COWDENBEATH 2021-22

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I can see Saturday being a very hard match for us.  We need to do all we can to not give away set-pieces around the box as that's a key part of the Rose game.  We have the attacking flair to trouble them for sure - I just worry that the pitch there will be a huge advantage to them.

Maurice was at the Bonnyrigg v Fraserburgh match so he'll have seen how they play and hopefully has a plan to nullify them.  I genuinely believe this is the best team we've had for these play offs and we're not up against a well funded side like Cove.  What can go wrong? 🤢

Yeah. East Kilbride and Cove were better teams (in my opinion) and our squad is definitely better than for those two play-offs. However, if you keep finishing in the play-off position, even if you play well, luck will go against you eventually. I hope we can make it 3 out of 3 and don't find ourselves in this position for a good while. Hope we stay up and Ross gets the chance to take charge next season.

My worry is similar to yours. I picture Toddy lunging in around our box and giving away a penalty or free kicks. We have been better recently at defending crosses, but pretty poor at it usually and I think Bonnyrigg score quite a lot from headers from crosses, especially McGachie, but hopefully he is suspended for Saturday.

Thing is, I think we have never actually finished bottom of the pile until the play-offs were introduced. Someone may know for sure.

32 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. East Kilbride and Cove were better teams (in my opinion) and our squad is definitely better than for those two play-offs. However, if you keep finishing in the play-off position, even if you play well, luck will go against you eventually. I hope we can make it 3 out of 3 and don't find ourselves in this position for a good while. Hope we stay up and Ross gets the chance to take charge next season.

My worry is similar to yours. I picture Toddy lunging in around our box and giving away a penalty or free kicks. We have been better recently at defending crosses, but pretty poor at it usually and I think Bonnyrigg score quite a lot from headers from crosses, especially McGachie, but hopefully he is suspended for Saturday.

Thing is, I think we have never actually finished bottom of the pile until the play-offs were introduced. Someone may know for sure.

I’m not so sure East Kilbride were better back then. I went to both games and wasn’t that impressed with them. They had some no mark who was at Cowden for a while in midfield. 
The atmosphere at EK game was just weird, more like a library. 

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Would guess there will be around 300 Cowden fans at the game.

Whats the capacity at Bonnyrigg?

2640 but they purposely don't sell that many tickets.

36 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

How many people were at East Kilbride away I’ve never seen any videos or photos of anything from then seems like quite a weird game

It was a very limited size crowd. 500 in total possibly?

Everyone was all down the 1 side of a caged in astro pitch with a tiny stand on the side and some flat standing areas at the end of the stand.

It certainly wasn’t a ground suitable for league football. 

5 hours ago, PELE said:

Not a surprise really. I guess some other Cowden fans did the same as me and bought direct from Bonnyrigg, as I couldn't get to CP to buy them. Definitely going to be a sell out then.

I assume there will be a fair number of neutrals in attendance. Bonnyrigg tend to get about 600 for a crowd normally. They had roughly 1300 for the home game against Fraserburgh, plus roughly 300 Broch fans. This is a much bigger game of course. 

C'mon Cowden.

Aye I suppose a lot of fans based over the water just bought them direct.

Not everyone goes to away games either I suppose and with a lack of seats it would put folk of who can’t stand for 90 minutes through health or age.

42 minutes ago, big al said:

It was a very limited size crowd. 500 in total possibly?

Everyone was all down the 1 side of a caged in astro pitch with a tiny stand on the side and some flat standing areas at the end of the stand.

It certainly wasn’t a ground suitable for league football. 

Sure we got 125 tickets for that.

Since then they have added a covered enclosure behind the goal at the pavilion end.

24 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Since then they have added a covered enclosure behind the goal at the pavilion end.

A few folk bought tickets for the EK end and moved across. I know I did.

15 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yeah, we got 125 tickets and the attendance was 548. Was an awful pitch as well. Don't like the astro pitches.

Being awhile since i made comments but normally reading everybodys when i get the time, hows all the Cowden fans feeling today and about the game tommorow? is Morrison injured or just being rested for the play offs? i do agree with Bonnyrigg not being as big a threat as Cove was on paper but thats not how games go, I definitely am quite worried still and wont be an easy sleep tonight lol, gonna be backing the team away and at home, massive game with a lot on the line, lets get out and support the boys, come on Cowden!

Being awhile since i made comments but normally reading everybodys when i get the time, hows all the Cowden fans feeling today and about the game tommorow? is Morrison injured or just being rested for the play offs? i do agree with Bonnyrigg not being as big a threat as Cove was on paper but thats not how games go, I definitely am quite worried still and wont be an easy sleep tonight lol, gonna be backing the team away and at home, massive game with a lot on the line, lets get out and support the boys, come on Cowden!

After what happened against CS Strollers anything is possible.
Just hope someone tells Mullen and Todd to pull their heads in. We need eleven on the park.

Very true, yeah Todd got to get his timing right for sure, you would rather have a big centre half in games like this tho, just hope he stays concentrated for the full 90 tommorow, no point losing discipline and giving ourselves a mountain to climb after 1 game, of a 2 leg tie, if we can get back to central park with a draw, i would fancy us, strange thing is this season, our away form has being better than our home form lol 

Just hope someone tells Mullen and Todd to pull their heads in. We need eleven on the park.
Anything is possible?? Said like you guys are heavy faves to stay up. You very well might but a weird take.

Massive week for the club and the boys are ready and as well prepared as they can be. These games will be tight but what we need is FULL support of the fans.

There will be periods when we may drift out of it or may be under pressure that's football but get behind every single player tomorrow and next week.

Positivity is key. 

We have the players and staff to keep this club up now let's go do it.

Mon the cowden

55 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anything is possible?? Said like you guys are heavy faves to stay up. You very well might but a weird take.

Ken what's weird pal av no enjoyed bottom of this league. It's quite shite