COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 hour ago, PELE said:

It's on the Kelty fixture list as Monday 28th February. If that's correct, then we would play them twice in 6 days.

Small glitch in the new software we use for website - now been rectified awaiting confirmation of new date.

All seems very negative on here and I don’t understand why.

Not saying it’s easy but 9 points and 10/11 goals back on two teams you still have to play twice (I don’t think you’ve played Elgin or Albion this year but could be wrong) is not insurmountable.

Gaining 9 points on either of those teams will likely more than wipe out the goal deficit, especially if wins come against those two.

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

Not saying it’s easy but 9 points and 10/11 goals back on two teams you still have to play twice (I don’t think you’ve played Elgin or Albion this year but could be wrong) is not insurmountable.

Gaining 9 points on either of those teams will likely more than wipe out the goal deficit, especially if wins come against those two.

We still have to play both Albion Rovers and Elgin twice.

First up is Rovers on Saturday.

8 hours ago, Left Back said:

It's definitely possible, but we have to start winning matches now, starting on Saturday. Win the next 2 and we could be back in the mix. Now is the time. Elgin have Kelty tonight and again a week on Saturday. Albion Rovers have 4 straight away games after we play them on Saturday.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Looks like a 2 horse race now with Elgin beating Kelty.

Rovers we’re always the realistic target.

Wouldn’t be surprised it Elgin didn’t go onto sneak a play off place at the other end.

Yeah. It was a good time to play Kelty. They can afford to lose some games and a trek up to Elgin midweek after their efforts in the cup was one of the games that you might expect them to struggle in.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Yeah. It was a good time to play Kelty. They can afford to lose some games and a trek up to Elgin midweek after their efforts in the cup was one of the games that you might expect them to struggle in.

Plus Elgin have improved greatly recently.

5 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Feel stayng up is a must not only for the club but for the community, see more and more young lads going along to watch Kelty instead 

We are already offering initiatives for youths to come to games and be involved. To be fair kids will be drawn towards Kelty if they are winning etc and perhaps the facilities are better at Kelty (i think they have a little astroturf area for the kids to play)

Its always easier to attract new people young and old if the club is doing well on the field also.

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

We are already offering initiatives for youths to come to games and be involved. To be fair kids will be drawn towards Kelty if they are winning etc and perhaps the facilities are better at Kelty (i think they have a little astroturf area for the kids to play)

Its always easier to attract new people young and old if the club is doing well on the field also.

Never thought we done as well as we could have in attracting youngsters when we were in the Championship.

There were a few but could have been more, although you could say that with adults as well.

Kelty will be an attraction teams who win most week always are and their ground dosn’t have a race track and fence to block your view.

An 8 year old me was attracted to watching Cowden but if I was that age now I’m not so quite sure about it.

Never thought we done as well as we could have in attracting youngsters when we were in the Championship.
There were a few but could have been more, although you could say that with adults as well.
Kelty will be an attraction teams who win most week always are and their ground dosn’t have a race track and fence to block your view.
An 8 year old me was attracted to watching Cowden but if I was that age now I’m not so quite sure about it.
Well now you can watch for free via the wall that part collapsed behind the terracing.

Speaking of the terracing any chance we could get that red flag tied up or removed that gets in the way a fair bit.

31 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

There’s been plenty complaints about the flags. Even if they were tied down when there is no racing it would make a big difference.

I don’t know the fascination with the flags I imagine if I was a race fan they would piss me off as well as they must get in the way for viewing the stock cars as well.

2 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Well now you can watch for free via the wall that part collapsed behind the terracing.

Speaking of the terracing any chance we could get that red flag tied up or removed that gets in the way a fair bit.

Aye there have been a few young guys doing that😀

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Quite a lot of the young team came along to support us against Kelty because of the local rivalry. Don't see them at other games though. Almost a stand off with some of them and the Kelty kids as they were walking away from the ground.

5 minutes ago, PELE said:

Quite a lot of the young team came along to support us against Kelty because of the local rivalry. Don't see them at other games though. Almost a stand off with some of them and the Kelty kids as they were walking away from the ground.

The new YMC😀