COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

If we won on Tuesday you could see Stirling really shitting themselves.

Trust me, the defecating has already begun.

Absolute spewing about yesterday it's hard when the players apply themselves and give everything and they dont get rewards. Football can be cruel and when your bottom it's even harder. 3 1-0 defeats in a row is shite and we have had a few 1 goal defeats all season.

We are so so close to putting results together but now is the time to start doing it. Confidence in the players and management to go and get results required to keep us in this league and if they do it they deserve a huge huge amount of credit. Keep getting behind the players.

Mon the cowden

Thought we were excellent for large parts of the game yesterday, not quite sure how we didn’t get something from it but our inability to score is abundantly clear. It’s why we will finish bottom. 

Seems harsh on Coulson that he’s totally fallen out of favour. Carty is not the answer up front either.

Kelty are a very expensively assembled functional side, they should be better than what they have shown against us. Not quite sure how Kevin Thomson seems to be the second coming of Bill Shankly.

Cowden won’t get relegated. 

11 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Play off it is then. Not that I’m giving up. We need to start scoring goals before then. Never known a Cowden side so impotent in front of goal.

Yep, and the only player in the squad who knows how to put the ball in the net can’t get a start.  

33 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Play off it is then. Not that I’m giving up. We need to start scoring goals before then. Never known a Cowden side so impotent in front of goal.

362 minutes without a goal is really poor and the manager albeit has the team well organised and players working hard under them he has failed to address our goal threat issues . Liam hopefully has proven tonight to the manager why he should be in the starting 11 and give them something to think about because reason Stirling won Tonight is they have potential of goals in Carrick if they didn't have him it could have been a smash and grab One nil victory for us.

I see no prospect of us not finishing bottom and we are playing roulette in the playoffs and if we are in the playoffs we must find our clinical finishing touch and ensure the likes of Liam is there for goal threat.

I will say it again it's all very well the team looking good playing well manager talking very well but it's a results business at the end of the day and come this Saturday at 5pm we could be 10 points adrift of Albion who have a game in hand or hopefully we win and close gap to 4 points.

Tonight it's a failure to pull more team's into it and failing to deliver what's vital for our club by avoiding bottom as this time I personally don't think it will be third time lucky.

The good talking now needs to convert to seeing us win games and collecting points.

Imagine where we could have been if we were able to get Dick Campbell in when he was sacked from Forfar

Edited by Cowden316

You would have thought after Kelty there would have been some desire. Zero urgency today.

I'm not so sure what Cammy was thinking for the first goal, but, that's the last 3 goals have gone into his left. In my opinion none of them strikes were exactly powerful and should have been saved.

Pretty sure Buchanan is the top scorer, about time he's put on from the start.

Tonight was a major disappointment. We seem to be relying on a long throw and we are s***e at that. Must be 30 attempts in last 4 games without troubling keeper.

The more creative players appear to be held back from expressing themselves and how Liam doesn't start I will never know.

Maurice talked about the need for signings and when provided with the funds/loans, he doesn't play them??

Will continue to support the manager as he seems good for the club but something needs to change to turn things around.

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

You would have thought after Kelty there would have been some desire. Zero urgency today.

I'm not so sure what Cammy was thinking for the first goal, but, that's the last 3 goals have gone into his left. In my opinion none of them strikes were exactly powerful and should have been saved.

Pretty sure Buchanan is the top scorer, about time he's put on from the start.

Agreed. Some soft strikes. However, to be fair, that first goal tonight was a cross from Carrick and Toddy was going for it with the Stirling player towards the back post and then he just suddenly pulled back and left it and Cammy couldn't do anything about it by then. Really poor goal to lose.

1 hour ago, silkybeath said:

Tonight was a major disappointment. We seem to be relying on a long throw and we are s***e at that. Must be 30 attempts in last 4 games without troubling keeper.

The more creative players appear to be held back from expressing themselves and how Liam doesn't start I will never know.

Maurice talked about the need for signings and when provided with the funds/loans, he doesn't play them??

Will continue to support the manager as he seems good for the club but something needs to change to turn things around.

Totally agree.

Why do we persist with the long throws? We are honking as an aerial threat, yet we persist with long throws and punts into the box. Our best hope is to play the more creative players and keep the ball on the deck.

I should add that in all the years supporting Cowden we always seem to be hopeless at throw ins. We basically just throw the ball straight to the opposition most of the time.

Edited by PELE

34 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

So, uh, I see oor Sammy got subbed off at HT.

Dare I ask if he is tearing it up in L2 with you?

Looked alright on Saturday but other than one decent bit of play last night, he wasn't great.

You could see the other players getting frustrated with him as his positioning was all over the place.

Totally agree.
Why do we persist with the long throws? We are honking as an aerial threat, yet we persist with long throws and punts into the box. Our best hope is to play the more creative players and keep the ball on the deck.
I should add that in all the years supporting Cowden we always seem to be hopeless at throw ins. We basically just throw the ball straight to the opposition most of the time.

Been complaining about our thrown ins for ages. We’d be as well giving the ball straight back to the opposition. On Saturday we were throwing the ball straight over the bye line.
The long thrown ins, and only Craig Barr can throw the ball any distance, could have been a great weapon but the only guy who would get his head to them has gone.