COWDENBEATH 2021-22

22 minutes ago, big al said:

The cup game has got disaster written all over it.

Only about 3 places between the teams in the pyramid system points to a close game. Factor in that 1 team is devoid of confidence and not playing well, and the other is I presume picking up decent results fairly regularly, it’s not even a surprise if Cowden lose.

I didn’t think the Broxburn game a few years ago was a shock either. They totally outplayed Cowden at their patch and fully deserved the win.

Broxburn deserved to win the replay we should have been able to hold the lead in the closing stages of the first game. 

Can I add another angle to the Bollan debate here.

I love the Cowdenbeath programme and, for me, there's none better. But I've always noticed that the manager's notes usually take up less space than his picture and his communication with fans is virtually non-existent. 

Which makes me wonder, why, all of sudden, and for the first time I can remember - never mind this season - we are now treated to a page of Bollan's post-match comments after Saturday's defeat on the Cowden website.

Though all I can say is there's no wonder there's not much communication with supporters, or via his programme notes when, after reading that, his coaching methods essentially seem to be 'must try harder'. There's only so many times you can tell player that, Gary, before they stop listening. And if you're reading this by any chance, then surely you've been in the game long enough to realise that.

The one sensible thing he did say in that now rare glimpse into the world of Gary Bollan's post-match thoughts was that, with the team at his disposal, Cowden should be performing better. If they try harder.

I think even the teacher in Kes could motivate a team with words better than that pal.

Which leaves only one person culpable in my eyes.

Will Bollan have the dignity to step down from his position without that payout of his contract, and allow somebody else who can possibly get something more out of this team come in without it bankrupting the club.... before it's too late?

Or will he stubbornly hold on, with his only hope being that eventual pay-off for the last half-year of his contract, whilst Cowden go down the pan, as he watches on - devoid of ideas - from the sidelines?

Over to you, Donald...

[And please, if any Cowden fans think I'm talking out of term here.... feel free to shoot me down]

16 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Can I add another angle to the Bollan debate here.

I love the Cowdenbeath programme and, for me, there's none better. But I've always noticed that the manager's notes usually take up less space than his picture and his communication with fans is virtually non-existent. 

Which makes me wonder, why, all of sudden, and for the first time I can remember - never mind this season - we are now treated to a page of Bollan's post-match comments after Saturday's defeat on the Cowden website.

Though all I can say is there's no wonder there's not much communication with supporters, or via his programme notes when, after reading that, his coaching methods essentially seem to be 'must try harder'. There's only so many times you can tell player that, Gary, before they stop listening. And if you're reading this by any chance, then surely you've been in the game long enough to realise that.

The one sensible thing he did say in that now rare glimpse into the world of Gary Bollan's post-match thoughts was that, with the team at his disposal, Cowden should be performing better. If they try harder.

I think even the teacher in Kes could motivate a team with words better than that pal.

Which leaves only one person culpable in my eyes.

Will Bollan have the dignity to step down from his position without that payout of his contract, and allow somebody else who can possibly get something more out of this team come in without it bankrupting the club.... before it's too late?

Or will he stubbornly hold on, with his only hope being that eventual pay-off for the last half-year of his contract, whilst Cowden go down the pan, as he watches on - devoid of ideas - from the sidelines?

Over to you, Donald...

[And please, if any Cowden fans think I'm talking out of term here.... feel free to shoot me down]

I did find it baffling a little why there was after match comments when not a lot has been done previously. This could be down to volunteers needing to interview etc etc. However the positive is that at least he spoke out after the game. I just hope the trend continues for future matches win lose or draw.

If the programme editor just ghost writes the manager's pages (surely not, this never happens at other clubs.. :whistle ) then I'll buy him a pie next time I'm at Central Park if he reuses an old Terry Christie page from a Meadowbank programme... 

On 17/10/2021 at 19:07, big al said:

The cup game has got disaster written all over it.

Only about 3 places between the teams in the pyramid system points to a close game. Factor in that 1 team is devoid of confidence and not playing well, and the other is I presume picking up decent results fairly regularly, it’s not even a surprise if Cowden lose.

I didn’t think the Broxburn game a few years ago was a shock either. They totally outplayed Cowden at their patch and fully deserved the win.

Total disaste.r

11 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Goodness me. Things are going from bad to worse. Shambolic.

Shambolic alright. 

What a complete mess we find ourselves in. 

We look like a side heading to Lowland League oblivion sadly unless we drastically improve and make a positive recovery. 

Something has to change urgently as something is clearly not right at our club. 

Utterly appalling. 

All the best to CS Strollers in the next round 

Edited by Cowden316

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Shambolic alright. 

What a complete mess we find ourselves in. 

We look like a side heading to Lowland League oblivion sadly unless we drastically improve and make a positive recovery. 

Something has to change urgently as something is clearly not right at our club. 

Utterly appalling. 

All the best to CS Strollers in the next round 

Just as I predicted on here last Sunday Strollers are no mugs with a manager who is a good organiser.