COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Well that was hard to take tonight

We fully deserved to win tonight. Some great individual performances tonight.

Similar to the home game vs Kelty you come away from the match and say how did we not end up taking something from that match.

Sadly it does look like the playoffs but important we still take a game at a time as if it were a cup final and see where it takes us. I have a sneaky feeling Albion might end up with a point vs Kelty as Kelty might find Cliftonhill a challenge

If we are in the playoffs which is highly likely now if we play with the same intensity as tonight we might just pull of another famously Cowdenbeath Great Escape!! I don't think my nerves will be able to handle another pyramid playoff

55 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Well that was hard to take tonight

We fully deserved to win tonight. Some great individual performances tonight.

Similar to the home game vs Kelty you come away from the match and say how did we not end up taking something from that match.

Sadly it does look like the playoffs but important we still take a game at a time as if it were a cup final and see where it takes us. I have a sneaky feeling Albion might end up with a point vs Kelty as Kelty might find Cliftonhill a challenge

If we are in the playoffs which is highly likely now if we play with the same intensity as tonight we might just pull of another famously Cowdenbeath Great Escape!! I don't think my nerves will be able to handle another pyramid playoff

Two much games like tonight's this season not able to take chances when we have them and get punished. I'm like you it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if Rovers took something tomorrow night against Kelty.

Yeah. Where are Kenny Ward and Colin McGlashan these days? Older than me, but they would probably still score.

Kenny Ward is still playing Over 35’s so that might not be as ridiculous a thought as you first thought [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

No, third time in the play-off but they've not finished bottom since 2017-18.

Ah so it is the year we won the league 2017-18,totally forgot about Brechin last year finishing bottom. 

On 15/03/2022 at 22:09, Stenhouse said:

I am very sad to read these recent comments.  I was born in Cowdenbeath 1957, and I was a ballboy in the early 70's.  I also was tannoy announcer at a number of matches in the mid 70's at Central Park, including the infamous League Cup game v Raith in 1974 which was abandoned at Half time due to floodlight failure, much to the chagrin of Kirkcaldy fans.  My earliest match that I can remember as a wee boy was at home to East Fife mid 60's.  I remember with relish the 1970 game v Falkirk at Central Park in front of 10,000 fans on a Tuesday night against the eventual Division 2 champs Falkirk, which included Sir Alex Ferguson in their ranks.  I can still recite from fresh memory the regular Cowden team of that golden time:  Wylie, McLaughlan and Jack, Taylor Kinnell & Moore, Sugden Dickson Mullen Bostock and Ross.  I joined the Armed Forces in 1975, so have only had rare visits to Cowdenbeath since.  I have supported Aldershot as a season ticket holder since 1988, now living in Farnborough, Hampshire.  I will attend the play-off second leg at Central Park, as I have done the others.  Cowden really now need to prepare for that tie, probably v Bonnyrigg Rose, as I think the club will die on relegation.  Very sad times.  Good luck to old school buddy David Allan.

Sorry mate but the bit in bold is just simply not true. While things seem bleak at Central Park at the moment, relegation (if it happens) is not the end unless the fans let that happen. Shire, Berwick and Brechin fans all said the same and they’re all still playing week in week out. As long as the people of Cowdenbeath get behind their team it’ll exist whether it’s in the Premiership or the East of Scotland League.  The Lowland League will improve year on year for the foreseeable due to the influx of ex Junior clubs while this will make it harder for clubs that are relegated to come back it’ll also mean they’re playing in a competitive league. If the worst happens Cowdenbeath fans need to get behind your team and look forward to a new adventure against new opponents at new venues.  You were Championship not long ago so getting out the Lowland League (if it happens) would hardly be impossible for you. Best of luck whatever happens. 

Gutted after that

Another game we fully deserved to win

Believe Cowdenbeath we are matching team's from 1st to second bottom but due to us being bottom we aren't getting the breaks due to probably being bottom side.

Full credit to our kitman and local pub to enable a Fuller crowd today to support the Cowden cause. Both great initiatives to support as well. 

It is absolutely pivot that those that have deep affection for Cowdenbeath and Cowdenbeath Football club lend their support in our critical time of need

We can do this

Edited by Cowden316

15 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Believe Cowdenbeath we are matching team's from 1st to second bottom but due to us being bottom we aren't getting the breaks due to probably being bottom side.

Think the rest of the season for Cowden is about ensuring they go into the play-off in decent form.

They’ve survived a couple of times before, although feel it will be a good effort to avoid dropping out the league on this occasion.

I think Cowden have proved over the past few years that they are simply not good enough nor have the resources to survive in the SPF. Finishing bottom not once but soon to be 3 times proves this. The club is done, spent, call it what you want at this level. Stadium is in a bad state of repair and attendance figures are very poor. I think it will be a case of third time unlucky and Cowden drop out the league altogether never to return.

Sad, but that's the reality.

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

I think Cowden have proved over the past few years that they are simply not good enough nor have the resources to survive in the SPF. Finishing bottom not once but soon to be 3 times proves this. The club is done, spent, call it what you want at this level. Stadium is in a bad state of repair and attendance figures are very poor. I think it will be a case of third time unlucky and Cowden drop out the league altogether never to return.

PISH

2 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

There are quite a few clubs in L2 with lower average attendances than us.

42 minutes ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Sadly, that still isn't enough to warrant survival in this league.

Never said it was if we go down we go down and just have to get on with it.

If we stay up we live another day.

It was you who brought up the crowds.

You may want to take a look at the Lowland League doing their best not to relegate established members.

3 hours ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

A post with a strong whiff of “take your medicine “ , only thing is Cowden have taken their medicine - twice finishing bottom and twice overcome being relegated. Clubs like Cowden and Albion Rovers aren’t financially doped by here today gone tomorrow Sugar Daddies, yes they have small hardcore support, yes the stadiums could be improved but they do year in year out balance the books. 

On 22/03/2022 at 16:40, cowdenbeath said:

Never said it was if we go down we go down and just have to get on with it.

If we stay up we live another day.

It was you who brought up the crowds.

You may want to take a look at the Lowland League doing their best not to relegate established members.

Ironically by you finishing bottom it will guarantee they will relegate one of their members.

I've seen Cowden a couple of times this season and they are actually alright- there have been far worse sides in this predicament. Mariuce Ross has them playing decent enough football.

They are killed by lack of a goalscorer though-the source of all their problems. In the games I saw they should have comfortably seen off Albion Rovers at Central Park just before Christmas, and more than matched Forfar for 80% of a game at Station Park before falling away in the last ten minutes.

It looks bleak as Bonnyrigg are a match for any side in L2 and (as we discovered in the cup recently) L1. Having seen off a very good EK side on penalties, and provoked one of the most hilarious raging radio meltdowns from John Sheran at Cove, the club certainly knows how to survive these. This will be a much bigger test I fear.

Good luck guys, hope you make it.