COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Thought it was vital we got 5-6 wins in the first 10 games, as an injury or two to a couple of the key players and we have zero replacements.

That’s not happening.

I fear we’re going to sleepwalk into oblivion under Bollan.

Don’t envy the guys making the decisions, as we’ve all been excited with new managers that blew up massively in our face in the past. Risking anyone else coming in and doing the same would be disastrous for obvious reasons.

Currently petrified, to be honest.

52 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Least surprising result of the season today. Bollan needs to sort this. We must be spending a decent amount this season. 

I've been fed up with him for ages so everybody knows my position. Tactics are poor, inflexible with subs and far too much of a hothead. 

Bollan needs to go. The "tactics" are the same every week regardless of who we play and he doesn't know how to change it when it isn't working.

17 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Don't know why we signed these young guys from the Rovers if we are not going to give them a game. In each of the last three games the opposition have used four substitutes to keep the tempo up while we have visibly tired. Who was the new guy on the bench?He  didn't get any game time either.

Was having a conversation with someone from the rovers a few weeks ago now, and I said then I felt they had joined the wrong team.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Don't know why we signed these young guys from the Rovers if we are not going to give them a game. In each of the last three games the opposition have used four substitutes to keep the tempo up while we have visibly tired. Who was the new guy on the bench?He  didn't get any game time either.

They seem to just be brought in to warm the bench. If I was Mcglynn I wouldn't be pleased and would be recalling them back to Raith. 

Unless there is some other reason we as fans don't know about.

Who knows as there is a lack of communication/engagement between the manager and fans i. E no post match interview for a while?

You have to engage and provide dialogue with a small community club such as ours in some shape or form which is severely lacking at present. Digitally in these current circumstances. 

Would be good to see a statement from the gaffer on how he looks to put things right and his thoughts as at the end of the day we as fans pay our money and want to see results. 

Yes I am not a happy bunny tonight as I don't like seeing our club in the position it is currently under especially for all our board of directors and volunteers at the club due to all  the hard work they put in to the give us a football club which I am sure we all appreciate.

They and our fans deserve our club to be in a much better position than we currently are . 

Hopefully we are of to a slow start and can start picking up a winning streak to move up the table. 

I openly suggested Bollan as a preference with his track record well before he was announced as our manager and he has the experience and ability to turn this around. However I am concerned as we all are with how things are just now and we must improve. 

When you look at what Dick has achieved at Arbroath from a bottom league two club to currently sitting third in the championship. It shows what can be achieved at a part time club with the right manager at the helm and Bollan and the team should be aspiring to that level of success. Very inspiring and from a local football manage too. 

Hopefully we can bring the good times again back to Central Park 

Edited by Cowden316

50 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

They seem to just be brought in to warm the bench. If I was Mcglynn I wouldn't be pleased and would be recalling them back to Raith. 

Unless there is some other reason we as fans don't know about.

Who knows as there is a lack of communication/engagement between the manager and fans i. E no post match interview for a while?

You have to engage and provide dialogue with a small community club such as ours in some shape or form which is severely lacking at present. Digitally in these current circumstances. 

Would be good to see a statement from the gaffer on how he looks to put things right and his thoughts as at the end of the day we as fans pay our money and want to see results. 

Yes I am not a happy bunny tonight as I don't like seeing our club in the position it is currently under especially for all our board of directors and volunteers at the club due to all  the hard work they put in to the give us a football club which I am sure we all appreciate.

They and our fans deserve our club to be in a much better position than we currently are . 

Hopefully we are of to a slow start and can start picking up a winning streak to move up the table. 

I openly suggested Bollan as a preference with his track record well before he was announced as our manager and he has the experience and ability to turn this around. However I am concerned as we all are with how things are just now and we must improve. 

When you look at what Dick has achieved at Arbroath from a bottom league two club to currently sitting third in the championship. It shows what can be achieved at a part time club with the right manager at the helm and Bollan and the team should be aspiring to that level of success. Very inspiring and from a local football manage too. 

Hopefully we can bring the good times again back to Central Park 

You are quite right to hold up Campbell and Arbroath as an example all us Div 2 clubs should be aspiring to but I suspect there is a vast difference in finance made available to Campbell than Bollan even when they were in Div2 and we all know that is usually the decisive factor no matter how good a coach is at the helm.

Bollan has been in charge at Central Park for nearly 4 years. Most Cowden managers since 1974 have only lasted a season or two with the exceptions being Craig Levein, John Brownlie and Bollan.

The revolving door seems to have got stuck. Time for the WD40?

4 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

I’ve noticed the 10-15minutes here and there habit, and it’s not going to encourage any other teams to loan Cowden anything. If they’d seen some serious playing time and been found wanting, it would be one thing.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

I’ve noticed the 10-15minutes here and there habit, and it’s not going to encourage any other teams to loan Cowden anything. If they’d seen some serious playing time and been found wanting, it would be one thing.

I don't know why we took them on other than to make up the numbers. Started against Fraserburgh, were ineffective and replaced at half-time.

12 hours ago, big al said:

Signing him doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

Wasn't for this, but to be fair, he has played well in all the games I've seen. We probably would have been in an even worse position if he wasn't there.

We still have to play three of the better teams and could well be sitting on the same points total after the first quarter. 

It's easy to blame the manager, but some of our passing has been awful and many goals have been scored against after individual errors rather than good play by the opposition.

For goodness sake get a grip before it's too late .The players are there.

5 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I don't know why we took them on other than to make up the numbers. Started against Fraserburgh, were ineffective and replaced at half-time.

Got you. I thought I saw that Coulson looked decent playing, but I guess I misread the reviews. Mahady seems consigned to the last 5-10 minutes.