COWDENBEATH 2021-22

14 hours ago, big al said:

He’s not my cup of tea either, but I can totally understand why he has been retained. 
He got the club out of a major rut, which wasn’t easy.

He also had the club in 4th when Covid hit. 
Since then nothing has been normal, although this season can be classed as normal so let’s see how he does. For me though, he has enough credit in the bank to deserve that, even if I’m not a fan personally. 

Its been more normal but our recent bad spell has come when we had players with covid and others self isolating and unable to train so its not really normal.

Hopefully with the players back to full training things will improve.

13 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Too nice a guy.

Whit? the guy has been our POTY last 2 seasons (as voted for by fans) 100% committed in every game and actually has a little edge and nasty side to him (you see and hear it when there was no fans) real leader. Plays through the pain barrier as well. Craig is your typical captain actually.

The team can perform better results wise performance wise we are doing ok. 

In regards to Bollan I will keep my opinions to myself for now and judge when through first quarter of season on top of the opinions raised through his entire tenure.

50 minutes ago, NELLY said:

Whit? the guy has been our POTY last 2 seasons (as voted for by fans) 100% committed in every game and actually has a little edge and nasty side to him (you see and hear it when there was no fans) real leader. Plays through the pain barrier as well. Craig is your typical captain actually.

The team can perform better results wise performance wise we are doing ok. 

In regards to Bollan I will keep my opinions to myself for now and judge when through first quarter of season on top of the opinions raised through his entire tenure.

Craig's ability NEVER been in doubt. But something not right. We were so much on top first half against Annan yet could have lost by more.Against Stranraer we really should have got something from the game. Against Stenny with many players missing we did really well.

It's puzzling.

7 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Craig's ability NEVER been in doubt. But something not right. We were so much on top first half against Annan yet could have lost by more.Against Stranraer we really should have got something from the game. Against Stenny with many players missing we did really well.

It's puzzling.

Bare in mind Stenny are garbage.

Edited by big al

9 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

It's puzzling.

Although the goals we lost in both were bad I’m sure a lot of players would have ran out of steam after not being able to train due to isolating.

5 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Didn't realise quite how bad our record at Cliftonhill is. 

Since we won 3-1 there back in February 2006 we've played 10 matches there.  3 losses, 7 draws and only 5 goals scored!

So we have only lost 3 but not been beaten in over double that.

bbc city GIF

Tough and difficult conversations to be made in my opinion 4 games defeated in a row completely unacceptable with this squad. 

I am deeply concerned that we are not progressing as a club despite the tremendous amount of hard work and commitment that goes on behind the scenes. We just simply seem to continually be in survival mode albeit unprecedented times has not helped matters. 

The trapdoor will eventually give way and we cannot keep riding our luck and unfortunately nobody has a magic wand .

We have a squad this season that yes good on paper but the league table doesn't lie. With this squad we are under achieving and something I don't know what isn't right. Defensively lacking too this season which is quite surprising with the good committed players such as Barr and Todd. 

Everyone team/manager has to step up and be accountable and improve things very quickly. 

Edited by Cowden316

Least surprising result of the season today. Bollan needs to sort this. We must be spending a decent amount this season. 

I've been fed up with him for ages so everybody knows my position. Tactics are poor, inflexible with subs and far too much of a hothead.