COWDENBEATH 2021-22

The Hamilton one was my favorite one.
Only about 50 Cowden fans there.
Everything just clicked that day.

I was one of them. Two of the most vivid memories for me from that game were the female assistant ref waving her flag to get the ref over for a chat and the Hamilton boy getting sent off, and Scott Linton I think it was scoring a header right in front of the cowden fans.

Some more of the kind of resilience in that game for the next two please.

Yeah Hamilton game was a good one to remember.

Can remember Lewis Coult asking the crowd what the Dunfermline score was as we started celebrating in the stands knowing If scores stayed the same we would still be in the championship.

1 minute ago, big al said:

Nothing will ever come close to the townie game. 
And as for the night in the junction afterwards, unbelievable !

I believe there are photos and videos of grown men with their tops of celebrating in the junction on the pool tables that night. 😁 

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

anyone have an idea of roughly how many tickets we have sold?

Pity the club haven’t given some sort of update, either a rallying call to shift more tickets or a warning that there aren’t many left. The latter would obviously be the preferred option. 😉

20 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

Yeah would be good if there was a mention of how much tickets had been sold so far

When I re-read the original press release from Cowdenbeath it suggested this evening was the last time tickets were on sale, so I wonder if there was an agreement to return any unsold after today to Bonnyrigg for them to sell?

Be a real shame if there isn’t a respectable Cowden support, the players deserve a good backing.

2 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I remember  well the lady lineswoman. Clattering the Townies (and the party afterwards) was my absolute favourite.

The one that lives in Fife....? :whistle:lol:

Ach weel, nice to have a match official that supports Cowden and not the usual suspects! 

8 hours ago, wulliemc said:

I was one of them. Two of the most vivid memories for me from that game were the female assistant ref waving her flag to get the ref over for a chat and the Hamilton boy getting sent off, and Scott Linton I think it was scoring a header right in front of the cowden fans.

Some more of the kind of resilience in that game for the next two please.

Lorraine Watson now a class one referee.

Andy Ryan who got sent off.

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The Hamilton one was my favorite one.

Only about 50 Cowden fans there.

Everything just clicked that day.

That was a surreal and amazing day. I was there. I think a lot of folk didn't go so they could save money to travel to the play offs. Was it going to be Arbroath? Ended up an absolute classic.

Seems like we’ve not sold out as bonnyrigg have put up more tickets for their fans for sale

Not a surprise really. I guess some other Cowden fans did the same as me and bought direct from Bonnyrigg, as I couldn't get to CP to buy them. Definitely going to be a sell out then.

I assume there will be a fair number of neutrals in attendance. Bonnyrigg tend to get about 600 for a crowd normally. They had roughly 1300 for the home game against Fraserburgh, plus roughly 300 Broch fans. This is a much bigger game of course. 

C'mon Cowden.

Edited by PELE

I can see Saturday being a very hard match for us.  We need to do all we can to not give away set-pieces around the box as that's a key part of the Rose game.  We have the attacking flair to trouble them for sure - I just worry that the pitch there will be a huge advantage to them.

Maurice was at the Bonnyrigg v Fraserburgh match so he'll have seen how they play and hopefully has a plan to nullify them.  I genuinely believe this is the best team we've had for these play offs and we're not up against a well funded side like Cove.  What can go wrong? 🤢

Unfortunately punching above your weight tends to end in debt, or being forced to cut back and plunging back down the leagues. Seen it, done it, bought the T shirt at Stirling.  Stay proud that you did punch above your weight and don't deserve this for the effort.  The influx of moneybags teams into league 2, has made trying to achieve something a lot more dangerous than it used to be. I genuinely feel your pain. I've nothing against Bonnyrigg Rose, but I hope you survive. Good luck.

Apparently 250 of our tickets got sold

That’s a bit disappointing when it’s relatively close, there will be some more who bought from Bonnyrigg like my family and @pele

No matter, just have to make a racket and let the boys know they have fans willing them on.