COWDENBEATH 2021-22

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bit early to write the obituaries but talk of handing unsold tickets back to Bonnyrigg was a bit of an eyeopener on how much people in Cowdenbeath even care at this point about having a league team.

Issue nailed. 

Bonnyrigg deserved the win, but that was the most scandalous refereeing I have ever seen. Not a sending off and the penalty was beyond belief. Miller shielding the ball out almost on the line and the Bonnyrigg player pushes into him from the back and they both fall down. Ref blows his whistle and you think it is a Goal kick, or maybe at a push a free kick to us. No, the ref gives Bonnyrigg a penalty! Astonishing. The ref must have been the one who lumped on Bonnyrigg when their odds crashed last night.

We can all say what we want about that performance from the referee today but the bottom line is that we are gutless, spineless and feeble with absolutely no character, along with having some players who are just useless. Pathetic. Pathetic on multiple levels from the top to bottom. A BOD who have backed a manager who, by all accounts possessed a pretty decent resume but somehow made a rip roaring c**t of it today. Shocking team selection and dreadful tactics.

We're fucked, the tie is as good as over. Sammy and Barrowman the only two players worthy of wearing the shirt today based on endeavour alone.

Well played Bonnyrigg.

Utterly devestating result. Probably the lowest I've felt supporting us watching the goals come in on Twitter.

We'll be the first team to go down and come back up. That's what I'm telling myself.

30 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

...We'll be the first team to go down and come back up. That's what I'm telling myself.

If/when Darvel make it into the LL, they are almost certainly going to be the next Kelty in terms of a financially doped rise through the divisions.

Similar to our last day defeat at Alloa. Wrong team selection(player of the year not considered worth a place Robbie Buchanan why?) No discernible tactics, poor refereeing decisions lack of fight from some players. Better effort in the second half with ten men, but Harvey should have been subbed after his first  yellow. Bonnyrigg are not all that great but don't look like the kind of team that will blow a three goal lead.

39 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

We can all say what we want about that performance from the referee today but the bottom line is that we are gutless, spineless and feeble with absolutely no character, along with having some players who are just useless. Pathetic. Pathetic on multiple levels from the top to bottom. A BOD who have backed a manager who, by all accounts possessed a pretty decent resume but somehow made a rip roaring c**t of it today. Shocking team selection and dreadful tactics.

We're fucked, the tie is as good as over. Sammy and Barrowman the only two players worthy of wearing the shirt today based on endeavour alone.

Well played Bonnyrigg.

This is spot on other than the Barrowman comment, an absolute nothing player. Like the majority of the team.

Ross got it wrong big time. Got all we deserved. All that experience on the bench and we churned out garbage.  

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Bit early to write the obituaries but talk of handing unsold tickets back to Bonnyrigg was a bit of an eyeopener on how much people in Cowdenbeath even care at this point about having a league team.

We actually had a decent crowd there as a lot of our fans from Edinburgh and the Lothians just got them direct from Bonnyrigg.