COWDENBEATH 2021-22

2 hours ago, big al said:

I’m sure I heard the tannoy say Coulson came on near the end when we were leaving. 
He can’t rate him much if he starts Bobby Barr in a forward role before him. Been a while since I have seen a forward look so lost in the role. 
To be  honest the first 20 the whole team were a shambles. 
Once the new boy went off injured and Liam came on they started to grow in to the game for a while. 

Aye Coulston came on after the 3rd goal.

14 hours ago, Steven W said:

Took this game in as a neutral. The ref had a lot to contend with and definitely got some wrong, but I thought he got the key decisions right (both pens, the red card, Cowden's goal (although I was surprised he gave it) and presumably the penalty re-take).

I thought despite being so far adrift at the bottom and given today's result Cowden were decent, but just seemed intent on shooting themselves in the foot.

Meant to say - At the second penalty the Cowdenbeath keeper was still in a state of rage at seeing his earlier save discounted. Despite having picked up a booking seconds earlier for arguing with the ref, he seemed to be hell bent on mimicking his captain and getting another yellow. Not sure if anyone noticed but I'm convinced that as he retrieved the ball from the net, still in mid-rage, his kick up the park towards the centre circle was full of venom and looked to me to be very much aimed at the ref. 

17 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Meant to say - At the second penalty the Cowdenbeath keeper was still in a state of rage at seeing his earlier save discounted. Despite having picked up a booking seconds earlier for arguing with the ref, he seemed to be hell bent on mimicking his captain and getting another yellow. Not sure if anyone noticed but I'm convinced that as he retrieved the ball from the net, still in mid-rage, his kick up the park towards the centre circle was full of venom and looked to me to be very much aimed at the ref. 

Never noticed his kick up after the spot kick.

33 minutes ago, Steven W said:

As accurate as the shooting at the other end then? 🤣🤣

If McGurn had aimed his kick at the ref, he would have hit him. Most accurate fielder of a ball in lower league football.

I believe Cowdenbeath usually produce a (very good) match programme.

I never saw any for sale on Saturday (granted I was a minute or two late getting in) but did see a chap with what looked one in his hand.

In short, anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Saturday's programme (assuming there was one)?

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

I never saw any for sale on Saturday (granted I was a minute or two late getting in) but did see a chap with what looked one in his hand.

In short, anyone know where I can pick up a copy of Saturday's programme (assuming there was one)?

Have to be in sharp mate. They usually sell out. 
Was there an online version for a while? Maybe try the website.

On 09/01/2022 at 11:42, Steven W said:

He did well to refrain from landing the nut on the cheating wee f@ck.

13 hours ago, Steven W said:

I get one every home game but don't tend to read it.  If you want mine and donate as per the FB post below and PM me your address and proof of payment, I'll send it to you.

Don't miss your copy of Cowdenbeath FC's award winning match programme - The Blue Brazilian - at each home match this season. Our 12th issue of 2021/22 is available now and will be on sale at Saturday's match v Annan Athletic FC in the SPFL Cinch League 2. The 48 page full colour edition of our programme will be on sale at the ground priced £3.
Issue 12 includes articles and features such as – Reflections on deflections; The Menzies Family - from Ming to the Bunnet; Cowdenbeath v Celtic League Cup quarter final 1959 in words and pictures; Kick off with Maurice Ross; 50 years ago - New Year draws and drama; Everyone's A Winner; Tactics - the Numbers Game begins; The year that's awa' - review of 2021; Conquering Fifers of 1906; The Story of the Ballon D'Or - Cruyff Turns and the Eastern Bloc; Kingdom Gone - Netherton Recreation; From All in the Game to When Saturday Comes; Cowdenbeath 999 - The story of the Cowdenbeath Ambulance Service; Track Record on Tayside; Paper View; The Bulgarian Dream Team; Plaudits & Brickbats; Ask the anorak - Maverick and a Hat Trick of Headers; This week in 1967; Better than a Sook at an Orange (the half time quiz) and much much more.
Copies can alternatively be obtained by making a donation of £3 (purchase price) plus p&p of £2 = £5 - via the Club 135 donation button on the club website - or contact us by Facebook message or by email office@cowdenbeathfc.com and we will provide bank account details for electronic transfer of funds in payment.

10 hours ago, wulliemc said:

I get one every home game but don't tend to read it.  If you want mine and donate as per the FB post below and PM me your address and proof of payment, I'll send it to you.

Don't miss your copy of Cowdenbeath FC's award winning match programme - The Blue Brazilian - at each home match this season. Our 12th issue of 2021/22 is available now and will be on sale at Saturday's match v Annan Athletic FC in the SPFL Cinch League 2. The 48 page full colour edition of our programme will be on sale at the ground priced £3.
Issue 12 includes articles and features such as – Reflections on deflections; The Menzies Family - from Ming to the Bunnet; Cowdenbeath v Celtic League Cup quarter final 1959 in words and pictures; Kick off with Maurice Ross; 50 years ago - New Year draws and drama; Everyone's A Winner; Tactics - the Numbers Game begins; The year that's awa' - review of 2021; Conquering Fifers of 1906; The Story of the Ballon D'Or - Cruyff Turns and the Eastern Bloc; Kingdom Gone - Netherton Recreation; From All in the Game to When Saturday Comes; Cowdenbeath 999 - The story of the Cowdenbeath Ambulance Service; Track Record on Tayside; Paper View; The Bulgarian Dream Team; Plaudits & Brickbats; Ask the anorak - Maverick and a Hat Trick of Headers; This week in 1967; Better than a Sook at an Orange (the half time quiz) and much much more.
Copies can alternatively be obtained by making a donation of £3 (purchase price) plus p&p of £2 = £5 - via the Club 135 donation button on the club website - or contact us by Facebook message or by email office@cowdenbeathfc.com and we will provide bank account details for electronic transfer of funds in payment.

Thanks for that offer, but I'll leave it. Not wanting to impinge on your own collection.

Thanks again though 👍

32 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Lost 2-1 to Rangers B last night in a bounce match.  Haven't seen the team sheet for us.

If I was being cynical I would say that a practice for next years league games.

Hopefully it was a team with a good few trialists in it for the manager to look over.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

If I was being cynical I would say that a practice for next years league games.

Hopefully it was a team with a good few trialists in it for the manager to look over.

Wonder if MR has tried to get a few of the Rangers B team in on loan for the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, therewasacoo said:

We have signed st Johnstone defender Sam Denham on loan until the end of the season 

The only thing I know about him is that he's committed - he played for Brechin just a few hours after being in a car crash...and scored.

Hopefully he's better than the last loan player we got from St Johnstone - Olly Hamilton *shivers*