COWDENBEATH 2021-22

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I love how whenever we change manager Colin Camerons name always comes up. Not for me thanks! 

It was very much tongue in cheek. He certainly wouldn't have been put into the 'approachable' bracket for me as well!

There will be options though. I imagine we'll have some guys nearing the end of their careers that will be looking to get into management and we'll also have guys that have been around the block a bit. Both come with risks. I'm just glad it'll not be Gary Bollan in charge now.

Results haven't shown it granted but you're far from being a 2020-21 Brechin. There's some good players there and Buchanan is a goal scorer which is always a useful thing to have.

Still a lot of the season to play and Kelty and Stirling apart (and a no great City got a draw with Stirling!) everyone is capable of beating everyone else.

It's important to get the right man in of course but City still have to play at Central Park where we're usually rotten...

18 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:
1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:
Where’s that? 
League tables don’t lie we deserve to be where we are on results so far.
Hopefully a change will give us a boost to move up the table.

We had a wee spelll as playoff challenges and a lot more as not seeing ourselves as being a 10th team... It took bollan for that in my opinion between him and nish it was a inevitable feeling of death and now we see us shouting for promotion again.... Or being around there. It was bollan that changed that regardless of the way it ended

Aye we had 2 decent seasons but the last 2 we have been play off contenders at the wrong end.

Midtable is an achievable target teams just above us arn’t great.

Depends who comes in I suppose.

As I said earlier I think we have too small a squad, we are lucky that it wasn’t 2 straight red cards today or we would be 2 players down for next week at Annan.

Aye we had 2 decent seasons but the last 2 we have been play off contenders at the wrong end.
As I said earlier I think we have too small a squad, we are lucky that it wasn’t 2 straight red cards today or we would be 2 players down for next week at Annan.
I'm not saying he's infallible but we went from a team just waiting on the inevitable drop to having a team that should be in the promotion race. He was the manager that did that and he's the manager that has us looking awful

Just now, sailorcowden said:
10 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I'm not saying he's infallible but we went from a team just waiting on the inevitable drop to having a team that should be in the promotion race. He was the manager that did that and he's the manager that has us looking awful

Aye he done well initially but went into decline don’t know what happened for such a decline.

Aye he done well initially but went into decline don’t know what happened for such a decline.
Here I'm just the angry specky boy that wanted him gone. And my specky dreams got answered but he took us from oblivion to expecting 3rd to 5th in the league

10 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:
27 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Here I'm just the angry specky boy that wanted him gone. And my specky dreams got answered but he took us from oblivion to expecting 3rd to 5th in the league

Make up your mind if you liked him or not😀

10 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Interested to know if Liam and Robbie are suspended for next League fixtures or for cup fixtures only.  A few players must also be close to Yellow card limits (Fraser Mullen?)

Both weren’t straight reds so they should be ok for Annan.

Thought Robbie was unlucky, tripped over and got up to play on it looked like. The CSS boys attempt to win a penalty was more of a dive in the first half and he didn’t get booked.

Would have had Robbie off before then though, he was having a poor game and was booked for a clumsy foul. That’s Bollan for you though, always reluctant to use the bench.

Liam Buchanan’s red is inexcusable. Just booked for arguing about Robbie’s sending off, a man of his experience should know a lot better than tackling like hat when on a yellow. Very poor decision making and killed and lingering chance of winning the game.

Edited by big al

16 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

The points regarding approachability are bang on. As much as I remember, Levein, Lennon, Paatelainen and Nicholl were all brilliant, even Nish, Locke/Brown came across as genuinely decent people.

What is Colin Cameron up to these days?

My pal seen him at Haymarket Station last night.

3 hours ago, big al said:

Thought Robbie was unlucky, tripped over and got up to play on it looked like. The CSS boys attempt to win a penalty was more of a dive in the first half and he didn’t get booked.

Would have had Robbie off before then though, he was having a poor game and was booked for a clumsy foul. That’s Bollan for you though, always reluctant to use the bench.

Liam Buchanan’s red is inexcusable. Just booked for arguing about Robbie’s sending off, a man of his experience should know a lot better than tackling like hat when on a yellow. Very poor decision making and killed and lingering chance of winning the game.

I'll have to look at Robbie's one again at first i thought he went down easy , but then he got up quickly and tried to carry on and didn't even appeal for a penalty, so maybe it was a slip. 

Liam's one was daft after just getting booked. Must be frustrating for the guy playing in a side on such a poor run after playing at a decent level.

The lack of subs was terrible , we're losing so leave Kris up front on his own! Why not put Mahady on may not have worked but at least he has the young legs to run at a defence.

You have to wonder why the ex manager signed some of the young boys - James Collins has hardly featured same with the Rovers duo - why sign them if you don't rate and play them. Waste of everyone's time.

Be interesting to see how Davie sets things up this week at Annan.