COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Without meaning to be negative typical Cowden fashion that we have sadly experienced in recent years. We did well beating Elgin but have failed to then take something from some of the games in hand which was important to get something tonight but failed. 

There is no doubt we are much better and very well organised but we must be stronger up front. We seem to be set up to be a very well organised hard to beat team which is excellent and refreshing.

This organisation/commitment may be enough which is looking like playoffs especially if Albion and Elgin pick up more points tomorrow which I am more confident off us pulling it off again but don't want to be involved in a playoff again it's horrible when your clubs existence is at stake in the senior ranks.  We must be able to convert our chances up top then we have a very good outfit going into next season to build on. 

Encouraging positive signs in our application and commitment but it's all about winning not how we look as it's results business especially in our predicament. 

Fingers crossed its as you were at full time in our league tomorrow 

Edited by Cowden316

28 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t know what Renton’s injury situation is, but if he is fit again it’s daft to have let him leave.

Agreed. We all moaned about Bollan's refusal to use the bench, which he was useless at. Ross seems to suffer from the same mentality. The team has played a number of games in close proximity but the starting IX has not been changed. The bench currently includes some decent players. Can't really pretend to understand the mentality. I get the Carty starting but he has scored no goals (nor to my admittedly limited viewing has come close to doing so) so why has Renton not been subbed on after 60 mins to do what he does, which is pretty much what Carty does anyway. 

Edited by ronaldincoo

First half pretty much a non event with almost zero chances for either side.

City goal looked good at first glance but thinking about it I’m not sure if the boy was aiming to score or put a cross in, either way he won’t care.

We livened up in the second half after the introduction of the subs, probably needed after the amount of games as highlighted by another poster.

Mango with the best chance with his header coming off the bar.

A tough week seen a mention of us beating Elgin and failing to follow it up.

Elgin are pretty pish , hope they still are later today. Night and day playing them and two sides from the top four.

Overall I didn’t think we done too badly in the two mideek games.

I doubt much folk would have expected anything at Kelty but like the previous game one mistake proved costly.

Again at Ainslie Park very fine margins.

City youngsters cheeky wee shites doing their Conga and singing  Cowden are going down 😀

Boy from Leeds who was having the stag doo seemed a bit of an attention seeking knob😀

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Agreed. We all moaned about Bollan's refusal to use the bench, which he was useless at. Ross seems to suffer from the same mentality. The team has played a number of games in close proximity but the starting IX has not been changed. The bench currently includes some decent players. Can't really pretend to understand the mentality. I get the Carty starting but he has scored no goals (nor to my admittedly limited viewing has come close to doing so) so why has Renton not been subbed on after 60 mins to do what he does, which is pretty much what Carty does anyway. 

The starting line ups in the 3 games this week have changed.

Morrison missed the 2 midweek games and Swann was on the bench tonight.

I agree with your general point though.