COWDENBEATH 2021-22

I'm taking the approach here of analysing the overall situation not just on today's performance. My conclusion after thought is that bollan is not the man who should be our manager any longer. 

We are bottom of the league. Our team is capable of more. Last season  we were garbage. I think he has won only 9 games in about 40 league games...  he has overseen one of the worst results in cowden memory with not beating broxburn over 2 games in scottish. 2 or 3 of our promising players have regressed under his management. 

Bollans and his staffs discipline record is shocking over his tenure.

Bollans style of play is that of someone from 1980s. 

His "coaching" is nowhere near up to standard in that we are a predictable team to counteract and scout.

Bollans substitutions are poor.

Bollans overall signing policy has been a fail

Life is not so easy to simply say sack him. It's not that simple. It costs money. It would cost money to bring in sum1 new. It would then mean a new manager would have to almost certainly offload b4 he can bring in. Offloading players under contract is also not easy.

I think the club and board are people who are loyal and who show faith. However after analysing the situation I see no alternative to try find a solution. If I was Bollan I would be reviewing my own situation and say ok this clubs been good to me. Maybe I should step aside but I think his character is such that wont happen.

Satirday for me is the game where dont win and there literally is no alternative but pay up his remaining 6 to 7 .months contract and go another route with someone who would work for very little initially with the potential of a new improved contract for following season.

There will be a lot of managers out there looking to get back in. Finding the "right" one is the issue.

I should also say the players let the club down today too and I feel 5hats first time this season I can say that. Usually they work hard and fight today they didnt.

1 hour ago, ronaldincoo said:

Mate, we can't afford not to sack him.

You are most likely correct with that comment.

If that is the case though, if is ridiculous that he was offered a contract extension. His record since covid is awful!

If money is the problem, put Easton in charge and Bollan on gardening leave. Anything different is worth a go surely?

The board deserve better than what Bollan is offering. 

Certainly a hard game next week in the Scottish Cup, Strollers are no mugs.

They have lost only 3 games this season out of  19 against Dalbeatie on the opening day, Spartans and Bo'ness.

They have beat Bonnyrigg the runaway leaders in the Lowland League and Rangers B and drew with Celtic B.

They really punch above their weight a club with a low fan base even for the Lowland League, Gary Jardine always seems to get a decent squad of players together and gets the most out of them, much like when he was at Edinburgh City.

Seen Tam and Shaun Steven at the game spying for Gary.

1 hour ago, NELLY 1 said:

I'm taking the approach here of analysing the overall situation not just on today's performance. My conclusion after thought is that bollan is not the man who should be our manager any longer. 

We are bottom of the league. Our team is capable of more. Last season  we were garbage. I think he has won only 9 games in about 40 league games...  he has overseen one of the worst results in cowden memory with not beating broxburn over 2 games in scottish. 2 or 3 of our promising players have regressed under his management. 

His "coaching" is nowhere near up to standard in that we are a predictable team to counteract and scout.

Life is not so easy to simply say sack him. It's not that simple. It costs money. It would cost money to bring in sum1 new. It would then mean a new manager would have to almost certainly offload b4 he can bring in. Offloading players under contract is also not easy.

I think the club and board are people who are loyal and who show faith. However after analysing the situation I see no alternative to try find a solution. If I was Bollan I would be reviewing my own situation and say ok this clubs been good to me. Maybe I should step aside but I think his character is such that wont happen.

Satirday for me is the game where dont win and there literally is no alternative but pay up his remaining 6 to 7 .months contract and go another route with someone who would work for very little initially with the potential of a new improved contract for following season.

There will be a lot of managers out there looking to get back in. Finding the "right" one is the issue.

I should also say the players let the club down today too and I feel 5hats first time this season I can say that. Usually they work hard and fight today they didnt.

I have known for some time that the Manager ( and coaching staff ) are tactically inept. I'm sorry, the performance today was completely unacceptable.

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

They have lost only 3 games this season out of  19 against Dalbeatie on the opening day, Spartans and Bo'ness.

They have beat Bonnyrigg the runaway leaders in the Lowland League and Rangers B and drew with Celtic B.

They really punch above their weight a club with a low fan base even for the Lowland League, Gary Jardine always seems to get a decent squad of players together and gets the most out of them, much like when he was at Edinburgh City.

I wonder if Tam paid to get in... :lol:

Honestly Cowdenbeath Football Club, we donate a point to you 2 weeks ago to help get the toffee tormenters back at the bottom and you go and blow it today..

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I wonder if Tam paid to get in... :lol:

Honestly Cowdenbeath Football Club, we donate a point to you 2 weeks ago to help get the toffee tormenters back at the bottom and you go and blow it today..

No idea if he paid in , wouldn’t think so, if he did he would be pensioner rate now.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

What utter bollocks. We should be a more than decent SFPFL team and with the squad we have we should be strolling into this one with no particular sense of trepidation. Bollin out.

7 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

What utter bollocks. We should be a more than decent SFPFL team and with the squad we have we should be strolling into this one with no particular sense of trepidation. Bollin out.

And how much Lowland League games have you watched in your life time Mr Smart Arse?

The reality is CSS are only 3 places below us in the Pyramid set up.

I actually watch football at all levels and know Strollers are no mugs , I merely pointed out their record this season.

”On paper” an SPFL side should beat a non league side but their plenty of clubs over the years who have found out that’s not always the case.

I never said we will be going into it with trepidation but at the same time we can’t just expect to stroll out and think we just need to turn up.

We’ve already beaten the Highland League leaders this season so hopefully we can do the same on Saturday.

At the start of the season I was confident we'd be finishing in the top four. But for some time I've been leaving games thinking the opposition are better than us.

Yesterday was unacceptable. The manager did make the correct substitutions but even more would have been required. 

Once again it wasn't the loss but the way we lost.

What on earth are we doing in "training" some players can't pass a ball more than a couple of metres, shooting what shooting?

After the game against Edinburgh City I thought we had turned the corner but yesterday showed how bad we are.

Never felt more like finding something else to do on a Saturday.

9 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

We should be, but we aren't. If we don't dramatically improve then it would be no surprise to me if CSS beat us about 3-0 next week. It will be interesting to see what the odds are.

29 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

At the start of the season I was confident we'd be finishing in the top four. But for some time I've been leaving games thinking the opposition are better than us.

Yesterday was unacceptable. The manager did make the correct substitutions but even more would have been required. 

Once again it wasn't the loss but the way we lost.

What on earth are we doing in "training" some players can't pass a ball more than a couple of metres, shooting what shooting?

After the game against Edinburgh City I thought we had turned the corner but yesterday showed how bad we are.

Never felt more like finding something else to do on a Saturday.

I thought it would be possible to aim for mid table.

Would have expected Kelty and Stirling for the top 2, Forfar to be there or there abouts.

Edinburgh City, Elgin and Stranraer have all gone backwards but can see Stranraer improving and getting a slot.

Annan had a good first quarter but can they keep it up.

Still possible to move up to the mid table positions but we have to start winning soon.

It was always going to be hard this season no basket case clubs like Berwick or Brechin to finish above.

I know its really really hard to be positive right now however it's something we have to be. Let's not be defeated in our mindset. I agree manager should change however my thought process is that it could cost somewhere between 10 and 20k to get rid of the manager If we had that lying around we would have 1 or 2 better players..

I personally feel gary has to review his own position but his character is such he wont do that. He MUST win Saturday otherwise the money required to get rid of him must b found somehow..

We have Lower league experience within the ranks.. we dont put enough faith in fringe players and perhaps they are not good enough but we need hungry players willing to prove manager they r worth a start.. gary is too loyal for his own good.

With all the facts pros and cons laid bare it would point too the manager not being good enough and I think offering him a new co tract was our biggest mistake.

Let's get behind players Saturday they r lacking confidence..

2 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

I know its really really hard to be positive right now however it's something we have to be. Let's not be defeated in our mindset. I agree manager should change however my thought process is that it could cost somewhere between 10 and 20k to get rid of the manager If we had that lying around we would have 1 or 2 better players..

I personally feel gary has to review his own position but his character is such he wont do that. He MUST win Saturday otherwise the money required to get rid of him must b found somehow..

We have Lower league experience within the ranks.. we dont put enough faith in fringe players and perhaps they are not good enough but we need hungry players willing to prove manager they r worth a start.. gary is too loyal for his own good.

With all the facts pros and cons laid bare it would point too the manager not being good enough and I think offering him a new co tract was our biggest mistake.

Let's get behind players Saturday they r lacking confidence..

They should have been confident after the Edinburgh game they were streets ahead.

18 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

This has an altogether familiar ring to it from our perspective .   Sometimes it is not as easy as just replacing the manager . When the losing mentality sets in it is amazing how easy it is to make quick and rash decisions based on nothing more than hope . 

22 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

This has an altogether familiar ring to it from our perspective .   Sometimes it is not as easy as just replacing the manager . When the losing mentality sets in it is amazing how easy it is to make quick and rash decisions based on nothing more than hope . 

I dont think the board have ever made a rash decision. I think there has been times in bollans tenure where he has been under pressure. We haven't reacted. However the faith and goodwill and confidence should be evaporating at a massive rate. Thus I see no alternative than to try bring sum1 in with new fresh ideas it's a risk however every signing/appointmentbus a risk. I think it's one that would pay off for us.

Now to the little thing called money and how we go about getting out of the situation. I'm certain bollan will b in charge for Saturday. However lose and I'm also sure he wont b there for the following game. Another broxburn escapade is then the last straw.

If we win on Saturday does it change anything anyone thinks about the manager?

I tend not to knee jerk but even I think we need a change. And I also think it will compound the financial impact if he is still in charge on Saturday and we lose.

I think we are far more likely to lose if he is there than if he is not so I would prefer he is out this week.

The cup game has got disaster written all over it.

Only about 3 places between the teams in the pyramid system points to a close game. Factor in that 1 team is devoid of confidence and not playing well, and the other is I presume picking up decent results fairly regularly, it’s not even a surprise if Cowden lose.

I didn’t think the Broxburn game a few years ago was a shock either. They totally outplayed Cowden at their patch and fully deserved the win.