COWDENBEATH 2021-22

While Andy Barrowman’s goal was a wonder, I felt that more than one of Sammy’s goals had great individual skill from him in the lead up, plus a great finish, so I would have gone for the goal at Annan as goal of the season.

Did you see the goal he scored at Forfar? Almost burst the net, even Forfar fans applauded that one.

While Andy Barrowman’s goal was a wonder, I felt that more than one of Sammy’s goals had great individual skill from him in the lead up, plus a great finish, so I would have gone for the goal at Annan as goal of the season.

I think Sammys goal at Forfar was his best goal. All similar though

37 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Didn’t get to the game at Forfar, and for some reason I don’t think highlights ever appeared for that game, which is a shame as I read that Sammy’s goal was a beauty.

I’m sure sammy posted the highlights on his YouTube channel

1 hour ago, therewasacoo said:

I’m sure sammy posted the highlights on his YouTube channel

Thanks, just found it, it’s quite well disguised.

Sammy wasn’t too impressed that the camera missed the ball hitting the net, though you get the lead up as @The_Pit_Owns said. Excellent goal as well.

He’s on YouTube, my daughter watches him on tiktok, she said he was posting videos on the bus back from Elgin 😄

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Watched Bonnyrigg many times in Bo'ness United games with and without "Boris" McGachie and to be honest it doesn't appear to change the way Bonnyrigg play. They work hard and they all do their jobs. A big solid back 4 with deep defensive midfield cover they are incredibly hard to play through or get around the sides. They are good at keeping possession but if under pressure they will not risk losing the ball in their own half and will launch it up the park. Their forwards hold up the ball looking to create set pieces so they can send up the big defenders.

They are a very effective and capable team and I fear you are doomed to join Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire in the 5th tier.

On the basis of yesterday's performance, I'd agree that they're a pretty solid, hard-working (and physical) team that don't take too many chances with the ball under pressure. I didn't see a significant threat to their game though, other than from cross balls and probably set pieces too. 

I'd expect a relatively low-scoring and cagey affair, but if their overall revival in league form suggests they have something about them now, I'd make Cowden narrow favourites to win the tie.

22 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Did you see the goal he scored at Forfar? Almost burst the net, even Forfar fans applauded that one.

No couldn’t make it. 

Edited by cowdenbeath

4 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Just seen sammy isn’t getting his contract renewed at the end of the season with Falkirk what’s the odds we can get him signed up

We will no doubt try, if we stay up, but what usually happens is a team with more money will entice him away.

4 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

Just seen sammy isn’t getting his contract renewed at the end of the season with Falkirk what’s the odds we can get him signed up

Would be fantastic to keep him, but his performances must have got the attention of a few clubs in the bottom two leagues, he may not be short offers sadly (for us).

I suppose it may be that he wants to return down south anyway, no idea if he is settled up here medium/long term.

Silence on here so far of what is the start of a massive 10 days ahead for our club.

Hoping for a fantastic Blue Brazil turnout over in Bonnyrigg on Saturday to make a tremendous amount of noise backing the players for the whole game

How's everyone feeling this week?

It's up to us to play a part in The Great Escape Part 3 by being the 12th man or Part 4 if you want to include Hamilton.

Let's create an incredible atmosphere on Saturday

Edited by Cowden316

43 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Silence on here so far of what is the start of a massive 10 days ahead for our club.

Hoping for a fantastic Blue Brazil turnout over in Bonnyrigg on Saturday to make a tremendous amount of noise backing the players for the whole game

It's up to us to play a part in The Great Escape Part 3 by being the 12th man or Part 4 if you want to include Hamilton.

Heard that Bonnyrigg have sold out. Cowden got some tickets left. 
You going on the train?

Cannot wait for Saturday, only 3 sleeps to go. 😁

Where does a match thread go for a play off for two teams I different leagues, do we take seniority and has it been confirmed if the ‘big boned’ chappie up front for Bonnyrigg is suspended or not? 🤔

12 minutes ago, big al said:

Heard that Bonnyrigg have sold out. Cowden got some tickets left. 
You going on the train?

Was going to but change of plan lift instead. You?

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

The Hamilton one was my favorite one.

Only about 50 Cowden fans there.

Everything just clicked that day.