COWDENBEATH 2021-22

The game was a poor opening 45 mins with 2 crappy goals. One of which was a heavy deflection. We had 2 very very good chances 2nd half as well as half chances and decent opportunities to create in final 3rd.

Stranraer were ok and managed the game well really at 2 nil up.

Manager made a change at half time and again it did improve us. So that's 2 weeks in a row which is good to see.

The pitch was heavy and will have took a toll on the legs of both players. The manager has identified some players for improving the squad in January (per the shareholders meeting on Monday)

He was very clear in his thoughts on the club and how we progress and that was impressive. We just need to try keep plugging away and try to close the gap over next 2 games.

Then come january hopefully some new signings can improve the squad and improve results.

Mon the cowden

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

Could have won. Disappointed to miss another penalty and the disallowed goal at the end is a tad frustrating.

Aye, we could have. Cammy made some fine saves. It worries me that despite seeming to be playing a 4-3-3ish we create very, very little up front. Most of the few chances we create is from folk joining in late in the play from other areas of the park.

1 minute ago, ronaldincoo said:

Aye, we could have. Cammy made some fine saves. It worries me that despite seeming to be playing a 4-3-3ish we create very, very little up front. Most of the few chances we create is from folk joining in late in the play from other areas of the park.

Things should get better once the window opens a few new players should be in.

Should have won that the better team overall.

Rovers more of a threat in the second half but Gill done what was needed.

Penalty was a poor effort, don’t know if Liam is lacking confidence after not scoring for a while or he was put off with the keeper pissing about for a while.

Spoke to our media man who watched the video of the disallowed goal back and said there was no contact on the keeper.

Still happy the way things have gone under Maurice at least we are creating chances that we never did before.

I said go into touching distance of second bottom until the window reopens the right results in the midweek games could determine this.

Decent game, especially the 2nd half, Rovers had a couple of really good chances but couldn't take them.

Thought we played well and the tackling was excellent.

Lino was a joke on the terracing side.

Will be interesting to watch it back and see if there should have been a 2nd penalty as from where I was standing it looked a stonewalling. Similarly the chalked off goal.

Both teams could have, and probably should have, scored but it was an enjoyable game, think we were the better side overall and we are definitely getting there, it's clear where we need immediate improvement so let's keep in touch with the teams just above us and hopefully we'll be ok.

Decent game, especially the 2nd half, Rovers had a couple of really good chances but couldn't take them.

Thought we played well and the tackling was excellent.

Lino was a joke on the terracing side.

Will be interesting to watch it back and see if there should have been a 2nd penalty as from where I was standing it looked a stonewalling. Similarly the chalked off goal.

Both teams could have, and probably should have, scored but it was an enjoyable game, think we were the better side overall and we are definitely getting there, it's clear where we need immediate improvement so let's keep in touch with the teams just above us and hopefully we'll be ok.
Thought we were due one after the tackle on mango? But If our handball penalty was one then they should have had one of toddy. Its been a while since my heart has stopped at a game but that done it

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Things should get better once the window opens a few new players should be in.

Should have won that the better team overall.

Rovers more of a threat in the second half but Gill done what was needed.

Penalty was a poor effort, don’t know if Liam is lacking confidence after not scoring for a while or he was put off with the keeper pissing about for a while.

Spoke to our media man who watched the video of the disallowed goal back and said there was no contact on the keeper.

Still happy the way things have gone under Maurice at least we are creating chances that we never did before.

I said go into touching distance of second bottom until the window reopens the right results in the midweek games could determine this.

Can I just say we were in control of 90 percent of that game. Granted albion had 2 very good chances. But our discipline and structure meant we were so well organised and structured that I was confident we wouldnt  lose. The linesman bottled it last minute

Edited by NELLY 1

7 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

Can I just say we were in control of 90 percent of that game. Granted albion had 2 very good chances. But our discipline and structure meant we were so well organised and structured that I was confident we wouldnt  lose. The linesman bottled it last minute

Aye it nice to now have a struture.

9 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just watched for the manager’s after match interview. He really does seem a nice guy. Hopefully all goes well for him at Cowdenbeath he has a big job on his hands.
Any news on Renton? He is a huge miss.

The manager does do a good interview with a good review of what has happened.

One more game until he can start to mould his own squad.