COWDENBEATH 2021-22

For me it’s not right to blame Harvey Swann for the goal. He’s trying to get the team up the park. His alternative is to launch it but there was nobody up the line so all it does is delay the next attack by a few more seconds when there were still several minutes left of the 90. 
Unnecessary challenge gave away the pen, you can’t ever gift a goal, make them work hard for it and do something worthy of a goal. All that effort and it’s undone by rash decision making is the disappointing part.

Kelty have got 2/3 players better than I think I have ever seen in a league 2 game. 

It really is like night and day since Mo took over.  So organised last night against the champions elect and players seem to be buying into his instructions.  Cammy had 3 or 4 fantastic saves.  Carty had that great chance before the pen.  I thought it looked like a pen, but guys sitting further back in the stand thought different. 

Nothing to fear now, even if it does mean the dreaded play-offs, there is a belief and team spirit here now that wasn't with GB.     

Dammit, after avoiding COVID for 2 years, got a positive test this morning, after having pretty mild symptoms.

That’s me missing Friday, really gutted about that. My 10 year old daughter announced that she and my wife will still be going as long as they test negative. 😄

I don’t think Edinburgh City do live streams, that would have made things a bit better.

Was at that corner of the ground and it was as clear a penalty as you'll see, the big defender seemed to anticipate the Kelty boy cutting in and panicked when he was going down the outside, after so much discipline it was two poor decisions in quick succession. 

Was at that corner of the ground and it was as clear a penalty as you'll see, the big defender seemed to anticipate the Kelty boy cutting in and panicked when he was going down the outside, after so much discipline it was two poor decisions in quick succession. 
I was up the far end and even from there I thought it looked a stonewaller. It looked to me like the lad got completely clattered.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I was up the far end and even from there I thought it looked a stonewaller. It looked to me like the lad got completely clattered.

Aye, going to a game as a neutral is an interesting experience, when you've got no skin in the game as such I tend to find the referees aren't that bad, thought they had an OK last night, whereas if I was a Kelty fan I could've been shouting for reds I suppose, and a couple of Cowdenbeath fans aren't that chuffed with the penalty. 

A view from the terrace was filming at the corner last night but they'd moved by the time of the pen. 

Aye, going to a game as a neutral is an interesting experience, when you've got no skin in the game as such I tend to find the referees aren't that bad, thought they had an OK last night, whereas if I was a Kelty fan I could've been shouting for reds I suppose, and a couple of Cowdenbeath fans aren't that chuffed with the penalty. 
A view from the terrace was filming at the corner last night but they'd moved by the time of the pen. 
Aye, its a weird experience walking away not being either buzzing or gutted. I've seen two games as a neutral in the last week and both referees have got all the major decisions correct.

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, its a weird experience walking away not being either buzzing or gutted. I've seen two games as a neutral in the last week and both referees have got all the major decisions correct.

Walking away cold, very cold. 

I'd imagine the next time I walk away from central park I'll be seething at having watched Kelty best Dunfermline. 

4 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Dammit, after avoiding COVID for 2 years, got a positive test this morning, after having pretty mild symptoms.

That’s me missing Friday, really gutted about that. My 10 year old daughter announced that she and my wife will still be going as long as they test negative. 😄

I don’t think Edinburgh City do live streams, that would have made things a bit better.

Aye City stopped the streams.

On the plus side the covid stops you getting hypothermia on Friday

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's usually an Irish League game on BBC NI every Friday, and as long as Coleraine aren't involved I usually find the referees are allright...