COWDENBEATH 2021-22

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

As you say he done well to keep us up and then got a 6th and 4th place, last season and the last few months this season have been terrible however.

I think part of the problem this season is a lack of squad depth mostly the same starting line up this season we became predictable and easy for other managers and players to suss us out.

Andy good points and I think we need to refelcy on the positives you mention and look to the future.

4 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Thank you for saving us Bollan and helping us stop thinking ourselves as bottom feeders. Time to move forward and get us back to where we should be emoji4.png

Where’s that? 
League tables don’t lie we deserve to be where we are on results so far.

Hopefully a change will give us a boost to move up the table.

1 hour ago, mr_malcolm said:

Surely that’s bollan finished with football. Mans a shite manager and a total p***k

I agree he’s a sh*te manager but I’ve been in his company both when he managed us and after and he’s actually a fine lad outside football.

Today was a disgrace and this departure has happened too late for me, he should have been gone after the Stenny game last week. We can be thankful for Gary keeping us in the league when he took over but let's be honest, we were fortunate in the Cove game in the end.

The football we've played in general has been utterly turgid under Bollan. I see a wee note in the statement regarding covid - every single club had to deal with this. We aren't unique when it comes to covid so using that as even a tiny excuse is totally null and void.

I don't know Gary as a person but I really do not like his demeanour, I never have even before he took charge. His scarce interviews come across as him being an arrogant sod which is backed up by various conversations I've had with some people who have crossed paths with him. The discipline record under him is nothing short of farcical as well albeit we did have Cox in our side for a period plus the walking yellow card that is Fraser Mullen.

All in all I am delighted to see him out (save me the 'I don't like seeing anyone lose their job' pish - the very future of our club is at stake) but the players absolutely need to take a big share of responsibility. We have some decent players underperforming my opinion - this may well be due to not being motivated/fed up of Bollan but they really do need to roll the sleeves up no matter who comes in. I stand by my opinion that this side should be nowhere near the bottom of the league. We have some good players and we have some poor players - to bring a couple of highly thought of boys on loan and barely play them is a joke too. They must be fed up and I can't imagine Raith will be too happy. Why bring loan players in and not play them?

I don't have a clue who is available but there is always someone out there looking who can make a difference. Who knows, maybe McGurn and Barr may do the trick? McGurn has been there and done it, highly respected and been around the club long enough to know what it's all about. Mango is a very intelligent guy who has been about a while too. He may well take to the increase in responsibility like a duck to water? I've no idea if management is something he'd have one eye on but I'm pretty sure he has a great relationship with all the current players.

At least there is plenty time to get out of this mess, today is up there with the lowest points in all my years following Cowden. By the time the 4th goal went in I think I wanted more to make sure the gaffer was given the bullet which isn't a feeling I've had before.

4 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Today was a disgrace and this departure has happened too late for me, he should have been gone after the Stenny game last week. We can be thankful for Gary keeping us in the league when he took over but let's be honest, we were fortunate in the Cove game in the end.

The football we've played in general has been utterly turgid under Bollan. I see a wee note in the statement regarding covid - every single club had to deal with this. We aren't unique when it comes to covid so using that as even a tiny excuse is totally null and void.

I don't know Gary as a person but I really do not like his demeanour, I never have even before he took charge. His scarce interviews come across as him being an arrogant sod which is backed up by various conversations I've had with some people who have crossed paths with him. The discipline record under him is nothing short of farcical as well albeit we did have Cox in our side for a period plus the walking yellow card that is Fraser Mullen.

All in all I am delighted to see him out (save me the 'I don't like seeing anyone lose their job' pish - the very future of our club is at stake) but the players absolutely need to take a big share of responsibility. We have some decent players underperforming my opinion - this may well be due to not being motivated/fed up of Bollan but they really do need to roll the sleeves up no matter who comes in. I stand by my opinion that this side should be nowhere near the bottom of the league. We have some good players and we have some poor players - to bring a couple of highly thought of boys on loan and barely play them is a joke too. They must be fed up and I can't imagine Raith will be too happy. Why bring loan players in and not play them?

I don't have a clue who is available but there is always someone out there looking who can make a difference. Who knows, maybe McGurn and Barr may do the trick? McGurn has been there and done it, highly respected and been around the club long enough to know what it's all about. Mango is a very intelligent guy who has been about a while too. He may well take to the increase in responsibility like a duck to water? I've no idea if management is something he'd have one eye on but I'm pretty sure he has a great relationship with all the current players.

At least there is plenty time to get out of this mess, today is up there with the lowest points in all my years following Cowden. By the time the 4th goal went in I think I wanted more to make sure the gaffer was given the bullet which isn't a feeling I've had before.

You make some valid points my friend.

The club has acted and in my opinion do so with the best intentions of the club. There is no guarantee a new manager will b thr saviour however what was evident is that change was required.

I'm fairly confident whomever the new manager is we can get out of the mess we are in.  The players need a new voice and in my opinion any team that has NO pace and literally I mean no pace in their attacking intent needs to b remedied. I'm actually thinkin the worst footballer in world but if he has pace sign him. Haha.

I also personally didnt like bollan as a figurehead of the club. I didnt get a good vibe from him. I thought his demeanor his attitude his discipline and ultimately performance was poor. I didnt get a warm inviting feeling from him like previous managers.  It's a big thing having an approachable manager for a small fan base club that's my opinion anyway

Good opportunity for the club to reset and review the direction we are headed as a club. 

Bollan no doubt helped stabilise the club during our free fall which I am grateful for and thankful he helped prevent us losing to Cove. 

When Bollan first took charge the make up of his team fought tooth and nail in games but sadly that has well and truly worn off and our current state of on field play/results is unacceptable. 

However its now time to move on and hopefully the next appointment will provide the club some much needed refreshment with energy, positivity and ambition. 

The next manager must be able to understand the importance of engaging with fans and the community at a small club at ours helping develop positive relationships and transparency. 

This is an opportunity for our club to rebuild and progress positively who ever the next appointment might be. 

26 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:

Thank you for saving us Bollan and helping us stop thinking ourselves as bottom feeders. Time to move forward and get us back to where we should be emoji4.png

As you will know, I have unashamedly have been calling out on Bollan's management for a long time now. I refuse to sugarcoat Bollan's tenure at the club. I do not accept that he personally saved us from relegation. The players on the pitch did - with the assistance of a debatable refereeing decision. Bollan's tactics, player selections and substitutions have proved to have been abysmal and I doubt whether many of my compadres will dissent from the view that Cowden have been a hard watch since Bollan took over and this year he has been supported by the board with additions which should have made the squad more than capable of challenging in what should have been a decent league campaign. He is gone and that is the right but this has been a tardy decision. I do not know who, on the board, has the final decision on  managerial appointments. The last one or two have been unfortunately not right for the club. I sincerely hope, this time, that they get the process and the decision right or relegation to non-league more than beckons.

3 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

The points regarding approachability are bang on. As much as I remember, Levein, Lennon, Paatelainen and Nicholl were all brilliant, even Nish, Locke/Brown came across as genuinely decent people.

What is Colin Cameron up to these days?

He’s up watching kelty

The decision of the manager will most likely come down to one man. However with input from the board  I think the board have been fantastic with their previous appointments on paper and I include bollan in that  I have trust in them. All I would ask is that fans really get behind 5he team next cpl games until sum1 appointed.

Also let's be positive in our mindset on and off the pitch no doom n gloom no excuses.

Where’s that? 
League tables don’t lie we deserve to be where we are on results so far.
Hopefully a change will give us a boost to move up the table.
We had a wee spelll as playoff challenges and a lot more as not seeing ourselves as being a 10th team... It took bollan for that in my opinion between him and nish it was a inevitable feeling of death and now we see us shouting for promotion again.... Or being around there. It was bollan that changed that regardless of the way it ended