COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Andrew Barrowmans stunner up at Elgin comes 3rd in the April goal of the month contest.

Celtic passing the ball round a piss poor St Johnstone team and some shoddy Hearts defending come ahead of it.

3 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Being awhile since i made comments but normally reading everybodys when i get the time, hows all the Cowden fans feeling today and about the game tommorow? is Morrison injured or just being rested for the play offs? i do agree with Bonnyrigg not being as big a threat as Cove was on paper but thats not how games go, I definitely am quite worried still and wont be an easy sleep tonight lol, gonna be backing the team away and at home, massive game with a lot on the line, lets get out and support the boys, come on Cowden!

Not sure where Morrison or Robbie Buchanan have been for last 3 weeks. Carty also missing last week.

I was nervous when playing East Kilbride, but strangely didn't feel any nerves when we played Cove, even when we went 2-1 down.

After finally seeing us win a league title when we beat Elgin in 2006 and surviving 2 play-offs I think I am almost at the point where I don't worry anymore. Whatever happens will happen as they say, no point worrying about it if you can't do anything to change it.

I am not sure how it will go tomorrow. I can picture Bonnyrigg winning by a few goals (or even more if certain players lose the plot), but I also wouldn't be surprised if we won by 2 or 3. I wonder if we will go all out for a win if it looks like it is going our way, or if we will be happy to hold back and settle for a draw and rue not attacking more. If we are clinical with our chances, then we will do ok I think.

I see Bonnyrigg are the hot favourites with the bookies for tomorrow.

First leg against Cove was hell to be fair, they had quite a few chances, hope Bonnyrigg encounter similar problems infront of goal lol, Cove were really poor in 2nd half at Central Park and we just took control and got what he deserved, what a day that was, yeah paddy power got Bonnyrigg odds on, hope we can upset a few coupons and yeah lot of rules to get into this game, cant park there, cant stand there, cant enter this way, cant bring your dog or the dog will be rejected lol made me laugh that one, dogs refused cause of the nature of the fixture. 

Edited by SuperCowden

Are their any weak links in Bonnyrigg's game people may have noticed? they do seem quite a physical team, seem to have some talented players in the middle of the park, Lee Currie and Turner i know are pretty good players, probably the ones im most wary of but honestly not seen a lot of Bonnyrigg's games, gonna be strange to see Dean Brett playing against us. 

Edited by SuperCowden

41 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes. Pity there isn’t more info on parking other than where you can’t park.

I think it was on one of the other threads that I said I was going to park in the car park at the high school, which is a 10 minute walk, 15 most.

There is a large car park, which is not gated, so I don’t think there will be any issues there, somebody who I assume was local replied and thought that was fine.

I think it was on one of the other threads that I said I was going to park in the car park at the high school, which is a 10 minute walk, 15 most.
There is a large car park, which is not gated, so I don’t think there will be any issues there, somebody who I assume was local replied and thought that was fine.

Thanks, hope I can find it!

50 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:yeah lot of rules to get into this game, cant park there, cant stand there, cant enter this way, cant bring your dog or the dog will be rejected lol made me laugh that one, dogs refused cause of the nature of the fixture. 

To be fair to Bonnyrigg, the ground is really compact and they are just trying to make the best of it I suppose, as they know roughly how many Cowden fans will be  there (unless hundreds bought from Bonnyrigg 😁).

Looks like we have the different grass banking from what Fraserburgh had (that is, the other side of the dug outs), think it is slightly smaller which maybe reflects less away fans than that game.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Thanks, hope I can find it!

It’s pretty easy, it you are coming from the centre of Bonnyrigg along the high street look for a Tesco Express and turn right there.

The school is huge and the road kind of forks in two at the Tesco Express, take the right hand road, and the entrance to the car park is off to the left a little bit down that road.

3 minutes ago, Harry Haddock said:

The ground is a disgrace. No seating and a bit of rain turns the pitch into a quagmire.Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers fans will feel right at home.

Wishing Cowdenbeath all the best.

It’s a tidy wee ground for the level Bonnyrigg play at, but not sure about if they go up. Don’t think there will be any quagmire issues tomorrow mind.

Still, at least they have their own ground, eh. 🤔

31 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

To be fair to Bonnyrigg, the ground is really compact and they are just trying to make the best of it I suppose, as they know roughly how many Cowden fans will be  there (unless hundreds bought from Bonnyrigg 😁).

Looks like we have the different grass banking from what Fraserburgh had (that is, the other side of the dug outs), think it is slightly smaller which maybe reflects less away fans than that game.

You have the same side as Fraserburgh 

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Yes. Pity there isn’t more info on parking other than where you can’t park.

Don’t see what more they can advise.

They only have a small car park which will be allocated for players and officials.

They point out where you can’t park due to road works, can’t really think what more they can tell you as it’s only really street parking.

For what it’s worth it’s more comprehensive than you get from most other clubs.

Edited by cowdenbeath