal and amateur. He has really let everyone down with his stupidity.

The penalty is 1 of the worst decisions I have seen. When he blew the whistle I thought that’s unnecessary to give us a foul, just play on with the bye kick. 

After that the shows over as there’s no way this mob has it in them to come back from 2-0 down to a competent but nothing special Bonnyrigg.

Sammy upfront and Barr at the back, and probably the goalie get pass marks. The rest, probably didn’t even need a shower.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone know why our two best full backs were on the bench. Sending off very harsh, but Harvey wasn’t having a good game.
Felt sorry for Sammy, no support every time he got near the ball he was surrounded by three players.
The best team did win though, can’t argue with that even with the poor ref.

Baffling and why Buchs wasn't playing with his experience for this tie

10 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone know why our two best full backs were on the bench. 

Not big enough.

And if there were any free kicks the plan was to have nobody on the pitch capable of delivering a decent ball or shot.

47 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Let's hope we have the same fight and desire when we were written off when folk said wait until we get you on the big park at East End

If we can replicate that performance and result that will take us to penalties. Let us dream but never say never

Feel really let down by the players and management tonight.

Fans doing their bit support, donations but sadly not being replicated on the park

Too confident going into this tie in my opinion and it's severely backfired

Well done to Bonnyrigg for their hunger and desire although penalty decision extremely questionable but does not take away of how poorly we performed

It's now very much real to stand up and be counted for the benefit of Cowdenbeath FC and the town as although I am extremely fond of the club and the town right now after watching that standard of football I have no appetite to watch Lowland League football with the continued pleas for funds as we have been doing that and look where that's got us today. We are not moving forward as a club on the park despite positive initiatives off the park

My question to the players and management do you want to have on your CV taking a football club out of the spfl for the first time in their 130 odd year history if not finish the job next Saturday

That win at EEP was the start of the rot.

Probably one of the worst decisions in our history was keeping Jimmy Nichol.

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Not big enough.

And if there were any free kicks the plan was to have nobody on the pitch capable of delivering a decent ball or shot.

That was his plan vs Kelty with Carty and Dunn playing. Didn't work then either until changes were made.

Thinking deserves a result like this!

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
14 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:
Ticket details are up. Bollocks, we are giving them the South terracing, where I stand almost every game. emoji2955.png
http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=3161

Season tickets valid, but having to stand in the west terracing is a disgrace.

Doubt anyone would go to the west terrace.

Suppose given the result it makes sense to make season tickets valid.