COWDENBEATH 2021-22

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe I am but at least I’ve seen my side lift 2 championship trophies during my life time how much have you seen Stenny lift.

All in the past though don’t see what’s wrong about worrying about your club’s future.

Let him have his big moment. Stenny have just win a couple of games, pretty much the highlight of his lifetime.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I just really worry about what will happen if the worst comes to the worst come May.

The clubs been a huge part of my life, maybe too huge.

Suppose it’s just the way of the world now.

It's hard to kill a club off- those that have gone in recent years have mostly been down to the capricious will of some chancer owner: Meadowbank, Clydebank, Gretna. Say what you will of Mr Findlay, his heart is in the right place.

I admit I did fear for the Shire when we relegated them but they're happily puttering along in the LL as are Berwick. Cowdenbeath is a big enough town to support a reasonably sized club. Even if the stock cars kicked you out if you were relegated(and why would they when an additional income is guaranteed) you could always share with Kelty or the Albert. It's not as if Fife is a city where land is at a premium and the Council only cares about students or tourists...

55 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

You boys looked better when bollan was in charge and that’s saying something

There was nothing between the teams until the last 10mins.

Btw, the Forfar fans are some of the most greeting faced individuals in football. Some of the reactions to decisions were comical.

Guest mr_malcolm
Btw, the Forfar fans are some of the most greeting faced individuals in football. Some of the reactions to decisions were comical.

What game were you watching ? The game was played in the cowden half

21 minutes ago, silkybeath said:

Three nil flattered the Loons but still deserved their victory.

As for the decisions and our reactions, if your numbers 5 and 6 fancy new career WWE awaits them, Marty Aitkens shirt is now two sizes too big after the amount of shirt pulling against him. The officials were poor.

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Three nil flattered the Loons but still deserved their victory.

As for the decisions and our reactions, if your numbers 5 and 6 fancy new career WWE awaits them, Marty Aitkens shirt is now two sizes too big after the amount of shirt pulling against him. The officials were poor.

One of your players lifted his hands to one of our players on the lead up to the corner right in front of ref. Things get missed both ways. 

Forfar fans were highly critical of team at half time. Strange from a game that was dominated??

Considering what Ross has to work with I thought we done alright in the most part.

Once the goal went in you knew that was that however.

Hopefully we can have some sort of overhaul in January.

I still can’t believe we ran with such a small squad this season.

Got to agree with my fellow fans Forfar have some amount of greeting face fans😀

I suppose the manager needs to see all the players in action before deciding on his best formation. Our possession football frustrated Forfar and kept them at arms length for most of the game. Once we were undone at the set piece the game was up, for we carry zero threat up front. Taking off both strikers when we were two nil down seemed a bit bonkers but the game was done by then

I suppose the manager needs to see all the players in action before deciding on his best formation. Our possession football frustrated Forfar and kept them at arms length for most of the game. Once we were undone at the set piece the game was up, for we carry zero threat up front. Taking off both strikers when we were two nil down seemed a bit bonkers but the game was done by then

The young lad missed a sitter in the first half, as he did against Elgin. Unfortunately he isn’t very good. Surely we can drag in someone who can help us out. In the past we’ve done well with loanees not now though.

It's a work in progress and some good improvements seen.  Thought Fraser Mullen had a really good game today.  Best player on the park was Slater the Forfar No 10.  Kris Renton is a big loss but the transfer window system means there isn't much you can do short term to remedy matters.  No point getting down about it - we need to work at it and pull together.  

It's a work in progress and some good improvements seen.  Thought Fraser Mullen had a really good game today.  Best player on the park was Slater the Forfar No 10.  Kris Renton is a big loss but the transfer window system means there isn't much you can do short term to remedy matters.  No point getting down about it - we need to work at it and pull together.  

Exactly. We will improve I have no doubt.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Aye the manager has to look at everyone.

Hopefully he can eventually get things going with a few additions hopefully December has some shit weather and we have a run of postponed games😀

Forfar have a decent squad and as you say for the most part we frustrated them.

Had a couple of decent chances in the first half with one cleared off the line but overall lacking up front.

3 hours ago, silkybeath said:

One of your players lifted his hands to one of our players on the lead up to the corner right in front of ref. Things get missed both ways. 

Forfar fans were highly critical of team at half time. Strange from a game that was dominated??

You’ve quoted me but at no point did I claim we dominated I only expressed the opinion that our victory was deserved.

As for the incident the at the corner, I was right beside it and your player raised his hands before and after Aitken did but don’t let facts get in the way. Our players were wrestled and pulled by your mob throughout.

The worry for me is that come January we will be so far adrift we won't be able to catch anyone up. As I said before, the teams above are taking points off each other. It is looking like a dogfight between us and Elgin now.