COWDENBEATH 2021-22

On 09/03/2022 at 10:08, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Been complaining about our thrown ins for ages. We’d be as well giving the ball straight back to the opposition. On Saturday we were throwing the ball straight over the bye line.
The long thrown ins, and only Craig Barr can throw the ball any distance, could have been a great weapon but the only guy who would get his head to them has gone.

To be fair, Renton rarely ever got on the end of a cross in the opposition box. That's what I couldn't understand. He should have been terrorising the opposition with his height. He was really good at heading away crosses in our box, but never threatened in the opposition box. Then again, I think he played as a defender in his youth.

We need to stop with the aerial attacks. They rarely lead to anything. Let players like Swann, Coulson, Barrowman, Ferguson, Ompreon, Thomson and Liam move with the ball on the deck and create chances/take chances.

50 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

See that’s now 3 goals in 3 games for Renton at Tranent after he scored again tonight.

Playing 2 leagues down he should score a good few at that level.

He's still the poor man's David Carty though 😐

I'm starting to think Luke Mahady would have been a better option than Carty. 

Edited by The_Pit_Owns

Last chance saloon for us. Albion Rovers have Kelty/Kelty/Forfar in the next three games. If we can't close the gap now then it will be play-offs for us.

Play Liam from the start!

Cowden, Cowden, Cowden!

8 hours ago, PELE said:

Last chance saloon for us. Albion Rovers have Kelty/Kelty/Forfar in the next three games. If we can't close the gap now then it will be play-offs for us.

Play Liam from the start!

Cowden, Cowden, Cowden!

Agree with that Pele.

Been clinging onto all the possibilities for weeks and all have faded apart from Rovers.

It’s still a big ask though. On paper Kelty should beat them twice but at the same time can we pull wins over Stranraer and Forfar out of the hat?

Personally I would like to see Liam start , think we have tried every other forward option recently.

People say does he have the legs for 90 minutes, well he played for 75 when Barrowman went off injured on his debut.

Dosn’t really matter he can be replaced later on if needed.

We really need to take a lead in a game, we can hold onto one , but can’t recall the last time we came from behind to win.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Agree with that Pele.

Been clinging onto all the possibilities for weeks and all have faded apart from Rovers.

It’s still a big ask though. On paper Kelty should beat them twice but at the same time can we pull wins over Stranraer and Forfar out of the hat?

Personally I would like to see Liam start , think we have tried every other forward option recently.

People say does he have the legs for 90 minutes, well he played for 75 when Barrowman went off injured on his debut.

Dosn’t really matter he can be replaced later on if needed.

We really need to take a lead in a game, we can hold onto one , but can’t recall the last time we came from behind to win.

Kelty haven't looked the same since the young lad returned to Aberdeen. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points on the tattie field. But we have to look after our own game.

Surely the manager knows what his best team is with or without LB, lose today and that is just about it. Our attacking players really are poor and if we cannot score we've had it. And we won't beat Bonnyrigg.

6 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Kelty haven't looked the same since the young lad returned to Aberdeen. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped points on the tattie field. But we have to look after our own game.

Surely the manager knows what his best team is with or without LB, lose today and that is just about it. Our attacking players really are poor and if we cannot score we've had it. And we won't beat Bonnyrigg.

More than possible Kelty could drop points away to Rovers.

Clubs always take the foot off the gas when they more or less have a title won.

I’m more concerned about us being able to win games.

We compete and come close but have a pretty powder puff forward line.

As for Bonnyrigg I’ll wait and see how they get on against the HL champions first.

If we don't win today whilst taking advantage of Albions tough fixtures to help close the gap we fully deserve to be in the playoffs. 

Time for the positive Cowden post match rhetoric and effort from the manager to turn to results. 

Come on Cowden let's do this. 

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

If we don't win today whilst taking advantage of Albions tough fixtures to help close the gap we fully deserve to be in the playoffs. 

Time for the positive Cowden post match rhetoric and effort from the manager to turn to results. 

Come on Cowden let's do this. 

We’ve always been too far behind to make an impact.

The poor start has really done us.

Even if Rovers lose their 2 games to Kelty I’m pretty sure they will pick up enough points in their other games.

2 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Why wont we beat bonnyrigg.. have you seen them. ?. 

21 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

22 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Yes, I've also seen Strollers and we all know what happened there. And I've also seen Fraserburgh, wouldn't be too concerned about them. 

Bonnyrigg are decent however to simply state we wont beat them means you must think they are miles ahead of us and they aren't. Would b a close game but I'm not as worried on them as others.

We are a different team to team that lost to civil. 

Bucks and barrowman start today. Big opportunity for them. Let's see if they can make a difference.

One thing can be said all players in that squad have had chances to cement and hold down a place. It's up to them to grasp opportunities and say to manager look u cant drop me.

Good bench with attacking options. Sammy to come on when game stretched..

Good to see the team changed a bit upfront. Would like to think they are given a wee run of games to see if partnerships can be formed and maximum match fitness gained along with a few goals. 
Chopping and changing every game won’t do anyone any favours. 

1 hour ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I think playing with 9 men was key factor in Strollers match

To be honest, Cowden were not any better than Strollers before the sending offs, and that was with home advantage. 
Would also imagine Bonnyrigg are better than Strollers.