COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

And our four extra wins have all come against you. Been our ability to win those four games that has kept us clear of the danger zone. You’re right about creating chances as Liam Buchanan’s goal in the first meeting was your only goal against us. We have struggled to turn possession into goals all season - looks from this end as if that has plagued you guys even more.

Think this was easily the worst of your four performances against us this season. I  don’t see the improvement that some are claiming. I hope I’m wrong but I fear for you in the playoffs. Think the only poorer team than you this season since the playoffs were introduced was the Shire team that went down. 

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Went along to your game today as I was in stranraer anyway. Thought you looked very poor 1st half especially. Your number 2 seemed to be in a bad way going off. Also thought Maurice Ross was your manager? Only saw Patterson and McGurn in the dug out?

Someone said a while ago on here that mo Ross had a 13 match ban so that will be how you didn’t see him 

10 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

And our four extra wins have all come against you. Been our ability to win those four games that has kept us clear of the danger zone. You’re right about creating chances as Liam Buchanan’s goal in the first meeting was your only goal against us. We have struggled to turn possession into goals all season - looks from this end as if that has plagued you guys even more.

Aye we have really struggled for goals.

Not too much heavy defeats 4-0 v Stirling and 3-0 v Forfar and yesterday being the worst.

Sometimes feels worse with narrow 1 goal ones though.

I always felt that our squad was too small at the start of the season, seemed like the former manager had his favorite starting XI and not much else to come off the bench.

Things have got better to an extent under Maurice Ross who has won more games and picked up more points but we have never been able to go on a run of wins and get in the pack.

Its a big week this week with two home games against Forfar and Stenny.

The Loons have their play off spot but have been inconsistent the last few months so you never know.

Stenny we have done not too bad against this season with a draw and win at their place.

Knowing our luck we would win those 2 and Rovers would beat Kelty😀

It’s sad to say but Cowden probably belong in the Lowland League in the modern era and that’s coming from someone who has supported the team for about 48 years. The local town and council give the club very little support and apart from our amazing die hard supporters we have a very small fan base. The ground is crumbling and I assume that we are paying the owners a fairly hefty rent for playing there. But for an amazingly dedicated board of directors and a fantastic chairman we probably wouldn’t even exist. I remember going to a meeting some years ago at a time when our league registration was going to be sold by the owners and we would no longer exist. Thanks to some amazing people, some who are no longer sadly with us, the club still survives. 

Hopefully we can win yet another relegation play off but it’s not looking good. I can’t remember a Cowden team in a number of years who posses such a lack of creativity and attacking threat. Unfortunately we have had a tendency to stick with failing managers for far too long since we made it into the Championship. I never thought I’d ever see us playing at that level though and I’m hugely proud and grateful that I witnessed such a great period in the clubs history. After years of watching us struggle at the end of the bottom league our helicopter dreams came true and we were a brilliant side to watch for some years. 

If we do go down into the Lowland league and the club survives I will still support Cowden, Unfortunately due to health problems I haven’t been at matches this season but I buy the brilliant live streams when I can. I will definitely be at the play off unless a miracle happens and we avoid it. Cowden have always been an important part of who I am so I hope we continue regardless of which level of football we play at. 

8 minutes ago, Only coo in the village said:

It’s sad to say but Cowden probably belong in the Lowland League in the modern era and that’s coming from someone who has supported the team for about 48 years. The local town and council give the club very little support and apart from our amazing die hard supporters we have a very small fan base. The ground is crumbling and I assume that we are paying the owners a fairly hefty rent for playing there. But for an amazingly dedicated board of directors and a fantastic chairman we probably wouldn’t even exist. I remember going to a meeting some years ago at a time when our league registration was going to be sold by the owners and we would no longer exist. Thanks to some amazing people, some who are no longer sadly with us, the club still survives. 

Hopefully we can win yet another relegation play off but it’s not looking good. I can’t remember a Cowden team in a number of years who posses such a lack of creativity and attacking threat. Unfortunately we have had a tendency to stick with failing managers for far too long since we made it into the Championship. I never thought I’d ever see us playing at that level though and I’m hugely proud and grateful that I witnessed such a great period in the clubs history. After years of watching us struggle at the end of the bottom league our helicopter dreams came true and we were a brilliant side to watch for some years. 

If we do go down into the Lowland league and the club survives I will still support Cowden, Unfortunately due to health problems I haven’t been at matches this season but I buy the brilliant live streams when I can. I will definitely be at the play off unless a miracle happens and we avoid it. Cowden have always been an important part of who I am so I hope we continue regardless of which level of football we play at. 

Like you Coo Ii've been watching us for a similar time it's really heartbreaking have we have gone downhill since the Championship days.

That was a golden and unexpected period which was never going to last longtime but after it you would have hoped we would have consolidated in L1.

As you mention we rarely look a goal threat. I have seen some poor sides over the last near 50 years but one thing we always had was someone who could score goals no matter bad a team and position was, the last two seasons has been the opposite of that.

Like you Coo Ii've been watching us for a similar time it's really heartbreaking have we have gone downhill since the Championship days.
That was a golden and unexpected period which was never going to last longtime but after it you would have hoped we would have consolidated in L1.
As you mention we rarely look a goal threat. I have seen some poor sides over the last near 50 years but one thing we always had was someone who could score goals no matter bad a team and position was, the last two seasons has been the opposite of that.

Every team even in this league has a playmaker, we don’t. So any attacking threat comes from a breakaway. Our passing is poor so any threat is quickly snuffed out.
This really is so depressing.

Can we try starting a game without Robbie Buchanan please? We looked very disjointed yesterday. I think we were trying to play a pressing game up front ,but only the front two were doing it. You could see Liam getting more and more frustrated Stranraer just overpowered us.