COWDENBEATH 2021-22

31 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I watched the stream tonight to see Quin Coulson and Dave McKay, both had good games.

You guys need to catch a break in the January window as I fear I may be at a third pyramid play-off featuring yourselves.

I thought Quinn had a poor game tonight. Wanted to much time on the ball and decision making not the best. Still a talented player and games will only help his development.

Deserved something from the game. Should have got something before half time and only team likely to score when it went 1-1.

Crazy second goal to lose. The corner came from an error and then we switched off.

Lots of positives. I thought Robbie Buchanan had a good game but in desperate need of a few new recruits. 

Disappointed with a few shouts at manager. He has been left with the shambles. As mentioned many times, the signing of a squad that finished 2nd bottom was crazy!

"Edinburgh were that little bit stronger and sturdier I felt especially defensively"

Dearie me Neilly old chap, having watched our colander like defence all season you really, really need a striker.

I thought (and not just me) that Cowden were worthy of at least a point. You just don't get the breaks when you're at the bottom unfortunately.

Last two games on paper we should have been looking at 4-6 points if we were going to salvage anything.

The way the games have panned out it’s 5 points dropped and feel he’s building a team now for 2 games at the end of the season.

Surprised Miller came off at half time tonight thought he was on one of his better games trying to support the attack. Just proved that Hutton is done.

Was sceptical of Todd when he was first signed but he played within his limitations and was pretty solid. This season he has been a bomb scare.

Been a big supporter of Swann but this and Stranraer game say Coulson deserves it more than him. Such a waste of talent.

Doesn’t matter how much of the game you have if you are powder puff in front of goal you don’t win, you might not always lose but you defo don’t win.

City got two goals out of a really hard working and tenacious no 26 tonight with a MOM performance and a free header from a corner that came from shit communication at the back.

Plenty of things that can be sorted but might be 10 points adrift in 10 days time.

A midfielder and a forward and a lot of luck required.

Managed to take in the last couple of games, in summary we are a poor side but we aren’t drastically poorer than the sides we played/around us.

There’s a real lack of pace in the whole side and physicality at the top end. The front three are very samey but, certainly last night, they caused problems and created chances.

Two points out of the two games would have been fair. Six could have been achieved but it’s just not going for us, we end up with one which isn’t enough. This league is tight as f**k, in terms of quality, and two or three good signings can make a difference. We can absolutely get out of this but it has to start with 3 points against Annan, we are running out of time.

Even if we do finish bottom, it’s not going to be against some team throwing ridiculous money at it so positivity will be key.

We're certainly moving the ball about a lot better and retaining possession well. Tackling is very good, discipline looks much improved and the keepers kicking doesn't go straight out for a throw any more.

Just need to get the ball in the back of the net now.

If we were further up the league I would be pleased with the way we are playing. However, it’s getting really serious now and we no longer have to be as good as other teams, we have to be much better. Yet again we lost to a poor side ( no disrespect to EC)
Fingers crossed something changes for us.
Otherwise, all the Best to fans, players and officials of Cowdenbeath Football Club.
Stay well.

28 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If we were further up the league I would be pleased with the way we are playing. However, it’s getting really serious now and we no longer have to be as good as other teams, we have to be much better. Yet again we lost to a poor side ( no disrespect to EC)
Fingers crossed something changes for us.
Otherwise, all the Best to fans, players and officials of Cowdenbeath Football Club.
Stay well.

I really wish that we had Maurice Ross in earlier.

He has improved things vastly but we still lack a cutting edge.

20 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

A map for lowland league grounds ?

I'll actually be sorry to see Cowdenbeath go at the end of the season, as seems inevitable.

I was at the last play-off game with East Kilbride a few years ago, and was pleased when Cowden won the shoot out to stay up! 👍

However,  Since then though nothing has improved! 

Granted  there's finally a new manager, but keeping this current team they won't even challenge in the Lowland League next season!

There needs to be a big overhaul of the playing squad to compete with Bonnyrigg (If they don't come up), East Kilbride and Spartans.

I'm sure Mo Ross though WILL change this up and hope Cowden can win enough games to overtake either Albion or Elgin.

28 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I'll actually be sorry to see Cowdenbeath go at the end of the season, as seems inevitable.

I was at the last play-off game with East Kilbride a few years ago, and was pleased when Cowden won the shoot out to stay up! 👍

However,  Since then though nothing has improved! 

Granted  there's finally a new manager, but keeping this current team they won't even challenge in the Lowland League next season!

There needs to be a big overhaul of the playing squad to compete with Bonnyrigg (If they don't come up), East Kilbride and Spartans.

I'm sure Mo Ross though WILL change this up and hope Cowden can win enough games to overtake either Albion or Elgin.

All down to what changes we make in the window.

Your right after a few half decent seasons we have gone full circle.

All the previous basket case clubs like Shire, Berwick and Brechin have gone now and everyone is spending a decent amount of money just to stay where they are.

The Lowland League would be hard with the amount of sugar daddy clubs there.

City got out of it at the right time.

Edited by cowdenbeath

All down to what changes we make in the window.
Your right after a few half decent seasons we have gone full circle.
All the previous basket case clubs like Shire, Berwick and Brechin have gone now and everyone is spending a decent amount of money just to stay where they are.
The Lowland League would be hard with the amount of sugar daddy clubs there.
City got out of it at the right time.

Wouldn’t fancy our chances against Bonnyrigg. That could change with a few decent loans that gets us out of this mess.