COWDENBEATH 2021-22

It certainly is a tough ask to get off the bottom spot. 9 points behind Rovers who have played a game less and have a far better goal difference.

So really we need 4 wins just to get above them, no mean feat as we have managed only 3 wins in 21 games so a remarkable turn around would be required.

We also haven't had back to back league wins since October 19 when a run of 6 wins in a row came to an end.

The same would be required to catch Elgin although you don't know what's going to happen to their players at their SFA hearings.

We're in the play-offs now but all is not lost.  We need to see how the new signings fit in but we just need to try and get a system and momentum in place for Bonnyrigg or Fraserburgh.  It's mad that we're so far behind everybody when we very rarely get totally dominated in a match. 

I like Maurice Ross.  He seems to be very driven and from my limited chat with him he seems to be aware of exactly what needs changed to try and improve things.  

Watch us beat Albion 3-0 on Saturday and we all get that false hope....

27 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Can’t see it this time. Our only chance is finishing 9th.
Last week I had high hopes that we had finally got things sorted. But losing again so soon after a really good performance is so disappointing.

Aye it was disappointing on Saturday after the performance at Stenny.

Suppose Stranraer were a better opponent but I was still hopeful of getting a point as the match went on.

37 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Can’t see it this time. Our only chance is finishing 9th.
Last week I had high hopes that we had finally got things sorted. But losing again so soon after a really good performance is so disappointing.

So you cant see us winning the play off  but reckon our only hope is finishing 9th?. That's a strange comment.. we would need to win a good few games to finish 9th.

I'm confident the team will be well prepared should we need to stay up via the play offs. I dont want to go through it all again as it's the nerviest of 2 games ever and it will be small margins in those games. We  now need to be on the right side of small margins in games as this season we have been unlucky in a lot of games.

If we win Saturday we will have won 2 out of 3 games I would say that's encouraging and same ratio for rest of season would see us stay up. All ifs and buts nows the time to look forward only.

So you cant see us winning the play off  but reckon our only hope is finishing 9th?. That's a strange comment.. we would need to win a good few games to finish 9th.
I'm confident the team will be well prepared should we need to stay up via the play offs. I dont want to go through it all again as it's the nerviest of 2 games ever and it will be small margins in those games. We  now need to be on the right side of small margins in games as this season we have been unlucky in a lot of games.
If we win Saturday we will have won 2 out of 3 games I would say that's encouraging and same ratio for rest of season would see us stay up. All ifs and buts nows the time to look forward only.

It’s only because I think the winner of the Lowland league will be stronger than the teams near the bottom of league 2. If we can just get a wee run going and win a few games what a difference that would make.

Does anyone know the ticket situation for Albion on Saturday, can’t find information anywhere on either club’s website?

With the crowd restrictions lifted, guessing it will be pay at the gate.

Was at Ochilview previous weekend and used the Fanbase app which is really easy for buying in advance, not sure if Rovers use that.

8 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Does anyone know the ticket situation for Albion on Saturday, can’t find information anywhere on either club’s website?

Was at Ochilview previous weekend and used the Fanbase app which is really easy for buying in advance, not sure if Rovers use that.

There was pay at the gate for their last home game so I imagine it'll be the same for Saturday.

20 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Think it will just be back to pay on the gate now the restrictions have been lifted. Don't think Rovers were ever on fanbase which is quite handy.

I am still hopeful that we will avoid the play off, but we must win on Saturday and really have to go on a winning run. It is possible, we just need to take our chances. Hopefully Carty starts on Saturday with Liam and he hits the ground running. Just wish the team showed as much confidence as the manager does.

If we don't improve any, then I am not at all confident that we could win the play off. I think it will be Bonnyrigg in the final and they would beat us by 2 or 3 over the 2 legs if it were played now.

Any news on Barrowman?

25 minutes ago, PELE said:

I am still hopeful that we will avoid the play off, but we must win on Saturday and really have to go on a winning run. It is possible, we just need to take our chances. Hopefully Carty starts on Saturday with Liam and he hits the ground running. Just wish the team showed as much confidence as the manager does.

If we don't improve any, then I am not at all confident that we could win the play off. I think it will be Bonnyrigg in the final and they would beat us by 2 or 3 over the 2 legs if it were played now.

Any news on Barrowman?

Sure the manager mentioned that Barrowman would be back this week.

2 hours ago, therewasacoo said:

I’m think the manager said in his interview  that barrowman would be ready for next week but I’m not exactly sure.

anyone know when the game vs kelty is getting rescheduled to I seen it was meant to be announced today 

It's on the Kelty fixture list as Monday 28th February. If that's correct, then we would play them twice in 6 days.

I see our last two fixtures are against Elgin and Albion Rovers. Let's hope we are still in the mix by then and let's hope the Albion Rovers match is not our last as a league 2 team.

It’s extremely unlikely that Cowden can pull back a 9 point deficit and a very negative goal difference at this stage of the season. It would require an amazing change in our results and the complete collapse of another team. 
Having watched the live stream of the game on Saturday you can see that we are more competitive and organised now and we have more attacking options on the bench. 
While the points are still there to chase then I’m sure the team and management will give it 100% effort. The most important thing is to have a team with belief and confidence and some good results under their belt from now until the end of the season. We are definitely up against it but we ain’t done yet by a long chalk.