COWDENBEATH 2021-22

11 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
25 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:
Carty really is hopeless. As soon as he went off, the game changed. Sammy’s goal was a belter too.
Worried about our RB even although he scored, seems lost most of the time.

Carty is probably the worst player I've ever seen in a Cowdenbeath shirt.

and considering the competition he's up against that's certainly a damning opinion :lol:

Well done guys, nothing against Elgin but I felt happy for you when I saw the result. And Stranraer.... :whistle

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Mullen suspension now over 

Ta. I was told Ompreon was getting fouled plenty today. Wonder if the gaffer will give him a rest next week. He has become an important member of the attack and we could ill afford him to get an injury before the playoffs.... 

Ta. I was told Ompreon was getting fouled plenty today. Wonder if the gaffer will give him a rest next week. He has become an important member of the attack and we could ill afford him to get an injury before the playoffs.... 
Is he eligible for the play-off games? Don't you have to be signed by 31 January?

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Both the BBC and One football app say it was Liam Buchanan who scored the third, we were up the other end, though it was Barrowman. Either way, a belter. 

It’s hard to notice the difference between the 2 mind you, they look such alike😀

5 minutes ago, Gimme said:
19 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Is he eligible for the play-off games? Don't you have to be signed by 31 January?

He is 1 March was deadline for the play offs.

The Highland relegation one was 31 January.

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Said it last week, Big Sammy could be the catalyst.

After all the shit from the Falkirk fans said about him when he signed.

As I said at the time I would wait and see for myself and he has really turned out to be a good signing.

Wish we had got him in January could have made a real difference.

10 minutes ago, Gimme said:
25 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Eligibility of Players
(h) Only a player registered at the Scottish FA by a club/Club on 1 March in the year of the relevant Play-Off Competition shall be eligible to play and be listed on the Teamline of such club/Club for the purposes of playing in a match in the relevant Play- Off Competition.
(i) All players in a Pyramid Play-Off Competition must be eligible to play in the relevant match having regard in particular (but without prejudice to the generality) to the Registration Procedures and the Disciplinary Procedures in each case of the Scottish FA

2 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Eligibility of Players
(h) Only a player registered at the Scottish FA by a club/Club on 1 March in the year of the relevant Play-Off Competition shall be eligible to play and be listed on the Teamline of such club/Club for the purposes of playing in a match in the relevant Play- Off Competition.
(i) All players in a Pyramid Play-Off Competition must be eligible to play in the relevant match having regard in particular (but without prejudice to the generality) to the Registration Procedures and the Disciplinary Procedures in each case of the Scottish FA

Aye that’s what I said😀

If that's what happens when I don't go to games, I think I'll give the playoffs a miss.

Don’t worry. At halftime I was thinking we would get thrashed by Bonnyrigg. If we can repeat what we did second half today we should be OK. Barrowman,Ferguson,Sammy were very good,Buchanan looked better too.

2 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

If I’ve counted correctly I’m sure that’s Maurice Ross’ touch line ban over aswell 

Yeah he is back next week! 

Mullen picked up a daft booking v Stirling a few weeks back which meant he got his suspension over and done with before the play offs 😂

Dunn isn't a right back but Mullen or Thomson will be playing ahead of him.

I don't see why Carty gets such a hard time. I think he's done well in his games for us.

Now is the time to support all the players and not pick on certain ones. You never know Carty may be our match winner in the play-offs. 

Back down to Edinburgh now, the road from Elgin to Aviemore was spectacular in the early evening light, and hardly any traffic, a joy to drive. The A9 wasn’t bad either.

First visit to Elgin, what a cracking wee ground, a good home support considering the game had no consequence for them. No programme, the guy at the gate said they hadn’t done any since Covid, but they were giving team sheets out on the way in.

I reckon there were somewhere between 15 and 20 Cowden fans, plus the suits in the stand.

Elgin controlled most of the first half without creating a great deal, but all changed in that stunning second half. 😁