COWDENBEATH 2021-22

4 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

I understand peoples frustrations and pessimism currently however I put this to you all. The change has been made e.g new coach/manager he has had maybe 3 or 4 training sessions its nothing really. We had a good performance against kelty and didnt get the point we deserved. He has the players he has at his disposal until January.

I think we need to really try stop negativity and push towards some positivity really negative comments/shouts are pointless at this stage. All I have seen from Maurice is positive comments and working with what he has and trying to improve. 2 tough games we have had and a further one this saturday. A big December coming up with 3 out 4 at home. Have faith and get behind the players.

I genuinely believe 1 win can kickstart things. We lack goals that much is evident and im sure coaching team is working hard in their 2 sessions a week to remedy this.

If we can be within 5-6 points of 2nd bottom come January then still a LOT of games still to go we are a 3rd through the season with plenty points to play for. Confidence within the players will be low but im seeing lads who are trying and with a little bit of luck can grab that win soon.

I do feel however our fitness levels is not quite what it should be and I go back to the fact our squad is really only the same 12-13 players every week - our overall squad situation is not strong enough and we need more competition in key areas and I think this would be addressed come January. MAMMOTH few games coming up and positive vibes only is what is required.

Mone the Cowden

The manager gets my backing I just feel a bit sorry for him that he has inherited such an un balanced squad which is far too small to offer competition for places.

35 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

BBC Scotland - Sacked in the morning podcast has Craig Levein and Mixu chatting. Speak for a couple of minutes about their time at Cowden. 

It’s the present we should be bothering about not dwelling on the past,

We seem to spend more time looking back than going forwards.

30 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

So wrong thread for letting Cowdens fans know a couple of their former managers were chatting on a podcast?

4 hours ago, HenryHill said:

So wrong thread for letting Cowdens fans know a couple of their former managers were chatting on a podcast?

Thanks for that. Always good to hear things Cowden related. Unlike Mixu, Levein's time was not always successful (6 - 0 at Dumbarton) but history of a club is always a good listen/read.

Hopefully Ross is able to achieve success in the end like Levein did.

Good stories help at this current time.

1 minute ago, silkybeath said:

Thanks for that. Always good to hear things Cowden related. Unlike Mixu, Levein's time was not always successful (6 - 0 at Dumbarton) but history of a club is always a good listen/read.

Hopefully Ross is able to achieve success in the end like Levein did.

Good stories help at this current time.

Levein joined us when we were much about the same as we are now just that there was no trapdoor.

He turned the club around in so many ways and not just on the park he laid the foundations for what we were to achieve over the following decade after he moved on.

Mixu had a reasonable foundation to work on and made it better bringing in his brothers and other good players.

Managers with contrasting styles of play but both good for us. 

Hopefully Maurice can be as successful but getting away from the bottom and safety would be an early success story.

51 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I remember Levein in charge at Cowden- the BERNARD HUNTER CRANE HIRE era and regular jousts with Montrose to avoid a (no consequences) wooden spoon. Two awful teams back then to be fari but Cowden did pick up significantly.

That was the difference back then took CL about 3 years to make us a challenging side.

No such luxury now .

He really did turn us around got the BB lottery going which is still a good earner and revamped the youth set up which brought through a lot of decent players.

Even after he left he still done his bit by loaning us players from Hearts when he was there.

46 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

What a whopper you are

Maybe I am but at least I’ve seen my side lift 2 championship trophies during my life time how much have you seen Stenny lift.

All in the past though don’t see what’s wrong about worrying about your club’s future.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Maybe I’m just too much doom and gloom at times😀

Just really worried about the future, I suppose the current position makes you yearn for those days,

I think we are all aware that supporting a team like ours is often tough and like a lot of other small clubs the end is potentially not too far off. The reward of supporting such a club is being able to enjoy memories and joy that fans of larger more secure clubs might never experience. Mon the Cowden.

4 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

I think we are all aware that supporting a team like ours is often tough and like a lot of other small clubs the end is potentially not too far off. The reward of supporting such a club is being able to enjoy memories and joy that fans of larger more secure clubs might never experience. Mon the Cowden.

I just really worry about what will happen if the worst comes to the worst come May.

The clubs been a huge part of my life, maybe too huge.

Suppose it’s just the way of the world now.