COWDENBEATH 2021-22

20 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Massive turnaround required. Dont look to far ahead is my motto. Play each game and if we gain points on any teams each game gr8. Our last 2 games are elgin and albion. I would happily take being 3 points behind with 2 games to go.

Biggest issue for us recently is literally everything and I mean everything has gone against us. Draw 0-0 at home with a perfect legitimate goal in injury time. No person can say otherwise. Following week albion score a last min goal to wi  3 pts. Elgin score a last min goal to grab a point when losing 2 nil at one point. Elgin last game score in 93rd min to win 3 points.

These are things that are huge and we need to make that shift happen somehow.

New signings are incoming. We should never have lost the edinburgh game at home so that was another wee punch in the stanes.

Get behind the lads every game. If we finish bottom then hopefully that will b finishing bottom with putting up a huge fight and comeback eg too little too late rather than being miles behind and having to go in low on confidence. 

If we did end up in play off nothing to fear from bonnyrigg rose or fraservurgh or whomever we WILL be a better team by that point 100%.

The worst case scenario is going into a play off with a settled team and a wee bit of form.

I looked at the pre Christmas issue of our programme and it was 7 behind.
Eitherway we need a Dumbo style start to 2022.
All the clubs above us seem to take points off each other so if we had a run could make in roads.
Still a tough task though very much depends on who comes in.
The Lino at the Accies game was Lorraine Clark ,  now Watson, a Fifer.
Boy who was sent off was Andy Ryan.
Great day that only about 50 or 60 Cowden fans there to witness it.

Think we are saying the same thing. They were 7 behind on 5 points. After 18 games they were level with games in hand.

I was at Hamilton that day it was superb. I remember it was a female ljno. Hamilton posters said we made more noise that day than most visitors all season.

27 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Think we are saying the same thing. They were 7 behind on 5 points. After 18 games they were level with games in hand.

I was at Hamilton that day it was superb. I remember it was a female ljno. Hamilton posters said we made more noise that day than most visitors all season.

Aye they were behind games on that date I was looking at what they had before their run.

They had loads of games off due to waterlogged pitches.

30 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Think it made it better it was just the die hards there that day made it really special.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I looked at the pre Christmas issue of our programme and it was 7 behind.

Eitherway we need a Dumbo style start to 2022.

All the clubs above us seem to take points off each other so if we had a run could make in roads.

Still a tough task though very much depends on who comes in.

The Lino at the Accies game was Lorraine Clark ,  now Watson, a Fifer.

Boy who was sent off was Andy Ryan.

Great day that only about 50 or 60 Cowden fans there to witness it.

Lorraine's doing Forfar v Stranraer on Saturday and you're more likely to catch Stranraer than Forfar so if she gives the Loons a dodgy penalty you'll know she's a secret Blue Brazilian :lol:

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Has Keltydaft been on the phone passing on words of wisdom? 😆

There is a statement in this weeks programme regarding the covid problem. The lateral flow tests were done before training on Friday which was then cancelled when the results were found.

So a pile of pish about us having plenty of time to draft in replacement emergency loans.

There is a statement in this weeks programme regarding the covid problem. The lateral flow tests were done before training on Friday which was then cancelled when the results were found.
So a pile of pish about us having plenty of time to draft in replacement emergency loans.
Let's not be bringing in hard fact to this.

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
50 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Let's not be bringing in hard fact to this.

Aye the truth has no place in this day and age.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Can’t we get someone in on loan from another club to cover the game, after all we have a few days to sort it out😀

Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds II: Cowdenbeath v Annan Athletic. 

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Asked this a few times, so far no news.

The manager says in this weeks Central Fife Times he's looking at bringing in 4 players so the club must be working on this. Just have to have patience on this.

On 03/01/2022 at 20:10, NELLY 1 said:

Massive turnaround required. Dont look to far ahead is my motto. Play each game and if we gain points on any teams each game gr8. Our last 2 games are elgin and albion. I would happily take being 3 points behind with 2 games to go.

Biggest issue for us recently is literally everything and I mean everything has gone against us. Draw 0-0 at home with a perfect legitimate goal in injury time. No person can say otherwise. Following week albion score a last min goal to wi  3 pts. Elgin score a last min goal to grab a point when losing 2 nil at one point. Elgin last game score in 93rd min to win 3 points.

These are things that are huge and we need to make that shift happen somehow.

New signings are incoming. We should never have lost the edinburgh game at home so that was another wee punch in the stanes.

Get behind the lads every game. If we finish bottom then hopefully that will b finishing bottom with putting up a huge fight and comeback eg too little too late rather than being miles behind and having to go in low on confidence. 

If we did end up in play off nothing to fear from bonnyrigg rose or fraservurgh or whomever we WILL be a better team by that point 100%.

The season before we went to Championship we won 9 of our last 10 for our Great Escape. However free fall in the last 4 years. 

Unfortunately it had to happen for us to take stock of situation; all bar two of the previous committee kicked out and replaced with new ideas and energy. Successful share issue almost complete.

When at bottom of lg2 we always felt hard done by and then it was over (lets not get into our old chairman's attempts at keeping us in Lg2). I am talking on pitch and in a crucial game v Kelty we had a young loanee send off and that was that.

It may take a few years to come out of HL but we are laying the foundations.

And I would not underestimate Fraserburgh - they are grafters and if nothing else battle there way in Lg2. Although not sure they are bothered about that,