COWDENBEATH 2021-22

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

3 goals in 10 games as an attacking midfielder, can also play 2nd striker, could be a good replacement for Renton.

Bangor got suspended by the Welsh FA from playing in November so thats why he won’t have played that much.

1 minute ago, Kelheart said:

Played for Bangor city 2nd tier of Welsh football equivalent of east of Scotland imo 

Not too sure about the standards apart from watching their top league games on Welsh channel 4.

Their mostly part time apart from the top 2 or so.

Bangor got demoted after being deducted 42 points a few years ago.

The guy was at Havant & Waterlooville of the National League a few years back.

9 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Yeah know Bangors had a fall from grace mate,Got relatives in Colwyn bay so took in a few games over the years , bit of rivalry between the two 😂, defo like top end East of Scotland /bottom LL standards I’d say mate 

They probably are the top league is probably like our L1 and 2 going by what I’ve seen.

1st half we showed more determination and effort than we used to under Bollan and actually pressed Stranraer, rather than sit back. Much better. However, second half we were poor and didn't look like we would even come close to scoring. Should have put away the 1st half chances, but then our strikers were sitting on the bench. Maybe Liam and the new guy Carty are not fully fit, not sure, but why bring them on so late when our biggest problem is not converting chances? Maybe Ross was fooled into thinking that Robbie and Bobby would score again this week. They aren't strikers and waste too many chances.

Bobby Barr is done. Useless. Nobody will change my mind on that matter.

I'm absolutely scunnered at that today. No idea what the penalty was for but the referee was blowing before the guy even hit the deck.

We're our own worst enemy though. Coupled with yet more incredibly shite officiating is not a good mix. I actually can't believe the linesman didn't give/see the handball around 15 minutes before the eventual penalty. Laughable, pathetic and inept. 

I really hope we can somehow find something in the playoffs. We'll need Cove-esque luck.

Well, that's that. Didn't want to jinx it by saying so beforehand but I felt that this was a really pivotal game. Win and the team's above us might start getting nervous but there was nothing in that performance to worry them. I lost count of how many times we simply gave the ball away, including from all of our throw ins. The draw would have been a fair result but somehow you knew what did happen was going to happen. What has happened to the controlled possession football we played in our  first few games under Ross? This new striker will need to be a combination of Joe Jordan and Alan Shearer to  get us out of this.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Well, that's that. Didn't want to jinx it by saying so beforehand but I felt that this was a really pivotal game. Win and the team's above us might start getting nervous but there was nothing in that performance to worry them. I lost count of how many times we simply gave the ball away, including from all of our throw ins. The draw would have been a fair result but somehow you knew what did happen was going to happen. What has happened to the controlled possession football we played in our  first few games under Ross? This new striker will need to be a combination of Joe Jordan and Alan Shearer to  get us out of this.

Same here. I thought this was a match we needed to win to give us a chance of catching the teams just above us, especially as we play Albion Rovers next week. We are going to have to win the next four or five on the trot just to get back in the mix. Unlikely, but possible. With the exception of Kelty, the other teams in the league are poor. It's not like there is a massive gap in quality. We need to take our chances when we get them. If we are going to play 3-4-3, I would rather have Swann, Buchanan (Liam) and Carty upfront. Play Coulson in midfield.

Agree 100%. Humping the ball up to our little strikers was a joke.
Stranraer’s big centre half won every high ball without even having to jump ( if only Renton had been playing) Throw in’s have been a problem for a while usually ending up with the opposition coming away with the ball. The less said about the keeper’s kicking the better.
All basic stuff.
After that today how on earth are we going to get out of this mess? We weren’t even playing against one of the better teams.

Like already mentioned a win today would have put a bit of pressure on Rovers for next week.

Never really thought we would win but perhaps get a draw.

First half chances for both sides with us having a great opportunity to take the lead before the break.

Second half a big strong Stranraer side the better team and the should have got a second after the penalty.

At the time I thought it was a pen but speaking to our photographer he thought it wasn’t.

On the positive side I win £120 on the 50/50 draw 😀😎

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Like already mentioned a win today would have put a bit of pressure on Rovers for next week.

Never really thought we would win but perhaps get a draw.

First half chances for both sides with us having a great opportunity to take the lead before the break.

Second half a big strong Stranraer side the better team and the should have got a second after the penalty.

At the time I thought it was a pen but speaking to our photographer he thought it wasn’t.

Those extra tickets must have added about £20 to the total. Well done.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Fix!

Put it back, Cowdenbeath lad, you know you want to!

Last time I won a half time draw it was at Coupar Angus FC about eight years ago. It was a fiver. I gave it back to them in generosity.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Fix!

Last time I won a half time draw it was at Coupar Angus FC about eight years ago. It was a fiver. I gave it back to them in generosity.

What you bought and extra couple of pies😀

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Fix!

I won it before at friendly games but the last time I won at a league game was either against the Shire or Rovers in a mid week game in the 90s, the prize was in double figures.

Also won it at Montrose and got £82.50

Tough loss yesterday. Did we deserve to win no. We didnt deserve to lose either. The game was a tactical battle really and trying to limit stranraers strengths meanwhile playing our game in certain areas of the pitch. We weren't quite at it unfortunately. The penalty I cant comment as genuinely didnt see it. 

The thing for me is we are getting real bad luck or kicks in the teeth constantly when its tight games or tight decisions. We just have to hope that turns.

9 points behind is a big ask hence why next ssturday is possibly the biggest game in a long long time. It wont be pretty it will be a horrible game most likely decided by a decision a deflection or a piece of luck. I have confidence the boys will give their all as they normally do.

Have faith and any fan going next week must get behind them. Every little corner or throw in or tackle give it encouragement it will fire the players up more. 

It's not too late albeit understand only 14 or 15 games left. I think win next week and its game on I have belief in the squad to put wins together or scrap a point here and there and close some gaps to take it right down to a final game..