COWDENBEATH 2021-22

Anyone have an update on Morrison?

Think he could be the difference between struggling and being comfortable. Miller is truly shocking.

Would we ever consider Thomson in a similar to role as Chris Hamilton?

Think they are similar in reading the game, and no doubt Thomson’s best game so far came at CB.

Swann or Clarke
Todd
Thommo
Mango
Mullen

Hutton
Morrison
Robbie

Liam
Renton

Could even put Swann in behind like he was for half an hour last night. Give him a free role.

6 hours ago, StevieLes II said:

Think he could be the difference between struggling and being comfortable. Miller is truly shocking.

Think they are similar in reading the game, and no doubt Thomson’s best game so far came at CB.

Swann or Clarke
Todd
Thommo
Mango
Mullen

Hutton
Morrison
Robbie

Liam
Renton

Could even put Swann in behind like he was for half an hour last night. Give him a free role.

Agree about Thomson best games have been at centre half.

might be worth trying 3-5-2 with Mango, Todd, Thomson. That would allow Clarke and  Mullen to be wing backs.

5 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Where’s the best place for parking near the ground? Leisure centre?

Their no stock cars tonight so you would get out of the car park outside the ground quick.

Leisure centre one is probably best as there are more spaces.

On 01/09/2021 at 16:05, StevieLes II said:

Swann or Clarke
Todd
Thommo
Mango
Mullen

Hutton
Morrison
Robbie

Liam
Renton

Everything worryingly quiet on Morrison.

I didn’t get to see the Alloa game live but on the highlights it looks like we had some serious chances to make it difficult for them . Our defending has being careless at times but I think we have had 4 cleared off the line in the last 3 games at the other end  . I get why some fans are pessimistic and that lies with the manager and his stubbornness . Do think a win is coming tho . Luck has not being on our side recently  A Dark cloud around the Club is never good . I think we have competition  for places this season but lacking a bit in middle of the park . Miller and Hutton are just too similar for me . Hopefully we can break the hoodoo down Coatbridge . Is never normally an easy away day but we are playing ok and not winning . I am quite positive for the weekend 

Edited by SuperCowden

Our record at Coatbridge is honking. Time to change that. The teams creating chances which is a great sign but lapses in concentration and basic defending and blocking is costing us and mainly last 3 games when overall we have actually played quite well.

Scrappy 1 nil win for us on Saturday Bucks with the goal. Could turn the tide a little.

I don’t understand why Gary Bollan was retained as Cowden manager after last season. We finished just above a truly dreadful Brechin team who still managed to beat us in what could have been crucial games. Obviously it was a strange season but our squad should have still been good enough for a mid table finish. 
So far, with a better squad we are still struggling and look like we will be lucky to be mid table, if not in the relegation fight again. Hopefully everyone can give me the big STFU and GIRFUY soon. Loyalty is a good quality but often it costs dearly as we have seen in many recent seasons. 

11 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I don’t understand why Gary Bollan was retained as Cowden manager after last season. We finished just above a truly dreadful Brechin team who still managed to beat us in what could have been crucial games. Obviously it was a strange season but our squad should have still been good enough for a mid table finish. 
So far, with a better squad we are still struggling and look like we will be lucky to be mid table, if not in the relegation fight again. Hopefully everyone can give me the big STFU and GIRFUY soon. Loyalty is a good quality but often it costs dearly as we have seen in many recent seasons. 

I doubt he's on a particularly lucrative contract but perhaps you can't afford to sack him, especially after Covid. I'm not having a go at the Blue Brazil as there will be other clubs in this boat too (including perhaps my own.. :whistle)

12 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

We finished 11 points ahead of Brechin in a season that lasted only 22 games.  Brechin beat us in one game not games. 

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

We finished 11 points ahead of Brechin in a season that lasted only 22 games.  Brechin beat us in one game not games. 

It certainly was the strangest season ever. He’s just not my cup of tea I suppose but the board must believe in him and see how he works with the team on a day to day basis. Hopefully results pick up again soon.

1 hour ago, Only coo in the village said:

It certainly was the strangest season ever. He’s just not my cup of tea I suppose but the board must believe in him and see how he works with the team on a day to day basis. Hopefully results pick up again soon.

He’s not my cup of tea either, but I can totally understand why he has been retained. 
He got the club out of a major rut, which wasn’t easy.

He also had the club in 4th when Covid hit. 
Since then nothing has been normal, although this season can be classed as normal so let’s see how he does. For me though, he has enough credit in the bank to deserve that, even if I’m not a fan personally.