COWDENBEATH 2021-22

On 25/04/2022 at 20:43, big al said:

Its a tough call, have seen similar scenarios work both ways. Sometimes another game helps to be right on it for the big game, sometimes a key player or 2 may get injured or suspended and it’s a disaster. As with everything you need a bit of luck whatever is decided. 
I would say play the best team to keep them match fit and keep the momentum but it’s easy for me to say that. 

Mullen should get a run out. Thompson and Morris on too, if fit. 

19 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

My first ever cowdenbeath league game was at home to Albion Rovers (1986), hopefully it won't be the last.

I would have been at that.

Can’t remember my first game.

In my early days we pumped Rovers 7-1 at Central a few days after losing 4-3 at Cliftonhill.

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Raymond broke his leg in a game after a clash with Sammy Conn, sure it was in 85.

From the horse's mouth (not that Raymie was a horse) :-

1985/86 was the season I broke my leg in a match v Albion Rovers at Cowdenbeath. Sammy Conn took a penalty and I saved it. Two Albion players rushed in for the rebound and I forced one of them to hit the ball over the bar. Sammy Conn though booted me on the back of the leg. I got up again and was limping around. The other players were instructed not to pass the ball back to me for the next few minutes. However, next thing Grant Tierney passed back to me and as I went to pick it up my leg gave way completely. It was Joe Craig who was John Clark’s assistant who went to the treatment room with me that day after I had come off. 

6 hours ago, PELE said:

From the horse's mouth (not that Raymie was a horse) :-

1985/86 was the season I broke my leg in a match v Albion Rovers at Cowdenbeath. Sammy Conn took a penalty and I saved it. Two Albion players rushed in for the rebound and I forced one of them to hit the ball over the bar. Sammy Conn though booted me on the back of the leg. I got up again and was limping around. The other players were instructed not to pass the ball back to me for the next few minutes. However, next thing Grant Tierney passed back to me and as I went to pick it up my leg gave way completely. It was Joe Craig who was John Clark’s assistant who went to the treatment room with me that day after I had come off. 

I can remember it, in the September I think.

As he says he tried to play on!

Pretty sure he got his own back on Sammy when they next faced each other.

Two great guys Raymond and Sammy.

Sammy was taken too soon.

On 26/04/2022 at 19:52, Cowden316 said:

A Great invitation from the football club and would be excellent to get a fantastic turnout heading into the playoffs

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=3152

Yeah. Great, except you can't get in the ground. Turnstiles all shut. Went elsewhere instead.

Edited by PELE

Couldn’t get over to Fife today, but did watch the stream (which was pish, they apparently had problems at the ground), other than the first 20 minutes a pretty awful and disjointed performance.

Perhaps understandable that minds were on the next couple of weeks, but would have been nice to keep the unbeaten run going.

I don’t remember the Rovers keeper having a save to make, whereas Cammy had a couple of good saves to keep the score at just the one.

So, Bonnyrigg it is……

Edited by Cowdenleith

20 minutes ago, big al said:

Why not?

was intending on going but wasn’t home in time

There was a very brief delay due to getting the turnstile attendants ready and the fact that there is a great deal to be done by a limited pool of people 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy