COWDENBEATH 2021-22

35 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We count the paying fans, season ticket and complimentary tickets including the kids let in free in order to produce an accurate crowd - we don’t for example do what some clubs do and add in season ticket holders who don’t attend (and sometimes that is a fair number midweek and in winter especially) 

Thanks for clarifying, hope the crowd levels get a bit better going forward now the results are starting to come 👍

Wasn’t there tonight, but looks like from the update ticker on my football app, it was pretty much one way traffic.

Incredibly frustrating to lose another game to a late penalty.  Not much consolation tonight, but the fact that we have not lost a goal from open play in 5 matches has to give encouragement.

Looking forward to Friday, bring it on…

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Sat in from the first minute and it almost gained a point. 
Architects of their own downfall with the penalty.

That’s the 3rd game this season where Cowden could have got something from the game but ended up with nothing.

The ball should have been cleared away in the build up for the penalty.

Just now, cowdenbeath said:

The ball should have been cleared away in the build up for the penalty.

Agree and more than likely Harvey will get it tight. To be fair however, there was no out ball and if he went past his man the game would have opened up. Big Toddy shouldn't be diving in as well.

Created very little but the team collectively maintained a good shape and limited Kelty to little chances. We also had a couple of good openings.

Lots of optimism moving forward with regards to picking up points.

Cowden had the best chances from open play. One in the first half and one in the second half. That's the second League 2 match I've watched in a row and in each game it's been decided by one player making an error of judgement to lose it for their team. Fraser Mullen and Craig Barr both looked decent enough. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Cowden had the best chances from open play. One in the first half and one in the second half. That's the second League 2 match I've watched in a row and in each game it's been decided by one player making an error of judgement to lose it for their team. Fraser Mullen and Craig Barr both looked decent enough. 

Fraser Mullen was excellent.

Should not be conceding that penalty, it’s gifting a goal. Just jockey the man and at least make him do something  worthy of a goal. Really poor decision. 

We didn't really have much of a say in sitting deep tonight. Kelty forced us into that. They are like a championship team compared to us. We went desperately close in the second half. Carty was a whisker away from knocking it over the line. Looked like it was going in until the last second.

Harvey should have just launched the ball when he had the chance. No other real options. We may as well just launch it at every opportunity near the end.

I like Toddy, but I am always worried that he will give away a penalty. I said to someone before kick off again. He is not quick enough to tackle the faster players. As Big Al said, just jockey them and make them create something. Don't dive in.

Be a different game on Friday. We should have more of the play and create more chances. Hopefully we come away with a point or three.

Defend like that and you'll get a point or more from Ainslie Park on Friday. 

There was a great chance in the first half where the ball was blasted well over and I thought Cowden might escape with a point but the penalty was unfortunate. The Kelty player wasn't going anywhere in particular and it was a needless challenge I suppose. Odd thing was me (Edinburgh City) and a mate (Hibee) who were both neutral thought it was a penalty and the old Kelty guys next to me said "never a penalty"...

Great heart and effort from the lads. They are really giving everything. I thought fergy in midfield was excellent and disciplined you can tell he will get  better. Swanny was great and yeah he should have launched it but tried to dribble out and relieve pressure. There was action after it so the main mistake is after that 1. Hard to be critical. We created the best chance of the game with a great ball from mullen. And had a good chance first half. 

The lads shape and discipline in their shape is crazy good.

Tough one to take but we go again friday. Players will need a good rest after that.

I thought kelty looked ok. They didnt overly hurt us. If u open up they hurt you its really that simple.

O ware is class.

Get behind the lads this friday they will need it.

Mone the cowden

5 games now without conceding a goal that wasn't a penalty. Maurice has done a tremendous job at making us a better unit. 

We have nothing to fear going forward. Even if we come 10th I'm relaxed about the play offs just now! 

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Defend like that and you'll get a point or more from Ainslie Park on Friday. 

There was a great chance in the first half where the ball was blasted well over and I thought Cowden might escape with a point but the penalty was unfortunate. The Kelty player wasn't going anywhere in particular and it was a needless challenge I suppose. Odd thing was me (Edinburgh City) and a mate (Hibee) who were both neutral thought it was a penalty and the old Kelty guys next to me said "never a penalty"...

I was there as a neutral too and looked a bit soft to me.

Daft decision from the lad that tried to dribble out of defence rather than just clear his lines with a few minutes to go so the team can get back into shape.  Put his team in all manner of trouble when he lost the ball so equally as culpable for me.  The lad that was downed for the penalty had already been booked for diving (I think it was him anyway) so he was always going down at the slightest contact..

Two Kelty Cowdenbeath games I’ve been to this season.  Both decided on a poor decision by a Cowdenbeath player.

7 hours ago, silkybeath said:

Agree and more than likely Harvey will get it tight. To be fair however, there was no out ball and if he went past his man the game would have opened up. Big Toddy shouldn't be diving in as well.

Created very little but the team collectively maintained a good shape and limited Kelty to little chances. We also had a couple of good openings.

Lots of optimism moving forward with regards to picking up points.

I can understand Harvey being in two minds as you say but it was a gamble playing the ball out.

In situations like that I’m always in the clear the danger camp.

Toddy was perhaps rash diving in with his tackle as the boy Max had been booked for simulation not long before, he was always going to go down.

That’s one of the best organised defensive performances I’ve seen at NCP this season. Cowden were very hard to break down and it was always going to come from at set piece/dead ball if there was goal. Also thought youse had to best chances in the game, the skied one early first half and how the number 9 (?) doesn’t hit the target with the low header second half I will never know. If youse can stay that solid at the back and take chances I think youse will stay up.