COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

We actually had a decent crowd there as a lot of our fans from Edinburgh and the Lothians just got them direct from Bonnyrigg.

Yeah, the support today was probably not far off what Cowden’s average home support is at Central Park each game, so in those terms it wasn’t too bad.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Lost for words, all ifs and buts

Was it over the line
Was it a penalty
Was it a sending off

Those 3 decisions if wrong have had a massive impact on the final score.

Yes it was over the line. Probably wasn’t a penalty but Miller was too weak as usual. It was a pretty harsh sending off. 

13 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Lost for words, all ifs and buts

Was it over the line
Was it a penalty
Was it a sending off

Those 3 decisions if wrong have had a massive impact on the final score.

-The linesman didn’t signal goal which made me think it wasn’t, but on the other hand Cammy didn’t seem to protest too much.

-Never

-Even after being booked Harvey was charging about, he was getting into it with Brett, was accident waiting to happen. We were right at the front literally ten yards away and could hear that he made contact with the ball, but in the circumstances it was a stupid challenge and seemed like he was inviting it.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Utterly devestating result. Probably the lowest I've felt supporting us watching the goals come in on Twitter.
We'll be the first team to go down and come back up. That's what I'm telling myself.
The difficulty is no team has yet to do so. All of them has pretty much crashed and burned into mid table insignificance.

5 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Wait we started Robbie Buchanan? 

Jesus wept why the hell did we change the team just to bring him back in? 

I’m not sure if he touched the ball, struggling to recall when. Barrowman and Sammy were at least industrious.

2 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I’m not sure if he touched the ball, struggling to recall when. Barrowman and Sammy were at least industrious.

He did. A heavy touch after finding himself in acres of space in the middle of the park which gave Bonnyrigg possession.

Was a bit disappointed in Mr Brett for the sending off too. Rolling around as though he'd been shot. Not saying he owes the club anything but our support went above and beyond to help him out in a terrible time. Short memory it would appear. 

1 minute ago, CowdenLoyal said:

He did. A heavy touch after finding himself in acres of space in the middle of the park which gave Bonnyrigg possession.

Was a bit disappointed in Mr Brett for the sending off too. Rolling around as though he'd been shot. Not saying he owes the club anything but our support went above and beyond to help him out in a terrible time. Short memory it would appear. 

To be fair, it was Robbie's direct run and pass that set Sammy free for his shot that went narrowly past.

2 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Yeah, he did that after a clash in the middle of the pitch, rolling about but up as soon he got what he wanted. 

He was behaving like a twat towards the fans, as were quite a few of the Bonnyrigg players. The fat goalie was giving it plenty at the third, when I don’t recall him getting any stick up to that point.

1 hour ago, CowdenLoyal said:

We can all say what we want about that performance from the referee today but the bottom line is that we are gutless, spineless and feeble with absolutely no character, along with having some players who are just useless. Pathetic. Pathetic on multiple levels from the top to bottom. A BOD who have backed a manager who, by all accounts possessed a pretty decent resume but somehow made a rip roaring c**t of it today. Shocking team selection and dreadful tactics.

We're fucked, the tie is as good as over. Sammy and Barrowman the only two players worthy of wearing the shirt today based on endeavour alone.

Well played Bonnyrigg.

It does look all but over. I'm very sorry. Not a result I welcome.

It's been coming for a few years now and a matter of time really but when the dust settles does it really matter that much? The sun will come up in the morning and you will still follow your football team next season no matter what league they play in.

The results on the park for me are only a small part of following diddy clubs like ours. You'll never lose that buzz of going to the football with your mates on a Saturday win, lose or draw.

You'll win a lot more games next season and with Bonnyrigg out the way you will have a good chance of competing for top spot under Ross and will have the return of the best away day in Scottish football at Berwick. It's really not all that bad.

We'll all have our shot at one point or another. I wish you all the best.

Let's hope we have the same fight and desire when we were written off when folk said wait until we get you on the big park at East End

If we can replicate that performance and result that will take us to penalties. Let us dream but never say never

Feel really let down by the players and management tonight.

Fans doing their bit support, donations but sadly not being replicated on the park

Too confident going into this tie in my opinion and it's severely backfired

Well done to Bonnyrigg for their hunger and desire although penalty decision extremely questionable but does not take away of how poorly we performed

It's now very much real to stand up and be counted for the benefit of Cowdenbeath FC and the town as although I am extremely fond of the club and the town right now after watching that standard of football I have no appetite to watch Lowland League football with the continued pleas for funds as we have been doing that and look where that's got us today. We are not moving forward as a club on the park despite positive initiatives off the park

My question to the players and management do you want to have on your CV taking a football club out of the spfl for the first time in their 130 odd year history if not finish the job next Saturday

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Similar to our last day defeat at Alloa. Wrong team selection(player of the year not considered worth a place Robbie Buchanan why?) No discernible tactics, poor refereeing decisions lack of fight from some players. Better effort in the second half with ten men, but Harvey should have been subbed after his first  yellow. Bonnyrigg are not all that great but don't look like the kind of team that will blow a three goal lead.

Robbie Buchanan is absolutely gash! How he got player of the year is more bizarre than the refereeing today.

Edited by PELE

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

It's been coming for a few years now and a matter of time really but when the dust settles does it really matter that much? The sun will come up in the morning and you will still follow your football team next season no matter what league they play in.

The results on the park for me are only a small part of following diddy clubs like ours. You'll never lose that buzz of going to the football with your mates on a Saturday win, lose or draw.

You'll win a lot more games next season and with Bonnyrigg out the way you will have a good chance of competing for top spot under Ross and will have the return of the best away day in Scottish football at Berwick. It's really not all that bad.

We'll all have our shot at one point or another. I wish you all the best.

Good on you for berating the cheating ref.